Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Bof5A (lengthy theory) SPOILERS!

boldog
Rohan

Oct 8 2013, 10:10am

Views: 893
Shortcut
Bof5A (lengthy theory) SPOILERS! Can't Post

Okay this has been my latest thought for the hobbit trilogy and it is concerning the deaths of several main characters. I will give you a run down from the first death, and how they all tie in to the final death. I will also try and describe locations, choreography, and vocabulary.! So bear with me! and please no hate if you don't like any of my ideas, remember its just a theory~Wink

So it begins during the peak of the Bo5a. Thorin has come out to fight with the rest of the company, by knocking down the walls of erebor as it is mentioned in the book. As they are fighting Thorin, Fili and Kili, find themselves separated from the rest, and in heavy combat with the orcs. They eventually become surrounded, and fight their way back to a ledge, where an entrance to the mountain is. Bolg, having the same mentality as his father (wanting to wipe the line of durin also) sees the three on the ledge and makes his way there. But before he can attack the dwarves he is stopped short by an old enemy of his. Beorn. Beorn, tells the dwarves to hurry into the mountain, and he begins to duel with Bolg. (Beorn is in his human form) they fight at first with Beorn wielding his axe, and Bolg with two of his swords (the ones we see in his toy). But as the fight gets more aggressive, they both disarm eachother, and the fight becomes a wrestle. Eventually Bolg gets the better of Beorn and throws him off the ledge. Laughing with joy and proclaiming himself for slaying the last Beorning, Bolg looks down to see his fallen foe. But to his shock Beorns body wasn't there. All of a sudden Beorn leaps up at Bolg, now full of wrath and transformed into a bear, and starts to absolutely throw bolg around like a toy. Azog, who was fighting below in the distance, happens to see his son getting smashed by Beorn, and looks on in horror. As they are fighting, Bolg manages to get up but all of a sudden, beorn slashes one of his sharp claws at Beorns throat, and thus slices it open. (yes a bit graphic) Bolg, Holds his throat in shock, as he is about to die, and looks down towards Azog. There they get eye contact, and Bolg watches him While Beorn, charges at the mortally wounded Bolg and pushes him off the ledge. Bolg falls and is impaled by an Orc spear. Azog, now full of wrath, began to cut his way through the ranks to the location of his fallen son. There they exchange final words. Bolg tells Azog that he almost had thorin, but Beorn stopped him short. With this Bolg dies. Azog then looks up to the ledge where, Bolg fell, and there looking down at him is Thorin, his long hated nemesis. Azog, constantly eyeing thorin, picks up one of Bolgs swords and slowly makes his way to the ledge where Thorin is.

after this a montage of clips from other characters will happen throughout the battle.

We then go back to Azog, walking into the mountain itself. He enters into the main chamber, which we saw in the prologue that had many bridges everywhere, and a long fall to the bottom. There waiting for him is Thorin and his two Nephews. They exchange words with eachother, with Azog telling him that he is a coward for letting his own heirs die with him. Thorin says some abusive things to Azog and the four begin to duel. This is the first of three that will undergo with Azog and the three characters. this one is the shortest. So the four are fighting on the bridge within erebor. But due to Smaugs occupation of the mountain, many of the architecture within the mountain began to fall apart, and was starting to crumble. (like Moria fotr) As they are fighting a large bit of architecture falls in between them. This causes thorin to separate form his nephews and Azog. Plus to make things worse, the part of the bridge which thorin was on, began to fall into the abyss below, and thorin just managed to jump onto a lower platform, before the bridge fell to the depths below. Now he had to make his way all the way up to the other three, which required a lot of stairs, and many more bridges below. Thorin could see them above him for most the time as he was trying to get back. So now begins the second duel. This time it is Fili and Kili against Azog. The two brothers fight the best they ever had against him, full of bravery, loyalty and honour. they were both armed with a sword each, while Azog had his prosthetic hand, and Bolgs sword. So during this fighting sequence we constantly swap between Throin trying to make his way up to them, watching them as he goes, and the actual fight. But as we get deeper in the fight, the Brothers (no being veteran fighters) Start to loose energy and strength, and then in a quick swift move, Azog manages to stab right through the stomach of Fili. (the older) Thorin sees this and yells "FILLI!", as he moves faster up. Kili in wrath for his brothers wound, and in defense of him, fights harder, but he too is overpowered by Azog, who manages to stab him in the shoulder, and punch him to the floor. Though he was not as wounded as his brother was, Kili began to crawl in pain and defeat towards his brother. Thorin at this time is going insane yelling and running and crying to his fallen nephews before it is too late. As kili crawls towards his dying brother, Azog kicks him, thus wounding him even more. Kili gets to his brother, and holds his hand, as their foreheads touch. he whispers to Fili "we die together" With this, comes some very emotional hope lost kind of music, where we see Thorin running now being too late, and in slow motion we see Azog make his first swing at Kili. The swing which cleans off his head. It then goes to thorin, almost soaked in tears. Then we see the dying Fili, still holding his brothers hand, and Azog makes his second swing and cuts off his head. Thus the death of the two nephews of thorin, and the two heirs of the line of durin. Thorin then finally gets back, and runs past Azog to his dead nephews, and hugs there lifeless bodies, while he cries. Azog laughs and mocks him by saying there is only one more to kill. Thorin immidiateley gets up and begins to duel Azog, in the longest and most epic of all the duels. This one will go for some time, and it will see them, fighting from bridge to bridge, avoiding falling ruins, hanging off cliffs, and eventually will end with the two duelling it out below the throne of Thror (which we saw in the prologue of AUJ) They will fight, and once again Azog gets the advantage, and stabs thorin in the stomach. Thorin then falls to the ground. Azog bends down ontop of him, and makes ready to cut off thorins head mocking him as he is doing so, by saying "ALAS!, the line of durin is finally ended, I am the superior." But then Thorin manages to get a knife into Azogs side. Azog jolts in hesitation, and Thorin stabs him again in the side of the throat. They grapple eachother,and eventually Thorin gets the righter hand, and goes ontop of azog. (This is based on one of those photos that peter Jackson put up during his final day of shooting) He then says in return of Azogs mock "The line is not yet destroyed" he stabs Azog again in the neck. "Dain yet lives" Azogs eyes become full of Anger and he begins to choke thorin. Thorin now about to die, just gets enough strength, and stabs Azog one last time, thus killing him once and for all. Thorin, then falls down and goes into a deep swoon. It then cuts into a montage of clips of him being carried by people, and eventually he regains he consciousncess on his death bed in a tent outside the mountain. He is dying and asks desperately for Bilbo, as he needed to speak to him urgently.

And we all know what happens next.....

So what do you all think? please read it all, I know its long, but its something ive always wanted to write.
Thanks in regards Sly

"fingolfin looked up in grief to see what evil morgoth had done to maedhros"

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Oct 8 2013, 6:00pm)

Subject User Time
Bof5A (lengthy theory) SPOILERS! boldog Send a private message to boldog Oct 8 2013, 10:10am
    Too late for spoilers Shagrat Send a private message to Shagrat Oct 8 2013, 10:23am
    Well... chris10112 Send a private message to chris10112 Oct 8 2013, 10:26am
        nevermind the thread title.... boldog Send a private message to boldog Oct 8 2013, 10:28am
            A couple more points Shagrat Send a private message to Shagrat Oct 8 2013, 10:36am
                but decapitating will not be in a gorry way boldog Send a private message to boldog Oct 8 2013, 10:41am
                    I appreciate that Shagrat Send a private message to Shagrat Oct 8 2013, 10:46am
    Phew! Took me a while but I got there. Joe20 Send a private message to Joe20 Oct 8 2013, 10:30am
        yeah i know.... boldog Send a private message to boldog Oct 8 2013, 10:32am
    Oh no... just now a friend of mine was sitting next to me and saw the title :( Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Oct 8 2013, 10:36am
        i dont know how to edit it!! boldog Send a private message to boldog Oct 8 2013, 10:37am
            I've edited it for you. Silverlode Send a private message to Silverlode Oct 8 2013, 12:40pm
            I've edited it for you. :) / Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Oct 8 2013, 6:01pm
    I made a post about the Beorn vs Bolg duel myself, last week. Boromir Stark Send a private message to Boromir Stark Oct 8 2013, 10:45am
        Boromir stark boldog Send a private message to boldog Oct 8 2013, 10:54am
    Could happen any number of ways... Salmacis81 Send a private message to Salmacis81 Oct 8 2013, 1:33pm
        BOFA Radagast's Lead Bunny Send a private message to Radagast's Lead Bunny Oct 8 2013, 2:03pm
            Agreed! // Arandir Send a private message to Arandir Oct 8 2013, 4:03pm
    The Battle needs to take place entirely outside Arandir Send a private message to Arandir Oct 8 2013, 4:05pm
    Great theory! burgahobbit Send a private message to burgahobbit Oct 9 2013, 1:11am
        thanks heaps burga hobbit!! boldog Send a private message to boldog Oct 9 2013, 1:33am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.