Bombadil
Half-elven

Oct 5 2013, 9:59pm

Post #1 of 18 (1093 views)
Shortcut
BOMBUR's Biggie Moment! Can't Post

The Enchanted River...
Bomby's been thinkin'g about THAT
ever since we got a look at the Desk Diary from Italy...

Do you think we will follow Bombur underwater?..
like Frodo in the Dead Marshes
or Sam almost drowning
in the Anduin?

In 3D The Enchanted River
would be Killer! Especially with some
STRANGE Howard Shore's Score.

Some sort of Hallucinations in the Water?

Bombur was starving by this time, in our Book,
maybe it's
Wild-Looking Flowing Food?That he is grabbing at,
but it dissolves in his hands?

Then how are they gunna get him out?
They can't touch the Water, so do they pull him out
with a Rope?

WET.. he will probably weight about 400 pounds?
It's probably take 6 Dwarves to carry him..

Bomby
Bombur's Bosom Buddy

Na Vedui
Rohan

Oct 5 2013, 10:37pm

Post #2 of 18 (584 views)
Shortcut
Food in the water [In reply to] Can't Post

"maybe it's
Wild-Looking Flowing Food?That he is grabbing at,
but it dissolves in his hands?"

He might be up for that, especially if there was weed in the water! Do you remember - when they are going down that rocky path on the way into Rivendell in AUJ, Bombur was eyeing up some moss growing on the rock wall, in a rather hungry way?

Barrow-Wight
Rohan

Oct 6 2013, 12:36am

Post #3 of 18 (490 views)
Shortcut
Great Idea! [In reply to] Can't Post

That's a great idea I've never thought about that But I have a feeling that the enchanted river scene may end up in the EE

and to Na Vedui. Weed in the water? maybe if Radagast fell in lol!

Na Vedui
Rohan

Oct 6 2013, 12:43am

Post #4 of 18 (487 views)
Shortcut
Hey - [In reply to] Can't Post

- You just solved the mystery of the power of the sleepy river - it's the weed in the waterWink

Bombadil
Half-elven

Oct 6 2013, 12:53am

Post #5 of 18 (471 views)
Shortcut
BWA HA HA! [In reply to] Can't Post

Seriously Doubt Bombur Smokes
Anything...He is too Busy Eating..

Plus it might Spoil his Appetite?

Yet again...maybe that why he has
THE MUNCHIES all the TIME?
Sly

Nira
Lorien

Oct 6 2013, 2:37pm

Post #6 of 18 (358 views)
Shortcut
I too have a bad feeling it will be an EE only scene... [In reply to] Can't Post

...or not in at all. I hope not; it would add good canon drama+comedy & Bombur needs some lines! Food in the water is perfect. Seeing how they are able to get him out would be fun to watch. Anyone know if this scene was filmed/planned?

"Why, to think of it, we're in the same tale still! It's going on. Don't the great tales never end?" -Samwise

Barrow-Wight
Rohan

Oct 6 2013, 2:52pm

Post #7 of 18 (356 views)
Shortcut
They filmed it [In reply to] Can't Post

There are some shots in the Vlogs where the dwarves are carrying Bombur Food in the water is awesome as long as they don't overdue it like Bombur thinking Bilbo is a giant Chicken leg or something lol

(This post was edited by Barrow-Wight on Oct 6 2013, 2:52pm)

Nira
Lorien

Oct 6 2013, 2:56pm

Post #8 of 18 (335 views)
Shortcut
Yay! Thanks for the info! [In reply to] Can't Post

Carrying him food while he's in the water? Weird. Do you recall which vlog that was? I missed that.

"Why, to think of it, we're in the same tale still! It's going on. Don't the great tales never end?" -Samwise

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 6 2013, 3:17pm

Post #9 of 18 (348 views)
Shortcut
I wouldn't be surprised if they replaced the enchanted river for ... [In reply to] Can't Post

A poisonous mushroom that Bombur eats. It wouldn't be as dramatic, but we haven't seen (or heard) anything that confirms the enchanted river (and boat) has made it into the film. The river still exists in the film-universe though (it's on the map), so it may still be featured. I can just see this change happening. Wink.

Regardless of how it happens, I doubt it will end up in the extended edition. They carry Bombur around for some time. It would be difficult to completely cut it out.

(This post was edited by DanielLB on Oct 6 2013, 3:23pm)

Barrow-Wight
Rohan

Oct 6 2013, 3:27pm

Post #10 of 18 (320 views)
Shortcut
oops [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry about that I meant to say in the Vlog they were just carrying him lol I forgot to put a period there I have bad grammar

Nira
Lorien

Oct 6 2013, 3:53pm

Post #11 of 18 (304 views)
Shortcut
oh, yeah [In reply to] Can't Post

I presumed that shot was of after the barrel ride...

DwellerInDale
Rohan

Oct 6 2013, 4:16pm

Post #12 of 18 (297 views)
Shortcut
Another possible reason to keep the enchanted river scene... [In reply to] Can't Post

...is that it gives Fili his moment to shine, if they stick to the book, since he is the one who lassos the boat. He really hasn't had much to do yet, so that may be the "Fili Moment".

In Reply To
but we haven't seen (or heard) anything that confirms the enchanted river (and boat) has made it into the film.

Don't mess with my favorite female elf.

Bombadil
Half-elven

Oct 6 2013, 4:29pm

Post #13 of 18 (291 views)
Shortcut
They could condense the Timeline of Bombur's Biggie Moment? [In reply to] Can't Post

Please reference the TORn Home Page picture
of the Enchanted Stream from the Italian Desk Diary?

Have him fall in after crossing the Stream
over that fallen Tree.

He goes underwater With us... yet his Beard?
Floats and they grab him?

Fear of Drowning
was demonstrated quite clearly
by both Frodo & Sam,
so this IS PJ's
ONE chance to
show that here.

It's also..Mirkwood's...ONE chance
to demonstrate that IT
... is
The Scariest EVIL Forest
ever written about.

It's a Ramp-UP prelude to Spiders.
Bomby

Dragonrnbw
Rivendell

Oct 6 2013, 4:29pm

Post #14 of 18 (300 views)
Shortcut
In V-Log [In reply to] Can't Post

In V-log 8 it shows a few pictures of Bombur on some rocks and he appears to be OUT...Bilbo looks wet to me. Bilbo still has his red coat and nap sack and the others are still in their clothes so it looks as if it is before they are captured. Now that doesn't make much sense because if Bilbo fell into the river he would be out too..??...been trying to piece that one shot together for sometime now.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

burgahobbit
Rohan

Oct 7 2013, 12:03pm

Post #15 of 18 (207 views)
Shortcut
Nope [In reply to] Can't Post

There are actually several different shots in V-logs and in promo material and the dwarves are definitely still wandering around in Mirkwood forest.

Thanks to DarkJackal's photo gallery you can easily find these pictures. Here's a couple here and here (see what Bombur's lying on in the background).

I can't wait to see this, its something I am really looking forward to, its actually one of the top things on my list (well I haven't really made a list...). Unfortunately I would be shocked if it is not moved to the EE as others have said. But depending on how long Bombur is zonked out for and what happens during these scenes, they may not have a choice but to include it. SmileTongue

(This post was edited by burgahobbit on Oct 7 2013, 12:04pm)

Dragonrnbw
Rivendell

Oct 7 2013, 1:11pm

Post #16 of 18 (194 views)
Shortcut
I see [In reply to] Can't Post

The second shot looks to be the same area where I saw them on the rocks. Yet, in this one Bilbo doesn't look wet.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Bombadil
Half-elven

Oct 7 2013, 2:37pm

Post #17 of 18 (186 views)
Shortcut
A Weird thought about Bombur's Beard? [In reply to] Can't Post

It always looked like a Necklace of hair...
But the new "BombyThought" about it??
Maybe it's that way since is a
Life PERSERVER?

He falls in
The Beard Floats
They grab him
"By the Beard"?
and pull him out without getting wet.

Could happen...No?

burgahobbit
Rohan

Oct 7 2013, 7:43pm

Post #18 of 18 (157 views)
Shortcut
Great idea Bomby [In reply to] Can't Post

Bombur is completely engulfed by the river...all but his beard that is. The dwarves scramble to catch this chain of hair as it nearly disappears under the water. Finally they do so, much to his dismay, and as he is being dragged out he mutters, "No, not by the beard." He is dragged onto the bank and he immediately falls on his face into the ground and snores loudly. Smile

(This post was edited by burgahobbit on Oct 7 2013, 7:44pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.