Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Appreciable and impressive differentiation and avoidance of repitition between the two trailers

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Oct 1 2013, 4:17pm

Post #1 of 9 (738 views)
Shortcut
Appreciable and impressive differentiation and avoidance of repitition between the two trailers Can't Post

This isn't always the case in trailers for the same film, even within the Rings series. There is very little material from trailer one doubling as filler for this trailer. It looks to be between 75 and 90 percent new footage. The eventual mega-trailer should be awesome! In fact, I think I will watch them back to back right now! lol

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

Danielos
Rohan

Oct 1 2013, 4:21pm

Post #2 of 9 (421 views)
Shortcut
More material in AUJ-trailers [In reply to] Can't Post

If someone edit a megatrailer, they should not forget to add the bits from DoS that were in the trailers for the first one.

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Oct 1 2013, 4:25pm

Post #3 of 9 (406 views)
Shortcut
The Azog shot has been re-colour graded and looks much better in the new trailer // [In reply to] Can't Post

JWPlatt
Grey Havens

Oct 1 2013, 7:00pm

Post #4 of 9 (241 views)
Shortcut
Radagast [In reply to] Can't Post

And not a trace of bird poop or a subservient Gandalf. Happy day. If only it will be so in the film.

Semper Fi
Rohan

Oct 1 2013, 7:10pm

Post #5 of 9 (205 views)
Shortcut
Your post made my day [In reply to] Can't Post

Agreed 1000000000%

"RadagaStoner deserves no mercy!" Tauriel the Radagast Slayer, the Chief of Inglorious Elfguards

Tauriel saved us from Itaril. Never forget.

Glorfindela
Valinor

Oct 1 2013, 10:41pm

Post #6 of 9 (102 views)
Shortcut
I was going to say [In reply to] Can't Post

Azog actually looks very athletic in the trailer and seems really well done. His build in fact very much reminds me of that of the actor who plays him (who is actually a good-looking chap).

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Oct 2 2013, 12:00am

Post #7 of 9 (84 views)
Shortcut
Lol, oh we know Radgast will be about, but hopefully the air of subserviance is forever gone. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
And not a trace of bird poop or a subservient Gandalf. Happy day. If only it will be so in the film.

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

JWPlatt
Grey Havens

Oct 2 2013, 4:07am

Post #8 of 9 (61 views)
Shortcut
Revise? [In reply to] Can't Post

If Azog is done better in #2 and #3, would you like to see them revise the CGI in some later Special Edition?

Glorfindela
Valinor

Oct 2 2013, 10:02am

Post #9 of 9 (49 views)
Shortcut
I don't think so. [In reply to] Can't Post

For myself, I was pretty satisfied with the way the CGI was done in AUJ. Overall, also, I think the trailers for DoS look absolutely stunning I love the colours, and the look of the locations and the main characters.

The thing that really bothers me in the trailers for DoS is Legolas's zombie eyes he really looks like something out of a horror film. I hope this doesn't become a distracting obsession for me (along with Tauriel), which will turn me off the rest of the film. It should be all right, as long as their roles are not too big in the film, and as long as the film focuses on the story of the book's main characters (Bilbo, Thorin, Gandalf, and also Thranduil, Beorn and Smaug).

In Reply To
If Azog is done better in #2 and #3, would you like to see them revise the CGI in some later Special Edition?

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.