Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Favorite new armor and/or major costume design from AUJ and beyond?

marcuspaine
Bree

Sep 29 2013, 5:59pm

Post #1 of 10 (847 views)
Shortcut
Favorite new armor and/or major costume design from AUJ and beyond? Can't Post

So I was looking over screencaps for AUJ, and one thing that struck me was just how much detail on the new sets of armor I'd missed! Do any of you have a favorite set?

Mine has to be the armor worn by Dale's guards. It's seen only briefly, but the detail put into the design is impressive. See it here:

http://www.framecaplib.com/...es/hauj/hauj0055.jpg

And I do quite like the style of the Laketown armor too. There's a bit of a resemblance between their hats and those of Dale's.

http://static2.businessinsider.com/...ter-of-laketown-.jpg

Just think - there's still the sets of armor each each member of the Company will eventually put on...

(This post was edited by marcuspaine on Sep 29 2013, 5:59pm)

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Sep 29 2013, 6:40pm

Post #2 of 10 (485 views)
Shortcut
Elrond and Rivendell Riders' armor [In reply to] Can't Post

was quite nice, IMO.

Agreed that the Hershey's Kiss hats form a nice continuity between the guards of Dale and Esgaroth.

My Top 5 Wish List for "The Hobbit"
5. Legolas will surf down Smaug's neck
4. Bilbo will be revealed to a Robot
3. Naked PJ cameo as Ghan-Buri-Ghan
2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

LordotRings93
Rohan

Sep 29 2013, 7:22pm

Post #3 of 10 (422 views)
Shortcut
Definitely the Erebor guard's armor [In reply to] Can't Post

Love the design and the plate. Looks very dwarvish and fits them perfectly. Also liked the Rivendell armor.

Lover of Medieval Fantasy
"I know what I must do. It's just... I'm afraid to do it."

Thranderz
Rohan

Sep 29 2013, 9:06pm

Post #4 of 10 (353 views)
Shortcut
Rivendell Guards [In reply to] Can't Post

The sentinels on the guard towers were perfect IMO! Shocked

I simply walked into Mordor.

Semper Fi
Rohan

Sep 29 2013, 9:46pm

Post #5 of 10 (365 views)
Shortcut
Thranduil's crown [In reply to] Can't Post

It rocks. Seriously rocks.

Other than that, I really dig Thorin's look. I know that some fans roasted it for being too Klingon or whatever, but I love it. HeartHeartHeart

"RadagaStoner deserves no mercy!" Tauriel the Radagast Slayer, the Chief of Inglorious Elfguards

Tauriel saved us from Itaril. Never forget.

Elessar
Valinor

Sep 29 2013, 10:37pm

Post #6 of 10 (326 views)
Shortcut
Elf armor [In reply to] Can't Post

I really like all the elf armor. I'd love to get some statues from weta with these designs.

IdrilofGondolin
Rohan

Sep 29 2013, 10:38pm

Post #7 of 10 (316 views)
Shortcut
Dittos [In reply to] Can't Post

Thranduil's whole look is the best costuming of all the Hobbit and LOTR movies. My belief is that the costumers became enthralled with Lee Pace's very elven look and costumed him accordingly. They couldn't get enough of how beautiful Lee Pace is. He is going to give Thorin a run for his money in the hotness category.

Werde Spinner
Rohan

Sep 30 2013, 2:45pm

Post #8 of 10 (188 views)
Shortcut
Okay, I'll try to pick just one favorite... [In reply to] Can't Post

...Hahaha, actually, no, I'll pick two. My favorite armor design is Elrond's (so awesome!), and I include in that category the armor of the Rivendell Elf cavalry (or whatever they're called) and the sentinels. As for my favorite costume design, it is probably Thorin's. I really like that dark blue. But there are tons of other little details that I would love to call out, if you'll bear with me..

Kili's archer glove. Anyone notice it? It covers up his thumb and first two fingers. So glad he got a glove after watching Legolas shoot for three movies without any hand protection!

The acorns on Bilbo's buttons.

The helmets of the soldiers in Dale.

And I should probably stop no before I go on forever and ever... Tongue

"I had forgotten that. It is hard to be sure of anything among so many marvels. The world is all grown strange. Elf and Dwarf in company walk in our daily fields; and folk speak with the Lady of the Wood and yet live; and the Sword comes back to war that was broken in the long ages ere the fathers of our fathers rode into the Mark! How shall a man judge what to do in such times?"

"As he ever has judged. Good and ill have not changed since yesteryear; nor are they one thing among Elves and Dwarves and another among Men. It is a man's part to discern them, as much in the Golden Wood as in his own house."

Peterthorn of Rohan
Rivendell

Sep 30 2013, 3:52pm

Post #9 of 10 (167 views)
Shortcut
A lot [In reply to] Can't Post

From Auj: Thorin's armor, Dwarvish armor, The armor of the elves of Rivendell
From the trailer and stills of dos:The clothes Bilbo and Thorin get from Lake town, Legolas armor, Bard's clothes

MatthewJer18
Rohan

Sep 30 2013, 4:44pm

Post #10 of 10 (176 views)
Shortcut
Thrór's robes are seriously beautiful [In reply to] Can't Post

Definitely one of my favorites.

http://www.framecaplib.com/...es/hauj/hauj0019.jpg

(This post was edited by MatthewJer18 on Sep 30 2013, 4:44pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.