Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Watch the new trailer HERE:
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

TheSexyBeard
Lorien

Oct 1 2013, 5:38pm

Post #101 of 120 (547 views)
Shortcut
Good god that was awesome! [In reply to] Can't Post

Superb trailer, so much great content! Bilbo vs spiders, Dwarves vs Smaug, Smaug's godly voice!

Yes, my username is terrible.

TheHutt
Gondor

Oct 1 2013, 5:40pm

Post #102 of 120 (550 views)
Shortcut
Any high quality sources yet? [In reply to] Can't Post

Like, the Warner PDL links like last time?

Russian LOTR & Hobbit Site: Henneth-Annun.ru

sycorax82
Rohan

Oct 1 2013, 6:21pm

Post #103 of 120 (518 views)
Shortcut
I like how all the commenters saying 'Bilbo is in this movie, right??' got served [In reply to] Can't Post

Bilbo is still the main character. The audience's representative. If anyone's gonna get shortchanged in DoS it's Gandalf. I can only see him appearing in 3 or 4 scenes.

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 1 2013, 6:22pm

Post #104 of 120 (544 views)
Shortcut
Not worthy of another thread, but it looks to me like ... [In reply to] Can't Post

The hidden passage doesn't open up straight away to Smaug's Chamber - instead Bilbo has to walk some distance to reach the pile of gold (see the first couple of shots in the trailer).

Perhaps that his where the Dwarf attack comes in. With the passageway opening elsewhere, it may give the Dwarves an opportunity to scout around themselves?

FaramirAndEowynMorningStar
Rohan

Oct 1 2013, 6:27pm

Post #105 of 120 (506 views)
Shortcut
That. Was. AMAZING!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Enough said!
Thorin, Bilbo, Bard, Smaug...
What can I say?

Beautifully done, Peter Jackson! The music really fitted the whole atmosphere (even though it was not his own music). *claps*

....."Loyalty, Honor,
......A Willing Heart.
I can ask no more than that."

...... ~ Thorin Oakenshield

Brethil
Half-elven

Oct 1 2013, 6:31pm

Post #106 of 120 (458 views)
Shortcut
Excellent point on the hat...great detail noted. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply, and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in November. Happy writing!

Vangalad
Lorien

Oct 1 2013, 7:12pm

Post #107 of 120 (442 views)
Shortcut
It's Fantastic !!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Really worth the long wait and it reached/exceeded expectations!
There seems to be an improvement in every sector from previous trailers and AUJ. It 's going to be such a different movie than AUJ,audiences will be surprised. Smile
At first viewing I particularly enjoyed Smaug, Gandalf in Dol Guldur and Bard's speach.
Exciting times indeed!
Smile

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost,
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Dipling
Rivendell

Oct 1 2013, 9:04pm

Post #108 of 120 (380 views)
Shortcut
EPIC [In reply to] Can't Post

Only Thranduils underground realm looks too clean (for now), like painting. I bet, it will look great in cinema.

Everything else is fantastic, EPIC.
Cannot wait for december.

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

Oct 1 2013, 10:18pm

Post #109 of 120 (342 views)
Shortcut
"My courage." [In reply to] Can't Post

Freeman nailed it again.

And Balin, "His name is Bilbo." Voice of reason and Wise Counselor to perfection.

I loved this. A lot.

flameofudun
Lorien

Oct 1 2013, 11:24pm

Post #110 of 120 (297 views)
Shortcut
So cool!!! I've been pinned down with confounded work but I am almost through [In reply to] Can't Post

And will spend literally all this week on the board and analyzing the trailer. First off love smaug and bilbo, bilbo is invisible for this Scene after all!

''We are very dangerous over short distances''

-Gimli

Ziggy Stardust
Gondor

Oct 2 2013, 1:25am

Post #111 of 120 (296 views)
Shortcut
Enjoyed the trailer immensely [In reply to] Can't Post

Loved Benedict's voice as Smaug. The scene where Thorin stops Bilbo has me intrigued. I can't wait to see what happens in Dol Guldor, and I can't wait to see Thranduil! Hated the Legolas Tauriel romance, and thought there was too much of her for my comfort. Having said all of that, I watched the trailer while listening to Bob Dylan. It was really trippy.

ElendilTheShort
Gondor

Oct 2 2013, 1:54am

Post #112 of 120 (274 views)
Shortcut
If the movie is as good as the trailer it is going to be 10/10 [In reply to] Can't Post

Elizabeth
Valinor

Oct 2 2013, 2:08am

Post #113 of 120 (254 views)
Shortcut
He's in the screencaps.. [In reply to] Can't Post

here.

elentari3018
Lorien

Oct 2 2013, 3:41am

Post #114 of 120 (249 views)
Shortcut
At 1:17, it looks like Bilbo is morified or scared [In reply to] Can't Post

Is he scared of the Ring?

I thought this trailer was much better in terms of showing the characters and also more dialogue that makes you feel and makes you even more excited than the first one. More action in the first one but more content in this one that makes you really FEEL!!!! :D :D :D

Can't wait!!!!

"By Elbereth and Luthien the fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me!" ~Frodo

"And then Gandalf arose and bid all men rise, and they rose, and he said: 'Here is a last hail ere the feast endeth. Last but not least. For I name now those who shall not be forgotten and without whose valour nought else that was done would have availed; and I name before you all Frodo of the Shire and Samwise his servant. And the bards and the minstrels should give them new names: Bronwe athan Harthad and Harthad Uluithiad , Endurance beyond Hope and Hope Unquenchable.." ~Gandalf, The End of the Third Age , from The History of Middle Earth series

elentari3018
Lorien

Oct 2 2013, 3:42am

Post #115 of 120 (246 views)
Shortcut
That possible romance is better than Kili and Tauriel [In reply to] Can't Post

in which earlier rumors talked about... :p

"By Elbereth and Luthien the fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me!" ~Frodo

"And then Gandalf arose and bid all men rise, and they rose, and he said: 'Here is a last hail ere the feast endeth. Last but not least. For I name now those who shall not be forgotten and without whose valour nought else that was done would have availed; and I name before you all Frodo of the Shire and Samwise his servant. And the bards and the minstrels should give them new names: Bronwe athan Harthad and Harthad Uluithiad , Endurance beyond Hope and Hope Unquenchable.." ~Gandalf, The End of the Third Age , from The History of Middle Earth series

Silmaril
Lorien

Oct 2 2013, 6:14am

Post #116 of 120 (208 views)
Shortcut
thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

Misty Mountain Hop
Rivendell

Oct 2 2013, 4:41pm

Post #117 of 120 (143 views)
Shortcut
He looks awesome [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't wait to see more of him, he looks sweet!

Misty Mountain Hop
Rivendell

Oct 2 2013, 4:42pm

Post #118 of 120 (142 views)
Shortcut
So true.. [In reply to] Can't Post

That trailer in embedded in my memory. One of the best ever!

Oin K
Rivendell

Oct 2 2013, 8:17pm

Post #119 of 120 (124 views)
Shortcut
Right before that there's a shot of him picking it up [In reply to] Can't Post

The implication is that he was horrified at the thought of losing it.

"The Naugrim were ever, as they still remain, short and squat in stature; they were deep-breasted, strong in the arm, and stout in the leg, and their snouts were long. Indeed this strangeness they have that no Man nor Elf has ever seen a snoutless Dwarf - unless he were rhinoplasted in mockery, and would then be more like to die of shame than of many other hurts that to us would seem more deadly. For the Naugrim have snouts from the beginning of their lives, male and female alike..." (History of Middle Earth, volume 11, The War of the Truffles, p. 205)

Kim
Valinor

Oct 3 2013, 4:07am

Post #120 of 120 (119 views)
Shortcut
"I have the only right" [In reply to] Can't Post

Chills.

I think I literally held my breath through the whole thing. I only noticed when I let it out at the end.

Awesome! Now to go watch it again and again!

Laugh

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.