Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
I think that was Girion in the trailer

Arandir
Gondor

Oct 1 2013, 2:43pm

Views: 937
Shortcut
I think that was Girion in the trailer Can't Post

If you pause at 1:39, there is a shot of a man firing a catapult which resonates strongly with a Dale as it is being destroyed - also the shot after that is the same shot found in the AUJ prologue of a watch tower bursting into flames.

I'm pretty sure that this is the scene PJ was referring to in the Empire interview about seeing in the AUJ extended edition - with Girion firing arrows at the dragon.

I'm positive that we'll get more of the visuals of the dragon in a flashback on the attack on Dale once more (perhaps Bard recounting the history of his ancestors) - which certainly seems a possibility considering they've gone through so much labour to build a complete set and use it for just a few seconds in the AUJ prologue.

'A Tolkienist's Perspective' Blog
'How Peter Jackson inches closer to making 'The Silmarillion'

Subject User Time
I think that was Girion in the trailer Arandir Send a private message to Arandir Oct 1 2013, 2:43pm
    I was wondering about that fellow... Angharad73 Send a private message to Angharad73 Oct 1 2013, 2:48pm
        That guy Fleuz Send a private message to Fleuz Oct 1 2013, 2:55pm
            Two things Na Vedui Send a private message to Na Vedui Oct 1 2013, 3:08pm
                Yes, remember they visit Dale before entering Bombadil Send a private message to Bombadil Oct 1 2013, 3:19pm
    Yeah StarGodziller Send a private message to StarGodziller Oct 1 2013, 2:54pm
        AUG EE Minutes, Bard & Thorin joec_34 Send a private message to joec_34 Oct 1 2013, 4:07pm
            I think... StarGodziller Send a private message to StarGodziller Oct 1 2013, 6:19pm
                True, and I forgot one other! ***Mild Book Spoiler Alert*** joec_34 Send a private message to joec_34 Oct 1 2013, 6:39pm
    Me too! Elk2013 Send a private message to Elk2013 Oct 1 2013, 2:54pm
    I had no idea who this guy was Werde Spinner Send a private message to Werde Spinner Oct 1 2013, 2:59pm
    Pretty sure about that too. Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Oct 1 2013, 3:12pm
    Just to be pernickety... emre43 Send a private message to emre43 Oct 1 2013, 3:26pm
        Oops you're right! Arandir Send a private message to Arandir Oct 1 2013, 3:30pm
        And maybe that's what will be used by Bard to kill Smaug ? Ffnir Send a private message to Ffnir Oct 1 2013, 5:24pm
            Hmmm Arandir Send a private message to Arandir Oct 1 2013, 5:30pm
    I think it is moonrunes Send a private message to moonrunes Oct 3 2013, 1:00am
    I suspect that 'ballista' will be used to attempt to take down Smaug Oin K Send a private message to Oin K Oct 3 2013, 4:10pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.