Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Shipper! Not feeling Legoriel, like, at all!

Semper Fi
Rohan

Oct 1 2013, 9:07pm

Views: 1120
Shortcut
Shipper! Not feeling Legoriel, like, at all! Can't Post

OK, so reactions are in all over the Net and while they are generally positive about the trailer, Lego-romance is getting thumbs down across the board. At least Tauriel hate stopped, he, he.

While I'm not against romance ( I get they are trying to expend the audience) I'm just not feeling Legoriel. I don't see any chemistry between them and quite frankly I've never seen Bloom generate sparks with any of his leading ladies ever (Keira, Diane, Kirsten, Eva,Mila - all duds). But, oh boy, when Thranduil said that Legolas grew fond of her, you could just feel it. The chemistry. I'm not joking - those things are obvious in trailers.

So, am I the only one who doesn't feel the designated couple but senses potential in impossible couples that likely won't happen outside of fanfic? IMO, Legolas and Tauriel are so forced and processed;they don't feel organic but like when marketing team sits down and decides what fashion models to use to sell a product. It's too much "Legolas was popular with girls so lets give him a love interest to revive his popularity with Twilight crowd and lets make her an archer like him so Hunger Gamers dig them too." Just too much calculation and too little...how can I put it...real deal.

I was actually totally aboard Taurili because Elf/dwarf pairing is unusual, adorkable, harkens back to Galadriel/Gimli (which was awesome) and ties in with Elves and dwarves learning to respect each other that later produced legendary Legolas/Gimli friendship. But Prince and a pauper girl is so been-there-done-that. I'm yawning just from thinking of it.

"RadagaStoner deserves no mercy!" Tauriel the Radagast Slayer, the Chief of Inglorious Elfguards

Tauriel saved us from Itaril. Never forget.

Subject User Time
Shipper! Not feeling Legoriel, like, at all! Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Oct 1 2013, 9:07pm
    They said that Tauriel's story arch will be familiar to fans QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Oct 1 2013, 9:14pm
        Don't all Elves fall for Princes and royals in general? Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Oct 1 2013, 9:19pm
        Well wouldn't that refer to Nimrodel and Amrotth? malickfan Send a private message to malickfan Oct 1 2013, 9:32pm
            I actually hope for that :D But I have understanding for those saying that this goes too far. Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Oct 1 2013, 9:35pm
                I'm not going to lie that would be a massive kick in the teeth to me... malickfan Send a private message to malickfan Oct 1 2013, 9:42pm
                    Agreed on the part... Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Oct 1 2013, 9:48pm
                        I'd rather not know before the film in anycase... malickfan Send a private message to malickfan Oct 1 2013, 10:01pm
                I'm against it only because it sounds like cursing him with her last breath Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Oct 1 2013, 10:03pm
            Nimrodel and Amroth are one of the nicer love stories Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Oct 1 2013, 10:27pm
                That story with Legoriel would be too big a detour Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Oct 1 2013, 10:36pm
                    I didn't say they should re-enact the Amroth & Nimrodel story with Legolas & Tauriel Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Oct 1 2013, 10:46pm
    Not sure yet how this will play out. Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Oct 1 2013, 9:20pm
        I'm pro-Tauriel and anti-Legoriel Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Oct 1 2013, 10:00pm
            How about Tauriel and Azog? malickfan Send a private message to malickfan Oct 1 2013, 10:03pm
                Better than Legolazzzzzzzz Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Oct 1 2013, 10:04pm
    There is only one romance necessary in The Hobbit... malickfan Send a private message to malickfan Oct 1 2013, 9:34pm
        True that! // Ziggy Stardust Send a private message to Ziggy Stardust Oct 2 2013, 1:11am
    I was unaware there was anything to "feel" yet... bborchar Send a private message to bborchar Oct 1 2013, 9:55pm
    The Hobbit doesn't need no stinkin' romance! RosieLass Send a private message to RosieLass Oct 1 2013, 10:06pm
        It's the worst idea because it is her death sentence Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Oct 1 2013, 10:07pm
        Her death might add to the story though. (SPOILERS!!!) Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Oct 1 2013, 10:10pm
            It makes sense Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Oct 1 2013, 10:32pm
                I like the idea of a dwarf-elf pairing even less. RosieLass Send a private message to RosieLass Oct 1 2013, 10:39pm
        There's alterntive to her dying Altaira Send a private message to Altaira Oct 2 2013, 4:40am
            I don't see many of the Silvan Elves sailing before the last of The Noldor had done so. AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Oct 2 2013, 6:44am
                Ah, but many doesn't equal any / Altaira Send a private message to Altaira Oct 2 2013, 2:23pm
    Hehe, Legoriel... LadyEmmaE Send a private message to LadyEmmaE Oct 1 2013, 10:16pm
        Please ship Thorin and ME! Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Oct 1 2013, 10:27pm
            Ha, okay then. SemperFi x Thorin is the new OTP ;) LadyEmmaE Send a private message to LadyEmmaE Oct 1 2013, 10:56pm
                OMG, Thomper Fi OTP! Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Oct 1 2013, 11:02pm
        No not really Ziggy Stardust Send a private message to Ziggy Stardust Oct 2 2013, 1:14am
    It may never happen dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Oct 1 2013, 10:47pm
        I don't know why we need an obscure explanation, though. RosieLass Send a private message to RosieLass Oct 1 2013, 11:01pm
            I'm with you Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Oct 1 2013, 11:08pm
            But is it obscure, though? dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Oct 2 2013, 7:06am
                That would be a problem though. Before the finding of The Ring and the troubles that came with it AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Oct 2 2013, 8:26am
                    Sorry, AO.... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Oct 2 2013, 8:46am
                        Replying to you, Dormouse, Eleniel Send a private message to Eleniel Oct 2 2013, 10:18am
                            Good point... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Oct 2 2013, 10:31am
        The Symbolism of the Pendant DwellerInDale Send a private message to DwellerInDale Oct 2 2013, 12:45pm
            This theory I like! Werde Spinner Send a private message to Werde Spinner Oct 2 2013, 2:36pm
            My Guess on the Pendant... Thyia Send a private message to Thyia Oct 2 2013, 3:23pm
                I agree, Thranduil's comment comes across as a backhanded insult. Bladerunner Send a private message to Bladerunner Oct 2 2013, 11:09pm
            her looks says "I love you, not Legolas" Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Oct 2 2013, 3:41pm
            This shot HiddenSpring Send a private message to HiddenSpring Oct 3 2013, 1:23am
    I really prefered the rumors that Tauriel had an reciprocated thing for Thrandy... // Captain Salt Send a private message to Captain Salt Oct 1 2013, 11:05pm
        I know. I ship Thranduriel so much Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Oct 1 2013, 11:09pm
        The way it struck me... Silverlode Send a private message to Silverlode Oct 2 2013, 1:02am
            Neat Silverlode. I like this. // Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Oct 2 2013, 1:08am
    I agree with you Ziggy Stardust Send a private message to Ziggy Stardust Oct 2 2013, 1:09am
        Legolas + anyone = totally fanfic Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Oct 2 2013, 1:16am
    This is how I read into Legoriel The Tenth Walker Send a private message to The Tenth Walker Oct 2 2013, 1:49am
    I still hold out for Tauriel's interacting with Bilbo. Ruxendil_Thoorg Send a private message to Ruxendil_Thoorg Oct 2 2013, 2:56am
    Agreed. Kili and Tauriel was at least cute and Taboo, for a shoehorned agenda. Legolas and Tauriel. . . pretty much the nonsenese romance everyone expected and hoped NOT AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Oct 2 2013, 3:03am
    I am actually feeling VERY Legoriel! Cuwen Maegmacil Send a private message to Cuwen Maegmacil Oct 2 2013, 3:10am
        This whole thread Bumblingidiot Send a private message to Bumblingidiot Oct 2 2013, 4:21am
    Love Elessar Send a private message to Elessar Oct 2 2013, 1:45pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.