Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
Join TheOneRing.net to party in Manhattan!

News from Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Sep 12 2013, 2:12pm

Post #1 of 9 (326 views)
Shortcut
Join TheOneRing.net to party in Manhattan! Can't Post

October 10th to 13th TheOneRing.net will be in the Big Apple, for New York ComicCon. We'll be at Booth 3008, so we hope you'll come by to say hello, chat with us and maybe buy a shirt or try to win something! We'll also be giving a panel on Sunday at 12noon - 'An Unofficial Sneak Peak at The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug'. The panel is currently scheduled to be in room 1A14, but that may change, so check back nearer the time.

Of course. we can't come to the city that never sleeps and NOT throw a party! So on Thursday 10th October we will be holding our annual 'Ringers Take Manhattan' event! This year, we'll be at a different venue - the charming Oak Cellar at Jake's Dilemma, 430 Amsterdam Avenue (just down the road from where we were last year). As ever, we'll have a generous finger food buffet, and your ticket will also include your first drink and two tickets into our raffle for the evening.

You can buy tickets for this party here. Tickets can also be bought on the door that night, but will be $5 more expensive then - so it pays to buy in advance! We really hope you'll join us - we look forward to seeing many of our fellow fans in NYC in October!

[Buy tickets to Ringers take Manhattan]

(This post was edited by entmaiden on Sep 13 2013, 1:47am)

MistyMountain
Lorien

Sep 13 2013, 9:24pm

Post #2 of 9 (221 views)
Shortcut
time for party? [In reply to] Can't Post

I might be interested in attending but what time does it start? And do people show up in costumes?

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 15 2013, 12:03pm

Post #3 of 9 (211 views)
Shortcut
Some people will be in costume, but most will not. [In reply to] Can't Post

It's up to you whether to come in costume! Party is held from 8-10 pm. Hope you can attend!

TolkienesqueWhovian

Sep 16 2013, 3:56pm

Post #4 of 9 (279 views)
Shortcut
"Ticket Includes First Drink"?? [In reply to] Can't Post

It says that your ticket incudes your first drink.

Does that mean there is an age minimum?
Like 21 and over? Or can someone younger come?

Ann Kalagon
The Shire

Sep 26 2013, 1:29am

Post #5 of 9 (258 views)
Shortcut
TORN throws great parties [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey all! Well, I made it to the last two parties in Manhattan and they were great.

This year I have a new job, and am working those hours.

Can anyone tell us what else is planned for the New York Comic Con?
I hope to get by and visit the booth, if there is one? Let us know! thanksHeart

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Oct 2 2013, 4:23pm

Post #6 of 9 (167 views)
Shortcut
Exciting giveaways at TORn's party in New York - 10th October [In reply to] Can't Post

Lots of folks have already bought their tickets to join TheOneRing.net and fellow Ringers at our annual party in Manhattan! We're hard at work planning a special event, and can't wait to see everyone there. Everyone attending will receive a goody bag, and in addition to this, as ever, we will have some amazing prizes to be won; and we just got news of a very exciting giveaway to include in that raffle. We will be giving away TWO TICKETS to see Sir Ian McKellen and Sir Patrick Stewart on Broadway! The lucky winner (and companion of their choice!) will be able to pick a date to go along and see Gandalf and Picard, (or Magneto and Professor X), live on stage!

There will be more amazing giveaways at the party - stay tuned for further details. Your ticket to the party - at The Oak Cellar, Manhattan, on Thursday 10th October - includes two entries into the raffle, as well as your goody bag, your first drink, plentiful finger food throughout the evening, and of course a great time with fellow fans! Numbers are strictly limited in our private room this year, so buy your ticket now! We look forward to seeing you in New York in a couple of weeks.

[Click here for all details, and to buy tickets to Ringers Take Manhattan]

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Oct 2 2013, 4:24pm

Post #7 of 9 (194 views)
Shortcut
More news on our party in Manhattan - October 10th [In reply to] Can't Post

That's right, Ringers will take over Manhattan NEXT WEEK! The work continues here at TORn headquarters (ie, in our own homes scattered across the globe...) to plan a wonderful event as part of our exciting New York ComicCon weekend. Last week we told you that, at the party, we'll be giving away two tickets to see Sir Patrick Stewart and Sir Ian McKellen on Broadway! Now we can confirm that we will also have some exciting goodies from WETA to give away at the event! We're keeping this party small - tickets are strictly limited - so attendees have a good chance of winning something awesome!

Your ticket includes your first drink, a finger food buffet, two entries into the raffle, and a fab goody bag. And of course, excellent company in a private room in Manhattan - party like dwarves! (No green food allowed!)

Oh, and we've also invited all the Hobbit actors - Sir Ian, Orlando, Stephen Fry - who happen to be in The Big Apple at the moment. Not saying any of them will be there - but they're invited, so you never know....

Grab your tickets now, before we reach our limit on numbers! Hope to see you there!

[Buy tickets to Ringers take Manhattan]

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

(This post was edited by entmaiden on Oct 2 2013, 6:02pm)

elentari3018
Lorien

Oct 3 2013, 3:16am

Post #8 of 9 (360 views)
Shortcut
I'll be there! [In reply to] Can't Post

I will wear my Frodo Lives shirt. :D I think i will pay at the door though ...i went to the one two? years ago, i think. Is there a pic from then so i can verify?

Hope to see you and meet you! =)

"By Elbereth and Luthien the fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me!" ~Frodo

"And then Gandalf arose and bid all men rise, and they rose, and he said: 'Here is a last hail ere the feast endeth. Last but not least. For I name now those who shall not be forgotten and without whose valour nought else that was done would have availed; and I name before you all Frodo of the Shire and Samwise his servant. And the bards and the minstrels should give them new names: Bronwe athan Harthad and Harthad Uluithiad , Endurance beyond Hope and Hope Unquenchable.." ~Gandalf, The End of the Third Age , from The History of Middle Earth series

Ann Kalagon
The Shire

Oct 16 2013, 2:11am

Post #9 of 9 (152 views)
Shortcut
where's the party picture that was taken? [In reply to] Can't Post

Please, my Friends, don't tell me it was only put up on facebook or some such venue (I avoid facebook like the plague, preferring torn and other such sites as preferred social media :) ).

The group shot that was taken of us at the party -- will it be posted here?

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.