Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Keeping secrets

Danielos
Rohan

Oct 2 2013, 5:52am

Post #1 of 5 (457 views)
Shortcut
Keeping secrets Can't Post

The trailers for An Unexpected Journey kept Azog and The Necromancer as hidden secrets.

The trailers for The Desolation of Smaug kept Bolg, The Necromancer and Beorn in human form secretive.

Iīm glad they donīt spoil everything and I hope that we will have a few surprises left in December. I think I will avoid those TV spots this year. I think two trailers are well enough. Too much of AUJ was exposed before release because WB had no self-discipline.

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Oct 2 2013, 6:22am

Post #2 of 5 (229 views)
Shortcut
A lot of An Unexpected was held back. Nothing of Gandalf's explosive magic [In reply to] Can't Post

was shown (hope that is also why we see none of his power on display here), and I don't think the trailers showed us Radagast in Dol Guldur, nor, as you say, anything of Azog, the Necromancer or any dialouge from the Great Goblin, nor did we see Saruman etc. Much of the exposure came from selected scenes that were shared very late in the pre-release calender, or from final tv ads that aired mere weeks before the film, and even those did not show things like Gandalf rescuing the dwarves in Goblin town or anything of Azog.

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 2 2013, 7:16am

Post #3 of 5 (185 views)
Shortcut
It's all relative, isn't it? [In reply to] Can't Post

Which spoilers were revealed in the AUJ trailers? Aren't Smaug, his voice, the Eye of Sauron, and all the other little tidbits spoilers? I'm not sure it has anything to do with Warner Bros. self-discipline, rather than onself's seld-discipline.

patrickk
Rohan

Oct 2 2013, 9:38am

Post #4 of 5 (140 views)
Shortcut
They've also kept the mayor of Laketown out [In reply to] Can't Post

...which is good as Stepen Fry, like Barry Humphries have a certain comic relief role in these movies.

Escapist
Gondor

Oct 2 2013, 11:02pm

Post #5 of 5 (39 views)
Shortcut
Agreed [In reply to] Can't Post

I knew my limit for AUJ and stuck to it - plan to do the same ...

... making up for many missed days of posts, though, today ...

but don't worry - I will dive back into shadows again after my spree Tongue

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.