Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
Eowyn VS The Witch-King
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Barrow-Wight
Rohan

Sep 29 2013, 5:25pm

Post #1 of 49 (1581 views)
Shortcut
Eowyn VS The Witch-King Can't Post

So I've been thinking about this battle lately and I've heard a lot of opinions on it but the thing is I never understood those opinions. we got three interpretations of this battle: The book,The Cartoon,and Live Action Film. some people critisize Jackson for taking away Tolkien's dialogue for the scene and simplifying it whereas the cartoon kept the dialogue intact. I've heard it said that the Rankin/Bass cartoon had "awesome Eowyn/crappy witch-King" while PJ's movie had "crappy Eowyn/ awesome Witch-King"

as for me I don't really care if the scene follows the book or not as long as 3 points are made 1 that Eowyn reveals herself. 2 she kills the Witch-King. 3. Merry helps. on that note as long as the main story is in the film I.E Frodo taking the ring to Mt. Doom then Peter Jackson could make Eowyn and Witch-King battle with lightsabers while the rohirrim fight on the Pelennor riding Unicorns for all I care lol that's how much I care about movies being faithful to books. it doesn't have to be an exact copy of the book, print and film are two comepletly different things.

Other people have critisized the decision for Eowyn to reveal herself as a woman after the Witch-King had been weakened by Merry. this works in this day and age as a "Pre-Mortem One Liner" making the scene cooler and epic for audiences "I am no man" *stab* it works. But I never understood why some fans felt that she should have revealed herself before the battle began what purpose does it serve? to make the Witch-King seem arrogant? this is actually the point of my post here. so long story short Should Eowyn have revealed herself sonner as in the book and why?

Semper Fi
Rohan

Sep 29 2013, 8:24pm

Post #2 of 49 (895 views)
Shortcut
the line didn't work at all [In reply to] Can't Post

It was obviously envisioned to become the next "get away from her, you ****!" and failed epically. Nobody ever quotes it and few who remember it often cringe because it was too Buffy for Middle Earth.

IMO, the whole scene in the movie was a complete failure. So, first, I'm going to breakdown the problems with the scene itself, and then compare it to superlative Arwen chase from FOTR because they operate on the similar level.

What Went Wrong in the movie

In the book, Eowyn reveals herself to WK as soon as he assumes she is a male. This works on 2 levels:

a) it evokes Beauty and the Beast, which is one of the most powerful images in fiction, successfully re-played in iconic monster movies such as original King Kong, Creature from Black Lagoon, and Dracula also heavily borrowed the undertones. We have Eowyn's beautiful face pit against the hideous WK and his beast. The contrast is so powerful it inspires Merry to spring into action.

b) it shows Eowyn's chivalry. She masked herself to go into battle but she honorably shows her true face to the enemy. Since he revealed to her how he could be defeated, she shows him that she could fulfill it unless he backs off.

In the movie, Eowyn keeps her really unflattering helmet, that made her look about as hideous as WK, for way too long. There's no Beauty and the Beast contrast which robs the scene of its powerful archetype. The idea is to bring the element of surprise to WK once she takes off her helmet. But that doesn't work because the audience knows who the masked warrior is. The beauty of the book reveal is that nobody - readers, Merry and WK - knows Dernhelm's true identity and then we all find out at the same time. It's powerful because nobody could see it coming and because of the strong archetype mentioned above. In the movie, none is present.

So, the scene goes like this: Hideous Green Helmet tries to defend her fallen uncle from Hideous Black Helmet who wants to feed his Hideous Beast with king's skin and bones. HGH cries (as in battle cry), HBH growls some more (including a crash course on How I Can Be Defeated) and HB howls most. HGH decapitates HB prompting HBH to pull out a mace, smash ground around HGH and grab HGH by her throat and start choking her. With his iron glove. She should be dead in 30 seconds. But...

Cut to "In the meantime, other characters are busy too" which lasts for additional 20 minutes or so creating an impression that HBH was choking HGH with his iron gauntlet for, yes, 20 minutes, when we pick up where we left of.

Merry springs into action, stabs HBH, who has a few seconds to recover from the shock so time shouldn't be wasted. However, HGH gets possessed by the spirit of L'Oreal and decides to waste those precious seconds on:

Ceremonially taking off her helmet (while leaving herself defenseless in those moment when helmet passes over her eyes and one of her hands is busy with the helmet)

Shaking her hair (that obscures her vision while hair flies into her eyes)

Delivering a Cheesy Power Line that sounds like something out of a LOTR fanfic written by a 13 years old Buffy fangirl

Finally, she does what she should have done many moments ago - stabs the HBH who by some miracle didn't compose himself while all the L'Oreal and Buffy nonsense played before his eyes.

So moment when HGH becomes Eowyn again was too short for Beauty and the Beast archetype to kick in, L'Oreal was just Crazy and the line was laughably bad. In short, what could have been an iconic scene became a poster for all that's wrong with girl power scenes.

Arwen Chase vs WK Slaying - Why the Former Works Even Though Arwen Haters and Glorfindel Purists Won't Admit It

Arwen Chase: Beautiful Arwen takes Frodo on her white horse. She is chased by Black Riders on their black horses. The Beauty and the Beasts (s) contrast is haunting. The scene in beautifully shot with the iconic image of Black Riders half-circling the rider on a white horse. The scene is simple yet effective and helicopter shot give it an epic feel. It feels larger than life.

WK Slaying: HGH confronts HBH and his CGI HB. Green screen is felt, HB isn't very well incorporated into the scene (there are some issues with proportion) and camera is too close so the scene feels small and overstuffed.

Arwen Chase: Shot as one scene. No interrupted flow.

WK Slaying: Was intercut with "In the meantime, other characters were up to ________". Interrupted the flow by making the strangulation seem to go for ridiculously too long.

Arwen Chase: When Arwen hits the Ford, the only misstep here is Cheesy Power Line. But it didn't sink the scene because, unlike WK Slaying, it wasn't supposed to be the highlight. The deception of Nazgul, that she would fight one on Nine, only to drown them with the spell, worked fantastic especially from non-reader's POV. The twist with the spell wasn't obvious so it came as a genuine surprise. This is the climax of the scene and it produces shock and awe as it should. It closes with an emotional moment that gives another layer to the character with very short screen time.

WK Slaying: Since the Cheesy Power Line was intended to be the highlight, and it didn't work, the whole thing fell flat on its face and crumbled under the weight of bad calls mentioned in What Went Wrong section.

I'll underline once again this is MY opinion, not universally accepted fact.

"RadagaStoner deserves no mercy!" Tauriel the Radagast Slayer, the Chief of Inglorious Elfguards

Tauriel saved us from Itaril. Never forget.

(This post was edited by Semper Fi on Sep 29 2013, 8:28pm)

sycorax82
Rohan

Sep 30 2013, 12:30am

Post #3 of 49 (733 views)
Shortcut
Like much of ROTK, the focus was on 'coolness' [In reply to] Can't Post

This scene goes alongside such choice moments as Denethor running over the edge of the top level, on fire... and Legolas bringing down the mumakil. Much of ROTK was 'let's see how cool we can make it!' with disregard to all else...

Fredeghar Wayfarer
Lorien

Sep 30 2013, 5:50am

Post #4 of 49 (815 views)
Shortcut
"I am no man" [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think Eowyn's line is a total failure, nor do I agree that no one ever quotes it (heck, I've quoted it!). However, I think it was reduced down to its essence a bit too much and came across as a cheesy one-liner. The full speech from the book was never going to work on film but I wish at least part it had been retained so as not to sound so pithy and catchphrase-y. I definitely missed some of that flowery language from the book -- "Begone if you be not deathless, for living or dark undead, I will smite you if you touch him!"

As for whether she should have revealed herself sooner, I don't think it's necessary in the movie. Yes, you lose some of that Beauty and the Beast imagery that Semper Fi mentions. But in the film, we already knew that was Eowyn under the helmet. They didn't attempt the Dernhelm deception (heh, that sounds like a Tom Clancy thriller) because, unlike in books or comics, covering half of someone's face doesn't actually make them unrecognizable. We already knew this was a battle between a warrior maiden and an undead monster so the Beauty and the Beast theme is present, even if the visual isn't.

The real flaw of the scene, in my opinion, is the way it's shot. Immediately after the Witch-king's death, the camera cuts to Legolas bringing down a mumak. While not as strategic a victory as Eowyn's, it's way more flashy and the audience cheered when I saw it in theaters. Meanwhile, I'm sitting there thinking, "Oh, come on! Eowyn just defeated the second-in-command of Sauron's army! And you're clapping for an elephant?!"

demnation
Rohan

Sep 30 2013, 10:07am

Post #5 of 49 (702 views)
Shortcut
I admit to not being a fan of this scene [In reply to] Can't Post

Of course, I understand that the book version of this scene just wouldn't work on screen. (Even if, IMO, it is some of Tolkien's best writing.) I mean, just look at the animated version. I just don't like how PJ's version dumbs down Eowyn's character by giving her a cheesy line.

"In the beginning the Universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Semper Fi
Rohan

Sep 30 2013, 12:45pm

Post #6 of 49 (680 views)
Shortcut
But neither turned cool [In reply to] Can't Post

Which is a problem. If you go for coolness than you have to succeed in it otherwise you are left with nothing. Yet neither Human Torch nor Buffy hit the homerun. I actually feel sorry for the actress. That was supposed to be her big star-making moment and it slipped through her fingers, crashed on the floor and broke into 1000 pieces. I remember how hyped that scene was before anyone actually saw the movie, like, the most anticipated scene of the movie. And when the movie came out, there was a collective shrug at best and everyone went on gushing about Lighting of Beacons and Sam carrying Frodo and Legolas on Mumakil and "My friends, you bow to no one".

"RadagaStoner deserves no mercy!" Tauriel the Radagast Slayer, the Chief of Inglorious Elfguards

(This post was edited by Semper Fi on Sep 30 2013, 12:50pm)

Semper Fi
Rohan

Sep 30 2013, 12:49pm

Post #7 of 49 (761 views)
Shortcut
Legolas totally 100% stole the show [In reply to] Can't Post

Good call on that one. I don't think the scene would be memorable without competition from Legolas but he totally buried Eowyn's moment. Totally. That Mumakil surfing scene is still referenced and debated and I'd say is one of most recognizable ROTK moments, unlike Witch King Slaying.

Semper Fi
Rohan

Sep 30 2013, 12:51pm

Post #8 of 49 (688 views)
Shortcut
many cheesy lines get saved by delivery [In reply to] Can't Post

But delivery here sucked as much as the line itself. Sigourney Weaver she wasn't.

(This post was edited by Semper Fi on Sep 30 2013, 12:52pm)

arithmancer
Grey Havens

Sep 30 2013, 1:09pm

Post #9 of 49 (758 views)
Shortcut
Not exactly... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
It was obviously envisioned to become the next "get away from her, you ****!" and failed epically. Nobody ever quotes it and few who remember it often cringe because it was too Buffy for Middle Earth.

In every showing of this film I attended in theatres, this line got a cheer from the audience. So my own experience is that the above statement is simply false.

In Reply To
What Went Wrong in the movie

In the book, Eowyn reveals herself to WK as soon as he assumes she is a male. This works on 2 levels:

a) it evokes Beauty and the Beast, which is one of the most powerful images in fiction, successfully re-played in iconic monster movies such as original King Kong, Creature from Black Lagoon, and Dracula also heavily borrowed the undertones. We have Eowyn's beautiful face pit against the hideous WK and his beast. The contrast is so powerful it inspires Merry to spring into action.

In the book, we have no idea who Dernhelm is unless we have made a shrewd guess. In the movie, there is no Dernhelm. There is Eowyn, who rides to Gondor with the others against Theoden's order, and takes Merry along. We see her fight in the various phases of the battle, taking on for example an Oliphaunt with the help of Merry (when he holds the reins, e. g So we do indeed see her face the WK.

In Reply To
b) it shows Eowyn's chivalry. She masked herself to go into battle but she honorably shows her true face to the enemy. Since he revealed to her how he could be defeated, she shows him that she could fulfill it unless he backs off.

She is not aware of the prophecy, and in the common thinking of her age her gender is not an advantage in a fight (or, she would be riding openly... Wink. The helmet is a standard piece of armor; her adversary (and everyone in the army she rides in) is wearing one. She does warn her enemy of her intent to kill him if he persists in attacking her king. Which, actually, reveals her gender and/or her extreme youth to her enemy. (I wonder, is a boy whose voice has not yet broken, "no man"?)

When the WK states no living man can kill him (the first moment at which it may reasonably occur to Eowyn that her gender could be relevant to her opponent), she does reveal it.

In Reply To
In the movie, Eowyn keeps her really unflattering
helmet, that made her look about as hideous as WK, for way too long.

Personally, I did not find her helmet hideous. I would not wear it to a party (unless it was a themed costume party!) but it is a perfectly serviceable Rohirrim helmet, nothing like his. And to me, the "Beauty and the Beast" things was going. It was she in the fight, one's senses revealed this fact in a number of ways. Her slight. short figure, the movement of her body, her voice, my/the audience's knowledge of her identity, and having already seen her fight in this battle, in these clothes, made it so.

In Reply To
The beauty of the book reveal is that nobody - readers, Merry and WK - knows Dernhelm's true identity and then we all find out at the same time. It's powerful because nobody could see it coming and because of the strong archetype mentioned above. In the movie, none is present.

To be clear, I am not arguing that it is just as in the book. Quite right that the element of surprise as to her identity is not there for the audience. But for a non-viewer, there would be an element of surprise that she is killing the WK.(About whom even Gandalf expresses reservations). And the archetype is there.

I also find that the book version sort of stretches credulity. That this is a surprise to Merry is a bit much. He spends days in her company.

In Reply To
HGH cries (as in battle cry), HBH growls some more (including a crash course on How I Can Be Defeated)

Your recollection of the scene is inaccurate. At this point HBH says only "Do not come between the Nazgul and his prey!", in answer to her "I will kill you if you touch him!"

In Reply To
Ceremonially taking off her helmet (while leaving herself defenseless in those moment when helmet passes over her eyes and one of her hands is busy with the helmet)

Before, you found this same action chivalrous...

I would also just add, that you reference a Beauty and the Beast archetype, but I think the scene with Eowyn (in both book and film) also captures another, that of David vs. Goliath.

Anyway, it always was, and remains, a favorite scene of mine in the film.

FaramirAndEowynMorningStar
Rohan

Sep 30 2013, 1:33pm

Post #10 of 49 (724 views)
Shortcut
*claps* Well said!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I was actually going to post something a bit like this, but I suppose you beat me to it! Smile

This scene and the Flight to the Ford with Arwen are two of my top favourite female scenes.
I do not think they were cheesy lines - they are just from two women who are trying to be brave and protect those they love. Even as a child, I remembered these scenes very well because what they said was short and simple, but very well delivered - and we did not need any long speeches like the "No man am I" from the book.

I know there are some who think these two scenes are rubbish, and I respect that, but these were (and always will remain) two classic scenes from the film. Wink

....."Loyalty, Honor,
......A Willing Heart.
I can ask no more than that."

...... ~ Thorin Oakenshield

Semper Fi
Rohan

Sep 30 2013, 4:57pm

Post #11 of 49 (722 views)
Shortcut
And 10 years later nobody remembers it [In reply to] Can't Post

I've never seen a single list that put it on Best Movie Lines of the Aughts or that anyone who isn't a rabid LOTR fan ever quote it. So it didn't stand the test of time and neither did the scene itself. And, for the matter, Eowyn is nowhere to be seen on various Kick Ass Heroine's in Movies lists either. It's true. They didn't make a mark beyond very narrow group of people who mostly liked the scene/character from the book.

(This post was edited by Semper Fi on Sep 30 2013, 5:00pm)

arithmancer
Grey Havens

Sep 30 2013, 7:08pm

Post #12 of 49 (678 views)
Shortcut
Kick-a** heroines [In reply to] Can't Post

I would expect neither Eowyn nor Arwen on lists of "Kick-A** Heroines". This is not something I seek out or know where to look for so if you are thinking of some, to you, definitive list, please share. However, a Google search of "best kick-ass heroines film" (omitting film got me book heroines...) found these two lists as the top two relevant results (Wikipedia entry for some movie with the term KA in the name was #1):

http://entertainment.msn.co.nz/slideshowajax/209294/most-kick-ass-movie-heroines-of-all-time.slideshow

and

http://aliljoy.com/kick-ass-movie-heroines/.

And on those lists, the heroines listed are all:

1) Title characters (eg Lisbeth Salander in "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" and sequels).
2) Central characters (eg Ripley in the Aliens franchise)
3) Or in the very least, main characters (e. g. Hermione Granger of Harry Potter or Sarah Connor of Terminator and their ilk, characters in the top few of their franchises/films in terms of screen time and importance).

Eowyn and Arwen are both lesser characters (in their time on screen and importance to the films, compared to those that rate as "heroines" of films). Which is why neither of them makes such lists.

PJ's Middle Earth movies don't have heroines (so far, anyway!). They have some supporting characters who are female. (Which makes them like the books they are based on in this regard...I don't see Tolkien in the top 100 of the corresponding book list ion Goodreads either!)

Semper Fi
Rohan

Sep 30 2013, 10:12pm

Post #13 of 49 (655 views)
Shortcut
Hey, Boba Fett was a silent glorified cameo in ESB [In reply to] Can't Post

and become instantly iconic. If done right, even the smallest character will achieve big glory. Eowyn wasn't done right. That scene was supposed to be iconic. They messed it upt completely. I've seen better DevianArt based on the book than how the scene turned out in the movie. It was a missed opportunity so there's no going back. But they gave us something more precious - Legolas the Elephant Surfer - so that balanced everything out and was much cooler than any action scene in ROTK. No wonder Billy Chrystal inserted himself in it in one of his Oscar skits.

arithmancer
Grey Havens

Oct 1 2013, 12:54pm

Post #14 of 49 (648 views)
Shortcut
Boba Fett... [In reply to] Can't Post

is not featured in any list of best movie villains. There is an "iconic" best movie villain in his franchise that I would bet does, though...

I'm not really understanding anymore what this discussion is about, though. I feel Eowyn's scene in RotK was effective, and I don't feel the measure of it is whether she is more or less popular than Boba Fett among the denizens of the Internet. I suspect said denizens may not like girl power however done - I note Boba blows away Padme in a Googlefight.. though on the other hand, Ahsoka trumps Boba, which suggests the extended universe may be influencing things here rather than the movie presentation alone. Boba is certainly an interesting, appeaking character in the Clone Wars TV series, with strong episodes centered around his adventures (and for all I know, books, I don't read SW books).

As regards their overall movie (only) presentation across all scenes in which they appear in the films of their franchises, I much prefer hers. Which is not entirely fair to Boba - I think she gets more time, and certainly more development of relationships, since she has meaningful interactions with Aragorn, Merry, Theoden, Grima, and Eomer (am I forgetting anyone?).

And to me personally - while I was only discussing the one scene in itself, to me it is even more effective as part of the whole. I don't care exactly what words she says or exactly how she delivers them - the idea that she is discounted because she is female is developed before the scene and adds meaning to it. I especially like the longish scene (probably EE, with apologies, as I have not seen the TE in about 10 years) in which she encourages Merry to sharpen his sword, and has a discussion with Eomer about whether she is right to so encourage him. (War is the province of Men, Eowyn..., that conversation).

Ziggy Stardust
Gondor

Oct 2 2013, 12:50am

Post #15 of 49 (581 views)
Shortcut
Honestly, I don't understand what the fuss is about either [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought she was great in the novel. While the scene in the film could have been handled better, at least they had it. I don't understand why some think have she shouldn't have revealed herself. I thought that was the best part, when she revealed to the Witch-King (in both the novel and the film). Her and Merry both defeated the Witch-King, and while Merry did have a blade of Westernesse, I don't get why some are downplaying Eowyn's role.

Maciliel
Tol Eressea

Oct 2 2013, 3:16am

Post #16 of 49 (571 views)
Shortcut
adding one [In reply to] Can't Post

... gimli. it's short, but it's extremely meaningful, and full of pain for both of them. the scene in which he (gimli) reports to eowyn that aragorn fell, and was not coming back.

/

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."

this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel telpemairo

Semper Fi
Rohan

Oct 2 2013, 3:35pm

Post #17 of 49 (556 views)
Shortcut
I thought that her overacting was ridiculous [In reply to] Can't Post

She knew Aragorn for,like, 2 hours, 2 days and yet went into mouth breathing gasping for breath KStew mode as if he was her brother/husband/father/any close relation. I'm not a fan of actors who are obviously in their 30s but acting like they are on a teen soap opera. That doesn't make them younger but emphasizes that they are older than characters they are playing.

Faleel
Rohan

Oct 2 2013, 6:35pm

Post #18 of 49 (533 views)
Shortcut
There [In reply to] Can't Post

Atleast she didn't just say "I hate sand"

Barrow-Wight
Rohan

Oct 3 2013, 2:30am

Post #19 of 49 (523 views)
Shortcut
ha! [In reply to] Can't Post

nice AOTC reference lol Eowyn only did say a slight variation of the line in the book

BOOK: But no living man am I!
FILM: I am no man

so really they just de-yoda-ized it if that's even a word lol

Werde Spinner
Rohan

Oct 3 2013, 3:24am

Post #20 of 49 (499 views)
Shortcut
That's always a comfort! [In reply to] Can't Post

Atleast she didn't just say "I hate sand"

Wink

"I had forgotten that. It is hard to be sure of anything among so many marvels. The world is all grown strange. Elf and Dwarf in company walk in our daily fields; and folk speak with the Lady of the Wood and yet live; and the Sword comes back to war that was broken in the long ages ere the fathers of our fathers rode into the Mark! How shall a man judge what to do in such times?"

"As he ever has judged. Good and ill have not changed since yesteryear; nor are they one thing among Elves and Dwarves and another among Men. It is a man's part to discern them, as much in the Golden Wood as in his own house."

Semper Fi
Rohan

Oct 3 2013, 12:28pm

Post #21 of 49 (495 views)
Shortcut
I'd say "sand" and "man" were about equally bad [In reply to] Can't Post

both in wriitng and acting.

Elessar
Valinor

Oct 3 2013, 1:05pm

Post #22 of 49 (498 views)
Shortcut
The Line [In reply to] Can't Post

I personally like the way it was done in the movie as much as I like how it was done in the book. Its changed a bit obviously but gives me the same feeling as the book. I personally don't get the hate with that sequence myself but to each their own.

MatthewJer18
Rohan

Oct 3 2013, 3:11pm

Post #23 of 49 (493 views)
Shortcut
Really? Just shows how people can have dramatically different interpretations... [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought she gave a terrifically nuanced performance. "Mouth breathing gasping for breath KStew mode"? That's way off the mark (not to mention just a tad disrespectful) and a bit unfair to the superior acting skills of Miranda Otto, imo.

Semper Fi
Rohan

Oct 3 2013, 3:21pm

Post #24 of 49 (496 views)
Shortcut
As you said people have dramatically different interpretations [In reply to] Can't Post

Mine is hardly more disrespectful to her than saying the same about KStew, who was at least a real teenager in the first Twilight, unlike Otto who was in her 30s yet acted like she's a Twilight teen. Maybe not a bad performence per se but miscast for sure? The character should have been played by someone younger. And definitely not so plain.

(This post was edited by Semper Fi on Oct 3 2013, 3:25pm)

Elessar
Valinor

Oct 3 2013, 5:18pm

Post #25 of 49 (494 views)
Shortcut
Miranda Otto [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought she was perfect myself. She was yet another in a line of great casting choices for this trilogy.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.