Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
I second that

Semper Fi
Rohan

Oct 5 2013, 9:52am

Views: 186
Shortcut
I second that [In reply to] Can't Post

LOTR broke ground with mo'cap and Neytiri was the absolute pinnacle of what that effect can do, and now Gravity SFX pushed the envelope and introduced something new. It's really a good thing that SFX are constantly going forward as opposed to being stuck in one type. Also, I'm glad that there's diversity of SFX companies now as opposed to ILM and WETA oligopoly. SFX houses tend specialize in one type of SFX in particular so it's good to have new companies that bring something new to the table. Competition makes one challenge itself and contribute to progress.

Incredible movie, AMPAS would be fools not to award it in major categories. Sci fi is making so much money for Hollywood yet they never awarded a movie in that genre (LOTR was fantasy). I don't see a better candidate for the honor coming in a long time. Also, a role like Bullock's, a one woman show, with this level of physicality and emotional engagement is unheard of. Take a look - Life of PI, Buried, All is Lost, Castaway, 127 Hours, I Am Legend are all movies that were one man show in different degrees and all starring an actor. Gravity is the only movie of that kind starring an actress. Just groundbreaking movie on more levels than one.

"RadagaStoner deserves no mercy!" Tauriel the Radagast Slayer, the Chief of Inglorious Elfguards

Tauriel saved us from Itaril. Never forget.

Subject User Time
Visual Effects, Soundtrack, Sound, Camera, and Editing Oscars won't defy GRAVITY Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Oct 4 2013, 9:04pm
    Ah can't wait for this film! imin Send a private message to imin Oct 4 2013, 9:11pm
        I was 100% sure this was overhyped. Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Oct 4 2013, 9:14pm
    Yes, and it will incredibly well deserved. Aragorn the Elfstone Send a private message to Aragorn the Elfstone Oct 4 2013, 9:24pm
        Exactly. Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Oct 4 2013, 9:31pm
            You guys! You're killing me! :P // imin Send a private message to imin Oct 4 2013, 9:35pm
                Why do you lads over there have to wait so long?^^ Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Oct 4 2013, 9:37pm
                    Cause life is unfair? imin Send a private message to imin Oct 4 2013, 9:43pm
                        Such a shame... even in Germany we have it already. Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Oct 4 2013, 9:45pm
                            Hopefully it will be worth the wait! :) // imin Send a private message to imin Oct 4 2013, 9:48pm
        Did you have the feeling as well... *SPOILERS* Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Oct 6 2013, 2:09pm
            Yes Aragorn the Elfstone Send a private message to Aragorn the Elfstone Oct 6 2013, 8:20pm
    I'm going to see this on Sunday in IMAX! Elutherian Send a private message to Elutherian Oct 4 2013, 11:59pm
    No shame for DOS, at all. cats16 Send a private message to cats16 Oct 5 2013, 12:08am
        I second that Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Oct 5 2013, 9:52am
            The symbolic images are also amazing... Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Oct 5 2013, 3:59pm
                Agreed, totally iconic Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Oct 5 2013, 4:14pm
                    Well Prisoner of Azkaban was my fave book and film in the series, and I loved Children of Men malickfan Send a private message to malickfan Oct 5 2013, 6:30pm
                        Oddly enough I actually found Prisoner of Azkaban to be truest to the books in many ways dubulous Send a private message to dubulous Oct 6 2013, 7:07am
                            I never seem to hear complaints about POA as a film, just as an adapation malickfan Send a private message to malickfan Oct 10 2013, 9:39pm
    Gravity and real Gravity have something in common Elessar Send a private message to Elessar Oct 6 2013, 7:59pm
        Funny how different perceptions are. Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Oct 6 2013, 9:17pm
            It is funny Elessar Send a private message to Elessar Oct 6 2013, 9:40pm
                Yes. Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Oct 6 2013, 9:42pm
                    Speak for yourself. Elessar's clearly crazy. Aragorn the Elfstone Send a private message to Aragorn the Elfstone Oct 6 2013, 9:55pm
                    I didn't take it that way :) Elessar Send a private message to Elessar Oct 6 2013, 10:05pm
    Too early to judge, eh? LordotRings93 Send a private message to LordotRings93 Oct 7 2013, 2:48am
        Not really, since DoS will mainly look like AUJ. Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Oct 7 2013, 10:05am
    Yeah I was blown away! Old Toby Send a private message to Old Toby Oct 7 2013, 5:09am
        Yes... Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Oct 7 2013, 10:10am
        Disagree Sunflower Send a private message to Sunflower Oct 14 2013, 6:20am
    I just saw it this afternoon, have mixed feelings. guitarzankansasfan Send a private message to guitarzankansasfan Oct 12 2013, 8:41pm
        I think the marketing is partly to blame for this... Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Oct 12 2013, 9:05pm
            Gravity was good but not great Mahtion Send a private message to Mahtion Oct 12 2013, 11:06pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.