Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The Most Ridiculous Rumor Ever (spoilers)
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Barrow-Wight
Rohan

Sep 29 2013, 5:23pm

Post #1 of 33 (1950 views)
Shortcut
The Most Ridiculous Rumor Ever (spoilers) Can't Post

There is one rumor out there and I'm sure all of us have heard it, whenever it's mention we feel a small pang of fear in the back of our minds the PJ could consider something like this he's done it before: Arwen at Helm's Deep, Aragorn VS Sauron at The Black Gate. I'm not mentioning the changes we got cause those are minor things well except maybe Sam leaving Frodo. But anyway the rumor I'm talking about is:

"Sauron as The Necromancer will revive Smaug and he will participate in the Battle Of Five Armies. and when The Necromancer is defeated he flees to Mordor where he assumes the form of Smaug's eye which later is referred to as The Eye Of Sauron"

I'm sure if Peter Jackson actually did this everyone that Hates the changes he's made to the story so far will look back on AUJ and DOS as masterpieces lol. So do you think he ever considered something like this? was it Del Toro's idea? I'm actually looking forward to the upcoming Extended Edition to hear what ideas they had that they scrapped we got other rumors of course some aren't that bad but other people blow them out of proportion

Zombie Azog (iffy)
Kili/Tauriel romance (what shall we call them Tili? Kauriel?)
Zombie Thrain (isn't everything better with zombies these days?)
Dain sporting a mohawk riding a giant pig (not that bad since we've already had a giant moose and giant rabbits)
Radagast Dies
KIli dies while protecting Tauriel who also dies (still a better love story then Twilight)
It was all a dream all along ( not really but since we're going for it let's go for it)

so what do you think? is Zombie Smaug is the most ridiculous rumor of them all?

Peterthorn of Rohan
Rivendell

Sep 29 2013, 5:30pm

Post #2 of 33 (967 views)
Shortcut
I think.. [In reply to] Can't Post

the one about dain riding a pig is confirmed by billy connoly

dormouse
Half-elven

Sep 29 2013, 5:43pm

Post #3 of 33 (906 views)
Shortcut
But..... [In reply to] Can't Post

You haven't mentioned the talking purse! Wink

DanielLB
Immortal

Sep 29 2013, 5:55pm

Post #4 of 33 (891 views)
Shortcut
Radagast doesn't die ... [In reply to] Can't Post

He turns into the moth!

And unless Connolly is having us on, he has confirmed he will ride a boar and sports a mohawk. Here are the relevant threads, here and here.

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Sep 29 2013, 6:38pm

Post #5 of 33 (841 views)
Shortcut
The year-long online angst over the Gandy/Galadriel "romance" was pretty funny [In reply to] Can't Post

....even if it was largely tongue-in-cheek around these parts, there were corners of the interwebs were people were seriously alarmed by it. TongueTongue

IMO the Kili/Tauriel "romance" is likely to fall under the same category - like, Kili will swoon over Tauriel for 10 seconds or something and that'll be that. Evil

My Top 5 Wish List for "The Hobbit"
5. Legolas will surf down Smaug's neck
4. Bilbo will be revealed to a Robot
3. Naked PJ cameo as Ghan-Buri-Ghan
2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

(This post was edited by Captain Salt on Sep 29 2013, 6:38pm)

Gollum's_Apprentice
The Shire

Sep 29 2013, 7:09pm

Post #6 of 33 (782 views)
Shortcut
not as ridiculous as [In reply to] Can't Post

the Kili/Tauriel romance rumor

daemoon
Rivendell

Sep 29 2013, 7:26pm

Post #7 of 33 (745 views)
Shortcut
Boar riders are pretty much confirmed. [In reply to] Can't Post

There are a few concept arts from the official game and the Chronicles artbook that show boar riders and a boar pulling a wagon. And they don't look so ridiculous like I imagined.

http://heirsofdurin.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/slide_3-49b2238fa35452a0f45db76cc61e0d25.jpg

BornOutOfTheWest
Rivendell

Sep 29 2013, 7:32pm

Post #8 of 33 (800 views)
Shortcut
That Gondolin Rumour... [In reply to] Can't Post

I remember that rumour about smaug being the "steed" of Gothmog or something at the Fall Of Gondolin. Now that was pretty wild...

KasDel
Rivendell

Sep 29 2013, 7:42pm

Post #9 of 33 (729 views)
Shortcut
I just can not see.... [In reply to] Can't Post

ANYONE 'riding' Smaug!

KasDel the Last

"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger." Gildor

sycorax82
Rohan

Sep 29 2013, 7:56pm

Post #10 of 33 (717 views)
Shortcut
That rumour came from someone who had, supposedly, been an extra on set [In reply to] Can't Post

They apparently were on set for a scene between Thorin and Thranduil where he lays out the history of Orcrist, how it was used to slay Gothmog, the Lord of the Balrogs, and how he had ridden Smaug, also how Smaug's hunger for gold came from those days at the fall of Gondolin.

BornOutOfTheWest
Rivendell

Sep 29 2013, 8:02pm

Post #11 of 33 (717 views)
Shortcut
Tauriel.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Also, isn't there that "Tauriel the Prophet" rumour too. Apparently she's meant to be replacing Glorfindel with the prophecy about the witch king.

Lio
Lorien

Sep 29 2013, 8:06pm

Post #12 of 33 (725 views)
Shortcut
I wouldn't even call these rumours [In reply to] Can't Post

Just some goofy speculation blown out of proportion (except for Dain's boar, which is confirmed). Wink

And yes, zombie anything is ridiculous indeed and doesn't belong in these movies. Crazy The others are at least kind of plausible (who knows what changes they'll make), but I'm not so sure they'd help the story. Actually I think it's likely Tauriel will die but I doubt Kili will be involved. ***BEGIN BOOK SPOILER*** He and Fili must die, together, I think, and near to Thorin. ***END BOOK SPOILER*** As for Tauriel, it's been speculated that her death will act as a motivating factor for Legolas ("It is our fight!").

Dwalin Balin Kili Fili Dori Nori Ori Oin Gloin Bifur Bofur Bombur Thorin

Orcs are mammals!

"Don't laugh at the Dwarves because they will mess you up." Dean O'Gorman (Fili)

Want to chat? AIM me at Yami Liokaiser!

Thranderz
Rohan

Sep 29 2013, 9:19pm

Post #13 of 33 (633 views)
Shortcut
You forgot one! [In reply to] Can't Post

Tauriel slays Radagast? Wink

I simply walked into Mordor.

Barrow-Wight
Rohan

Sep 29 2013, 10:04pm

Post #14 of 33 (595 views)
Shortcut
The Talking Purse [In reply to] Can't Post

The Talking Purse is actually the mastermind behind everything! he wants Revenge for his friends turning to stone. Sauron? he's just a patsy It was the Talking Purse the whole time!!

dormouse
Half-elven

Sep 29 2013, 10:22pm

Post #15 of 33 (552 views)
Shortcut
The Necromoney-cer unmaksed - I like it! // [In reply to] Can't Post

malickfan
Gondor

Sep 29 2013, 10:46pm

Post #16 of 33 (528 views)
Shortcut
So Me and Daniel have been right all along? [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink

I don't have much to say.

Hamfast Gamgee
Gondor

Sep 29 2013, 11:16pm

Post #17 of 33 (507 views)
Shortcut
Maybe Tauriel has a talking handbag? [In reply to] Can't Post

Finrod
Rohan

Sep 30 2013, 12:39am

Post #18 of 33 (508 views)
Shortcut
Taxonomy 101 [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
(not that bad since we've already had a giant moose and giant rabbits)

First off, it was not a giant moose: Alces alces. It was an Irish elk: Megaloceros giganteus and one of normal size, too. They arent even cousins.

As for the lagomorphs, Im not sure they were all that oversized. And Im willing to bet that they were really hares, not rabbits.

…all eyes looked upon the ring; for he held it now aloft, and the green jewels gleamed there that the Noldor had devised in Valinor. For this ring was like to twin serpents, whose eyes were emeralds, and their heads met beneath a crown of golden flowers, that the one upheld and the other devoured; that was the badge of Finarfin and his house.
The Silmarillion, pp 150-151
while Felagund laughs beneath the trees
in Valinor and comes no more
to this grey world of tears and war.
The Lays of Beleriand, p 311

glor
Rohan

Sep 30 2013, 1:17am

Post #19 of 33 (511 views)
Shortcut
Boar, more like [In reply to] Can't Post

It makes sense, if Dwarves rode boars into battle, they are too small to ride horses and ponies aren't exactly battleworthy.

Nope, a dwarf riding into battle on an armoured boar should be a fearsome sight, boars can move at immense speed.

Meneldor
Tol Eressea

Sep 30 2013, 1:36am

Post #20 of 33 (466 views)
Shortcut
A wild boar hunt is serious business. [In reply to] Can't Post

People, dogs, and horses were often killed or crippled hunting boar. They were known for impaling themselves on spears and running right up to the spear carrier to attack him. Eventually boar spears were built with crosspieces to stop them from going all the way through the boar. In medieval literature, the boar hunt is often used as a rite of passage from boyhood to manhood, often with lifelong scars for the young man.

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep.

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 30 2013, 1:46am

Post #21 of 33 (463 views)
Shortcut
Hmm, looks quite similar to [In reply to] Can't Post

the boar-riding baddies of the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess game. It works really well and doesn't look silly at all. In the game, if you knock the bad guys off, you can hop on and ride the boar yourself - if you can hang on. (They tend to run amok and stampede and crash through things, which is fun.)

Silverlode

"Dark is the water of Kheled-zram, and cold are the springs of Kibil-nla, and fair were the many-pillared halls of Khazad-dm in Elder Days before the fall of mighty kings beneath the stone."

glor
Rohan

Sep 30 2013, 1:57am

Post #22 of 33 (444 views)
Shortcut
Or Norse legend and Anglo-saxons [In reply to] Can't Post

Freya rode a boar into battle, anglo-saxon and celtic battle helmets have been found with boar motifs and horns and the boar was Beowolf's battle standard.

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 30 2013, 2:04am

Post #23 of 33 (430 views)
Shortcut
Yep. [In reply to] Can't Post

It's not a new motif, just one that seems novel to modern western culture, which has been all about horses. It's interesting to see it popping up in different places.

Silverlode

"Dark is the water of Kheled-zram, and cold are the springs of Kibil-nla, and fair were the many-pillared halls of Khazad-dm in Elder Days before the fall of mighty kings beneath the stone."

Avnar
Lorien

Sep 30 2013, 3:27am

Post #24 of 33 (527 views)
Shortcut
The rumor that made my blood boil... [In reply to] Can't Post

Was the ***spoilers*** "Legolas kills Smaug - not Bard"

Mad

Bombadil
Half-elven

Sep 30 2013, 7:21am

Post #25 of 33 (413 views)
Shortcut
Wait one second? What about [In reply to] Can't Post

Gandalf is Gay....
No body talks about that Rumour?

Bilbo NEVER Married?
Neither did Frodo...

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.