Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
That seems more credible

Na Vedui
Rohan

Oct 1 2013, 6:05pm

Views: 252
Shortcut
That seems more credible [In reply to] Can't Post

than a Thranduil-Tauriel affair, I think, if there is going to be anything between them at all. It would be more Tolkien-like - a sort of Faramir - Eowyn - Aragorn - Arwen setup, but with Thranduil loyal to the memory of Legolas' (presumably late) mother, and Legolas (perhaps) not getting anywhere with Tauriel either.

If Legolas' mother is dead and the cause of her death has any connection with Thranduil's reluctance to involve himself in other people's battles, it would add a painful edge to the whole "it is/isn't our fight" issue for both father and son.

Subject User Time
Legola and Tauriel romance??? Louise Mar Send a private message to Louise Mar Oct 1 2013, 1:44pm
    Could be spliced lines meant to mislead the viewer Shagrat Send a private message to Shagrat Oct 1 2013, 1:49pm
    Could be... Eleniel Send a private message to Eleniel Oct 1 2013, 1:51pm
        It won't happed Elskidor Send a private message to Elskidor Oct 1 2013, 1:54pm
            This could be the heartbreak that turns him off ladies and towards sharing Tauriel's fascinaition for male Dwarves! AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Oct 1 2013, 2:39pm
            LOL! True that! Ziggy Stardust Send a private message to Ziggy Stardust Oct 2 2013, 1:22am
    It does look like that, doesn't it? Angharad73 Send a private message to Angharad73 Oct 1 2013, 2:00pm
    I think deskp Send a private message to deskp Oct 1 2013, 2:08pm
        You might be right Na Vedui Send a private message to Na Vedui Oct 1 2013, 2:56pm
    *fingers crossed* Werde Spinner Send a private message to Werde Spinner Oct 1 2013, 2:50pm
        My thoughts exactly! Eruvandi Send a private message to Eruvandi Oct 1 2013, 5:36pm
    if anyone remembers... TheBrewingOfAle Send a private message to TheBrewingOfAle Oct 1 2013, 2:55pm
    To me it seems to prove Dragonrnbw Send a private message to Dragonrnbw Oct 1 2013, 3:15pm
        Well, we'll see, but I suspect you're reading too much into it.... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Oct 1 2013, 4:05pm
            Yes I may be reading into it too much but Dragonrnbw Send a private message to Dragonrnbw Oct 1 2013, 4:42pm
    On the bright side, at least it's not Tauriel-Kili easterlingchief1 Send a private message to easterlingchief1 Oct 1 2013, 4:42pm
    Just a thought Erewen Send a private message to Erewen Oct 1 2013, 5:05pm
    A rather obvious Trailer Always Lies moment, if you ask me Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Oct 1 2013, 5:08pm
        Yes, I think you're right... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Oct 1 2013, 5:27pm
        Good idea Faenoriel. I agree that trailers are misleading. Noria Send a private message to Noria Oct 2 2013, 1:40pm
    That line Elessar Send a private message to Elessar Oct 1 2013, 5:14pm
    It's because she's in love with Thranduil sycorax82 Send a private message to sycorax82 Oct 1 2013, 5:38pm
        That seems more credible Na Vedui Send a private message to Na Vedui Oct 1 2013, 6:05pm
            I don't think Dragonrnbw Send a private message to Dragonrnbw Oct 1 2013, 6:40pm
                I'm not liking romance with Legolas because that spells her death Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Oct 1 2013, 7:02pm
                Brainstorming ... Na Vedui Send a private message to Na Vedui Oct 1 2013, 7:25pm
                    Rotfl Dragonrnbw Send a private message to Dragonrnbw Oct 1 2013, 7:36pm
    Fondness, yes. Romantic connection? Naaaah LadyEmmaE Send a private message to LadyEmmaE Oct 1 2013, 9:33pm
    Didn't like it at all Ziggy Stardust Send a private message to Ziggy Stardust Oct 2 2013, 1:21am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.