Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Your favorite moment from the new trailer right now.
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Arthael
Lorien

Oct 1 2013, 10:31pm

Post #51 of 67 (387 views)
Shortcut
The Orc army leaving Dol Guldur [In reply to] Can't Post

That gave me chills. A throwback to the grandiosity of LOTR!!!

"There are no safe paths in this part of the world. Remember you are over the Edge of the Wild, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go."

DuBekar
Rivendell

Oct 1 2013, 10:34pm

Post #52 of 67 (393 views)
Shortcut
Oscar nomination [In reply to] Can't Post

I think the scene with Bilbo and Smaug could give Martin Freeman a Oscar for best performance, that acting is beautiful!

" Why, O people of Noldor! Fëanor cried. Why should we longer serve the jealous Valar, who cannot keep us nor even their own realm secure from their enemy? And though he be now their foe, are not they and he of one kin? Vengence calls me hence, but even were it otherwise I would not dwell longer in the same land with the kin of my father's slayer and of the thief of treasure. Yet i am not the only valiant in this valiant people. And have ye not all lost your King? And what else have ye not lost, cooped here in a narrow land between the mountains and the sea? Here once was light, that the Valar begrudged to middle-earth, but now dark levels all. Shall we mourn here deedless forever, a shadow-folk, mist-haunting, dropping vain tears in the thankless sea? Or shall we return to our home? In cuiviènen sweet ran the waters under uncloaded stars, and wide lands lay about, where a free people might walk. There they lie still and await us who in out folly forsook them. Come away! Let the cowards keep this city!"

(This post was edited by DuBekar on Oct 1 2013, 10:34pm)

Old Toby
Grey Havens

Oct 1 2013, 10:36pm

Post #53 of 67 (388 views)
Shortcut
First, Smaug's voice! [In reply to] Can't Post

Second, Thorin's declaration, 'I have the only right' (yeah, you go Thorin Oakenshield!)
Third, Bilbo telling Gandalf he found his courage, and Gandalf's response about him needing it!
Fourth, what little glimpse we get of Beorn!

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

Semper Fi
Rohan

Oct 1 2013, 11:15pm

Post #54 of 67 (376 views)
Shortcut
Started to ship Thranduriel intensly [In reply to] Can't Post

So Thanduil's voice talking to Tauriel and the look on her face is my fave now. I'm reading it as if she shouldn't encourage Legolas cause her heart belongs to Thranaduil (and his to her).Heart

"RadagaStoner deserves no mercy!" Tauriel the Radagast Slayer, the Chief of Inglorious Elfguards

Tauriel saved us from Itaril. Never forget.

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Oct 2 2013, 12:08am

Post #55 of 67 (371 views)
Shortcut
The commentary of Gandalf (potent and epic), Smaug's voice and demeanor [In reply to] Can't Post

Thorin's disparaging remark and Balin's reply.

Thorin's "I have the only right!" (Excellent!).

Thranduil in his majestic element.

Bard's accusation.

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

cats16
Half-elven

Oct 2 2013, 12:43am

Post #56 of 67 (322 views)
Shortcut
Spot on. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Joe20
Lorien

Oct 2 2013, 12:47am

Post #57 of 67 (328 views)
Shortcut
So much awesome [In reply to] Can't Post

Absolutely love Thorin in his King Under The Mountain gear at the front of the boat as the company sail to erebor.

And all of the Dol Guldor with Gandy and Orcs on the march stuff.

+ everything else Tongue

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Oct 2 2013, 12:51am

Post #58 of 67 (319 views)
Shortcut
Yay! lol [In reply to] Can't Post

SmileI am kinda hoping for something magical at the end of Gandalf making that swing. Maybe he collapses the opening to the tunnl behind him? Or is someting flying at him? We shall see. Wonder how long Legolas keeps Orcrist. lol

In Reply To

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

cats16
Half-elven

Oct 2 2013, 12:53am

Post #59 of 67 (312 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. [In reply to] Can't Post

Something to shut the tunnel.

Everything is looking so good right now.

Werde Spinner
Rohan

Oct 2 2013, 1:14am

Post #60 of 67 (310 views)
Shortcut
Whew! I could never have picked just one! [In reply to] Can't Post

(1) Smaug's voice. Auuuugh, Smaug's voice. Wanted to scream when I heard it, it was so perfect. The echoing, rattling, hissing... That, my lad, is how a dragon speaks.

(2) Anything with Thorin. Tongue I'm biased with the rest of y'all. "I have the only right," sums him up perfectly. (Bard bids fair to have a strong personality - you go, Bard!) Am both apprehensive (or just plain terrified) and excited (since I know the acting will be top-notch) at seeing hints of Thorin's dragon sickness. We are going to have our hearts *broken*.

(3) The face Bilbo makes when he picks up the Ring. Martin Freeman officially wins the award for facial expressions. He doesn't have to say anything to convey Bilbo perfectly.

(4) Should have mentioned this sooner, but Gandalf's epic ninja staff twirl was GREAT. Shocked Laugh Can't wait to see more!

*dances impatiently* Can't December come quicker?

"I had forgotten that. It is hard to be sure of anything among so many marvels. The world is all grown strange. Elf and Dwarf in company walk in our daily fields; and folk speak with the Lady of the Wood and yet live; and the Sword comes back to war that was broken in the long ages ere the fathers of our fathers rode into the Mark! How shall a man judge what to do in such times?"

"As he ever has judged. Good and ill have not changed since yesteryear; nor are they one thing among Elves and Dwarves and another among Men. It is a man's part to discern them, as much in the Golden Wood as in his own house."

Esmeralda
Bree

Oct 2 2013, 1:52am

Post #61 of 67 (310 views)
Shortcut
This could be a long list... [In reply to] Can't Post

The emotion in Bilbo's voice when speaking to Smaug.

Thorin's regal new duds.

"I have the only right."

Bilbo's horror at having nearly lost the ring (my interpretation, anyway).

The 'courage' exchange with Gandalf. Hilarious! And haunting. Incredible acting.

Kili's Orc-kicking at 1:36. Maybe that's where he gets his cut?

Bard's wrathful challenge of Thorin's quest.

Girion(?) shooting the ballista.

Thorin launching himself in the air ("I believe I can fly")

Thorin threatening Bilbo with a sword. Darkness. Danger. Dragon-sickness.

CumberSmaug's "Don't be shy".

Most of it, really. So much more to this one than the first Sly

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Oct 2 2013, 2:25am

Post #62 of 67 (289 views)
Shortcut
I am still VERY much hoping that there is something of a lone Gandalf facing down The Nazgul [In reply to] Can't Post

as was in the Fellowship text. It was one of the truly great, epic, unexplored moments, and the filmmakers could have done so much with it, but the altered timeline didn't allow it. This is really the last place to insert in in this sextet of movies, and I hope they won't pass up the chance.

In Reply To
Something to shut the tunnel.

Everything is looking so good right now.

Hanzkaz
Rohan

Oct 2 2013, 6:36am

Post #63 of 67 (249 views)
Shortcut
I did wonder if the Ring - [In reply to] Can't Post

when paying more attention to Bilbo's expression, it seems more likely that he is horrified by something the ring did.

- had 'accidentally' slipped off Bilbo's finger while in Smaug's lair. It is always seeking to find a way to return to it's Master, after all.

Not to mention it would explain why Bilbo is apparently quite visible amongst Smaug's treasure.

From the makers of 'The Lord of the Rings' comes the sequel to Peter Jackson's Hobbit Trilogy -
'The War in the North, Part I : The Sword in the Tomb'.

(This post was edited by Hanzkaz on Oct 2 2013, 6:37am)

Elizabeth
Half-elven

Oct 2 2013, 8:17am

Post #64 of 67 (232 views)
Shortcut
My favorites, too! [In reply to] Can't Post

Particularly the Bilbo moments at the beginning and with the Ring. Freeman is doing an absolutely amazing job. He IS Bilbo!

Kim
Valinor

Oct 3 2013, 5:51am

Post #65 of 67 (172 views)
Shortcut
Thorin [In reply to] Can't Post

"We are the dwarves of Erebor. We have come to reclaim our homeland"
"I have the only right"

Kim
Valinor

Oct 3 2013, 6:07am

Post #66 of 67 (167 views)
Shortcut
100% agreed! [In reply to] Can't Post

I could not agree with this more! Laugh

In Reply To
OK I'm biased but ANYTHING Thorin! Thorin blew Bard off the screen like pffff! This trailer is the best one from Hobbit production because there's so much Thorin.

Kim
Valinor

Oct 3 2013, 6:15am

Post #67 of 67 (174 views)
Shortcut
OK, add these 2 to my list: [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Bilbo..visibly and audibly trembling as he talks to Smaug

Shot of Thorin looking very fetching in a nice smart costume

Martin does an excellent job conveying Bilbo's fear

Thorin looks every inch the King Under the Mountain

Evil

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.