Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Trailer and it's song

DuBekar
Rivendell

Oct 1 2013, 2:21pm

Post #1 of 8 (698 views)
Shortcut
Trailer and it's song Can't Post

I have already watched the trailer perhaps 4-6 times and it is just amazing. 100 times better than the last one! I really love that trailer song we are given, does anybody know the name of it?

Still no Beorn in human form :( he (PJ) is really bullying us (especially us Swedes) about Beorn ;) haha!

" Why, O people of Noldor! Fëanor cried. Why should we longer serve the jealous Valar, who cannot keep us nor even their own realm secure from their enemy? And though he be now their foe, are not they and he of one kin? Vengence calls me hence, but even were it otherwise I would not dwell longer in the same land with the kin of my father's slayer and of the thief of treasure. Yet i am not the only valiant in this valiant people. And have ye not all lost your King? And what else have ye not lost, cooped here in a narrow land between the mountains and the sea? Here once was light, that the Valar begrudged to middle-earth, but now dark levels all. Shall we mourn here deedless forever, a shadow-folk, mist-haunting, dropping vain tears in the thankless sea? Or shall we return to our home? In cuiviènen sweet ran the waters under uncloaded stars, and wide lands lay about, where a free people might walk. There they lie still and await us who in out folly forsook them. Come away! Let the cowards keep this city!"

DeadRabbits
Lorien

Oct 1 2013, 2:27pm

Post #2 of 8 (367 views)
Shortcut
Yes, as a fellow Swede I have to agree with you... [In reply to] Can't Post

... still no Beorn. I wonder why he's such a big secret when Smaug already has been revealed (in part at least).

Now now Bill, you swore this was a battle between warriors, not a bunch of miss nancies, so warriors is what I brought

Angharad73
Rohan

Oct 1 2013, 2:28pm

Post #3 of 8 (355 views)
Shortcut
Maybe... [In reply to] Can't Post

...something has to be kept secret for a little while longer? Hence no Beorn. After all, we have seen and heard a bit of Smaug now. I would have like to catch a glimpse of Beorn's human form, too, though, and I am not Swedish. Wink

I'm also wondering about the music in the trailer. It does sound great!

arithmancer
Grey Havens

Oct 1 2013, 2:33pm

Post #4 of 8 (343 views)
Shortcut
Smaug.., [In reply to] Can't Post

is a title character in this film. So it is hardly possible to keep him a secret. Beorn, on the other hand, seems to be something they are keeping as a (I hope and expect) pleasant surprise to enjoy in the movie itself.

Skaan
Lorien

Oct 1 2013, 2:43pm

Post #5 of 8 (316 views)
Shortcut
I'm also interested in the music [In reply to] Can't Post

To me, it kinda sounded like it could be from Immediate Music, but could be wrong ofcourse.

Audiomachine might be a possibility aswell, seeing as they made the music for the previous trailer too

nhui06
Rivendell

Oct 1 2013, 5:10pm

Post #6 of 8 (158 views)
Shortcut
Maybe a design change? [In reply to] Can't Post

Maybe with all the fan backlash, they may choose to redesign Beorn just a bit. Beorn doesn't have that many scenes; they can even get the actor to green screen his scenes if needed if it means giving him another look (that does not look like Sonic the hedgehog).

little mouse
Rivendell

Oct 1 2013, 5:49pm

Post #7 of 8 (143 views)
Shortcut
song is from Audiomachine-Land of Shadows [In reply to] Can't Post

FaramirAndEowynMorningStar
Rohan

Oct 1 2013, 6:15pm

Post #8 of 8 (107 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

That was bugging me all day, ever since I saw the trailer. Smile

....."Loyalty, Honor,
......A Willing Heart.
I can ask no more than that."

...... ~ Thorin Oakenshield

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.