Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Is that Thorin or Bard?

Wordofmask
Lorien

Oct 2 2013, 6:00am

Post #1 of 21 (804 views)
Shortcut
Is that Thorin or Bard? Can't Post

at 1:42

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbOEknbi4gQ&feature=player_embedded#t=0

His clothes reminds me of Thorin but his hair reminds me of Bard.

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Oct 2 2013, 6:16am

Post #2 of 21 (460 views)
Shortcut
Its Torin. Without question. Spolierish [In reply to] Can't Post

Probably many here can attest to it (i.e. those of us who have watched it a dozen times and gone through the screenshot provided by some of the good folk here lol). It is probably during the scene reported of the Dwarves supposedly being confronted by Smaug.

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 2 2013, 7:18am

Post #3 of 21 (375 views)
Shortcut
It looks more like Thorin's stunt double ;-) [In reply to] Can't Post

But yes, it is definitely him. The hair, the beard and the clothes are all visible.

Endor Dweller
Bree

Oct 2 2013, 8:07am

Post #4 of 21 (339 views)
Shortcut
Definitely Thorin, [In reply to] Can't Post

Here:
http://moviesblog.mtv.com/...10/dwarf-vs-fire.jpg

- Good morning.
- What do you mean? Do you mean to wish me a good morning, or do you mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not? Or perhaps you mean to say that you feel good on this particular morning...or are you simply stating that this is a morning to be good on?

- Good evening.
- Yes, yes it is. Though I think it might rain later.

Peterthorn of Rohan
Rivendell

Oct 2 2013, 10:31am

Post #5 of 21 (277 views)
Shortcut
Thorin [In reply to] Can't Post

Wordofmask
Lorien

Oct 2 2013, 11:07am

Post #6 of 21 (264 views)
Shortcut
Thx ppl [In reply to] Can't Post

Frown My eyes have a problem.

Voronwë_the_Faithful
Valinor

Oct 2 2013, 1:07pm

Post #7 of 21 (253 views)
Shortcut
Torin? [In reply to] Can't Post

Is that an amalgamation of Thorin and Turin? Because that does seem to be pretty close to the who this character is.

'But very bright were the stars upon the margin of the world, when at times the clouds about the West were drawn aside.'

The Hall of Fire

Oleander Took
Rivendell

Oct 2 2013, 3:02pm

Post #8 of 21 (192 views)
Shortcut
Thorin [In reply to] Can't Post

we saw that being filmed in the last Vlog

"There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something."

Misty Mountain Hop
Rivendell

Oct 2 2013, 4:45pm

Post #9 of 21 (161 views)
Shortcut
Thorin imo [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm pretty sure at least

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 2 2013, 8:52pm

Post #10 of 21 (117 views)
Shortcut
Most likely. [In reply to] Can't Post

Richard has said that he was allowed to do all of his own stunts, except for the "long falls". (Which would probably make a studio nervous. Tongue). This looks like it would fall in that category.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Werde Spinner
Rohan

Oct 3 2013, 3:21am

Post #11 of 21 (109 views)
Shortcut
What surprises me about this screencap [In reply to] Can't Post

is that none of the ladies on here (you know who you are Wink) have started worrying about potential fire-damage to Thorin's hair... Laugh

"I had forgotten that. It is hard to be sure of anything among so many marvels. The world is all grown strange. Elf and Dwarf in company walk in our daily fields; and folk speak with the Lady of the Wood and yet live; and the Sword comes back to war that was broken in the long ages ere the fathers of our fathers rode into the Mark! How shall a man judge what to do in such times?"

"As he ever has judged. Good and ill have not changed since yesteryear; nor are they one thing among Elves and Dwarves and another among Men. It is a man's part to discern them, as much in the Golden Wood as in his own house."

Kim
Valinor

Oct 3 2013, 7:13am

Post #12 of 21 (81 views)
Shortcut
Ack! I hadn't even considered that! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for putting that idea into our heads now Werde Spinner! *Starts rummaging around for products for damaged hair*

Riven Delve
Grey Havens

Oct 3 2013, 3:02pm

Post #13 of 21 (88 views)
Shortcut
I, for one, am not concerned [In reply to] Can't Post

If the majestic hair can survive this, it's good for anything. Obviously the Durin family has guarded its flame-resistant hair products down through the ages, perhaps as closely, if not closer, than it has guarded the Arkenstone. Laugh Wink

(Apparently this fabulous formula also protects against the damages of being stuffed in a sack, goblin whippings, Warg slobber, giant spider attacks, and scenic float trips. Good stuff, that. Angelic)

"Our perennial spiritual and psychological task is to look at things familiar until they become unfamiliar again." --G. K. Chesterton

arithmancer
Grey Havens

Oct 3 2013, 7:01pm

Post #14 of 21 (58 views)
Shortcut
Well... [In reply to] Can't Post

The spider attack did leave the fab hair a bit worse for wear. He needs someone to comb the nasty bits of web out of his hair for him!

Angelic

Werde Spinner
Rohan

Oct 4 2013, 2:14pm

Post #15 of 21 (41 views)
Shortcut
This reminds me of a meme from another fandom... [In reply to] Can't Post

Obviously the Durin family has guarded its flame-resistant hair products down through the ages, perhaps as closely, if not closer, than it has guarded the Arkenstone.

If you know anything about Fullmetal Alchemist, you'll get it when I Durin-ize it and say, "THE MAJESTIC HAIR HAS BEEN PASSED DOWN THE LINE OF DURIN FOR GENERATIONS!!!"

*cue sparkles*

Tongue Laugh Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

"I had forgotten that. It is hard to be sure of anything among so many marvels. The world is all grown strange. Elf and Dwarf in company walk in our daily fields; and folk speak with the Lady of the Wood and yet live; and the Sword comes back to war that was broken in the long ages ere the fathers of our fathers rode into the Mark! How shall a man judge what to do in such times?"

"As he ever has judged. Good and ill have not changed since yesteryear; nor are they one thing among Elves and Dwarves and another among Men. It is a man's part to discern them, as much in the Golden Wood as in his own house."

Werde Spinner
Rohan

Oct 4 2013, 2:15pm

Post #16 of 21 (37 views)
Shortcut
Do we have any volunteers? [In reply to] Can't Post

The spider attack did leave the fab hair a bit worse for wear. He needs someone to comb the nasty bits of web out of his hair for him!

Laugh Tongue Angelic

Riven Delve
Grey Havens

Oct 4 2013, 2:57pm

Post #17 of 21 (36 views)
Shortcut
*coughs modestly* [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, I think I could handle the task. In between swoons. Laugh

Good thing we're stuck on the fourth page, or we'd been swamped with volunteers. Wink

"Our perennial spiritual and psychological task is to look at things familiar until they become unfamiliar again." --G. K. Chesterton

Kim
Valinor

Oct 4 2013, 11:26pm

Post #18 of 21 (30 views)
Shortcut
Oh, you think you're the only one to notice this? [In reply to] Can't Post

Such an important topic merits scrolling through multiple pages just in case.

With such long tresses, I'm sure this is at least a 2 person job Laugh Evil

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 5 2013, 3:22am

Post #19 of 21 (26 views)
Shortcut
Sparkly! [In reply to] Can't Post

Geeky Son is standing behind me, laughing hysterically at this...Laugh!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Riven Delve
Grey Havens

Oct 5 2013, 1:25pm

Post #20 of 21 (21 views)
Shortcut
We'll trade off... [In reply to] Can't Post

when I swoon, you take up the comb, Kim! We mustn't fail His Majesty! Sly

Kim
Valinor

Oct 6 2013, 5:19am

Post #21 of 21 (21 views)
Shortcut
yes, the buddy system [In reply to] Can't Post

Always the smart way to go, especially with such an important task at hand! :-D

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.