Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
another (better) personality quiz -- what character in the silmarillion are you?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

dubulous
Rohan

Oct 1 2013, 11:37am

Post #26 of 49 (286 views)
Shortcut
Turgon / Idril for me [In reply to] Can't Post

I think I can live with that.

I may secretly have been hoping for Galadriel, but I know I'm not much like her.

cats16
Valinor

Oct 1 2013, 12:16pm

Post #27 of 49 (274 views)
Shortcut
Hehehe. *bows* [In reply to] Can't Post

At your service.

Cool

Lightfoot
Rivendell

Oct 1 2013, 1:30pm

Post #28 of 49 (281 views)
Shortcut
Ditto [In reply to] Can't Post

I am another Turgon/ Idril apparently.

Faithful servant yet master's bane,
Lightfoot's foal, swift Snowmane

Annael
Half-elven

Oct 1 2013, 2:54pm

Post #29 of 49 (269 views)
Shortcut
I'm Finrod/Aredhel [In reply to] Can't Post

Agree with most of what you say about her, except:
* not completing things I start - Oh yes, I do!
* not being able to profit from the benefits that come from specializing; not making a commitment to a career - had a 30-year career as an editor & writer that's been very profitable at times
* feeling confined when I'm in a one-to-one relationship - nope, I'm as monogamous as they come.

The way we imagine our lives is the way we are going to go on living our lives.

- James Hillman, Healing Fiction

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

(This post was edited by Annael on Oct 1 2013, 2:55pm)

Na Vedui
Rohan

Oct 1 2013, 3:31pm

Post #30 of 49 (258 views)
Shortcut
Another Turgon / Idril here [In reply to] Can't Post

Hurray - I get to have my favourite of Tolkien's Elvish emblems - Idril's blue and green cornflower motif.

See attached - tried to put it into the body of the post, but failed. Evidently neither Turgon nor Idril is computer-literate.

(This post was edited by Na Vedui on Oct 1 2013, 3:38pm)
Attachments: Idril emblem.jpg (5.60 KB)

AlassŽa Eruvande
Valinor

Oct 1 2013, 4:10pm

Post #31 of 49 (243 views)
Shortcut
Another Eol / Nerdanel. [In reply to] Can't Post

Spot on. Especially the parenting part:

* Are often kind, perceptive, and devoted
* Are sometimes authoritarian and demanding
* May expect more intellectual achievement than is developmentally appropriate
* May be intolerant of their children expressing strong emotions

What does the "analysis" mean?

YOUR ANALYSIS (Vertical line = Average)

ABC Distribution
You scored 3% on ABC, higher than 88% of your peers.
XYZ Distribution
You scored 3% on XYZ, higher than 84% of your peers.

I am SMAUG! I kill when I wish! I am strong, strong, STRONG!
My armor is like tenfold shields! My teeth like swords! My claws, spears!
The shock of my tail, a thunderbolt! My wings, a hurricane! And my breath, death!

RangerLady23
Lorien

Oct 1 2013, 4:33pm

Post #32 of 49 (240 views)
Shortcut
Awesome test [In reply to] Can't Post

It matched me almost perfectly. I am a Thingol/Morwen! I feel very loyal to family, friends and also towards my interests which is SO spot on! Thanks for this.

Brethil
Half-elven

Oct 1 2013, 4:46pm

Post #33 of 49 (238 views)
Shortcut
Now I see why I enjoy reading your posts so much Cats... [In reply to] Can't Post

Starling too.

Just don't either one of you try to give me any advice.

LaughCrazyLaugh

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply, and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in November. Happy writing!

Rembrethil
Tol Eressea

Oct 1 2013, 4:57pm

Post #34 of 49 (236 views)
Shortcut
Same here!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sometimes these tests are a bit unnerving in their accuracy.CrazyLaughTongue

cats16
Valinor

Oct 1 2013, 5:07pm

Post #35 of 49 (237 views)
Shortcut
*blushes*, *chuckles* [In reply to] Can't Post

Hehe.

Hey Brethil, did you hear about some trailer for an obscure fantasy film that came out today, perchance? I believe that Richard Armitage fellow has some sort of role. Know anything about this? Tongue

Meneldor
Tol Eressea

Oct 1 2013, 6:06pm

Post #36 of 49 (221 views)
Shortcut
Beren/Luthien [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope there won't be any reason to ever nickname me "Lefty." Shocked

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep.

Brethil
Half-elven

Oct 1 2013, 6:26pm

Post #37 of 49 (218 views)
Shortcut
Hmmm. Does ring a bell... // [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Hehe.

Hey Brethil, did you hear about some trailer for an obscure fantasy film that came out today, perchance? I believe that Richard Armitage fellow has some sort of role. Know anything about this? Tongue

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply, and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in November. Happy writing!

Maciliel
Tol Eressea

Oct 2 2013, 2:25pm

Post #38 of 49 (202 views)
Shortcut
if you like... [In reply to] Can't Post

[magpie]

In Reply To
Interestingly, I have compared myself to Miriel at times and Turin annoys the crap out of me partly because I get what he's on about - being as I tend to be on about stuff like that at times, too.

I often say I have to have a stern talking with myself about my traits and assess whether they're working for me or against me. Turin never has that talk with himself.

I think I'm missing a good conversation in the Reading Room. Fate vs Free Will was something I could not stop talking about when I was discussing the Sil back in the early Aughts.

[/magpie]

magpie, if you like, here is the link to the reading room chapter on the fall of gondolin, where this quiz was used to explore free will and fate, as well as in the context of thte chapter.

the fall of gondolin

.and you (and everyone) are certainly +most+ welcome to join the rest of us in the fellowship of the room. the spirit of the room is friendly, supportive, exploratory, and mischievous.

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."

this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel telpemairo

(This post was edited by Maciliel on Oct 2 2013, 2:28pm)

Ninrandir

Oct 2 2013, 3:04pm

Post #39 of 49 (193 views)
Shortcut
Beren/Luthien [In reply to] Can't Post

You are a Beren / Luthien -- "I must help others."

Berens / Luthiens are warm, concerned, nurturing, and sensitive to other people's needs.

Mmmyeah, I can see this. The explanation matches well with my INFJ type, at least.

Short and sweet, well made and interesting how only two questions were able to devise this many results.

Lurker, broken silence. Feels good to breathe.

(This post was edited by Ninrandir on Oct 2 2013, 3:05pm)

Maciliel
Tol Eressea

Oct 2 2013, 3:22pm

Post #40 of 49 (182 views)
Shortcut
there are nine, in total [In reply to] Can't Post

there are nine, in total. if you like, you can read all the different versions via a link on the results page.

/

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."

this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel telpemairo

bborchar
Rohan

Oct 2 2013, 5:15pm

Post #41 of 49 (180 views)
Shortcut
Finrod / Aredhel [In reply to] Can't Post

...although I've never read the book so I don't know who they are XD

Doctor: Oh, look. I'm angry. That's new. I'm really not sure what's going to happen now.
Madame Kovarian: The anger of a good man is not a problem. Good men have too many rules.
Doctor: Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many.

Maciliel
Tol Eressea

Oct 2 2013, 5:32pm

Post #42 of 49 (179 views)
Shortcut
well... [In reply to] Can't Post

...they're just like +you+.

when finrod and aredhel took the test, they got "bborchar."

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++

(This post was edited by Maciliel on Oct 2 2013, 5:33pm)

bborchar
Rohan

Oct 2 2013, 6:18pm

Post #43 of 49 (166 views)
Shortcut
Well... [In reply to] Can't Post

...who DOESN'T want to be like me? ;)

Doctor: Oh, look. I'm angry. That's new. I'm really not sure what's going to happen now.
Madame Kovarian: The anger of a good man is not a problem. Good men have too many rules.
Doctor: Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many.

Brethil
Half-elven

Oct 3 2013, 12:30am

Post #44 of 49 (157 views)
Shortcut
"One-handed" would make a very good Pirate name too Meneldor // [In reply to] Can't Post

Magpie
Immortal

Oct 3 2013, 2:52am

Post #45 of 49 (153 views)
Shortcut
thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

I've gotten the vibe that things are less intense then they might have been in the past. Mostly, I'm either way too busy to dig into detailed conversations or way too brain dead.

But if the moment presents itself, I will try to check it out.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Maciliel
Tol Eressea

Oct 3 2013, 2:57am

Post #46 of 49 (156 views)
Shortcut
excellent! [In reply to] Can't Post

i must confess, we are often quite silly. but it's all good. there are definitely lots of great, detailed posts but there's (paradoxically) a lot of lightheartedness as well.

looking forward to seeing your fine feathers flexing within.

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++

Brethil
Half-elven

Oct 3 2013, 3:32am

Post #47 of 49 (148 views)
Shortcut
I will second Telpemairo's invite! [In reply to] Can't Post

We would love to see you Magpie!

Meneldor
Tol Eressea

Oct 3 2013, 5:05am

Post #48 of 49 (152 views)
Shortcut
"And yer hook: [In reply to] Can't Post

yer hook were brand new an' ye weren't used to it an' ye poked yerself in th' eye an' ye 'ave t' wear an eyepatch an' yer other eye is crusted over wit' sea salt 'n' seagull poop, but th' wind's in yer 'air, boyo! Ye're out at sea 'n' livin' th' life of a pirate!" -The Sea Kings, Cap'n Bogg & Salty

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep.

Brethil
Half-elven

Oct 3 2013, 4:04pm

Post #49 of 49 (165 views)
Shortcut
Words to live by!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
yer hook were brand new an' ye weren't used to it an' ye poked yerself in th' eye an' ye 'ave t' wear an eyepatch an' yer other eye is crusted over wit' sea salt 'n' seagull poop, but th' wind's in yer 'air, boyo! Ye're out at sea 'n' livin' th' life of a pirate!" -The Sea Kings, Cap'n Bogg & Salty

(had to adjust my post nick! But reply stays the same!)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.