Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Middle Earth Day pics

Meneldor
Tol Eressea

Sep 29 2013, 4:24am

Post #1 of 8 (326 views)
Shortcut
Middle Earth Day pics Can't Post

The event was quite a success for the museum, bringing in about a thousand visitors on Saturday. Cool

My camera didn't do very well in the "lighting" of the great hall, but some of the pics are worth sharing.

I hope to get some better pics from the museum staff. Maybe it's just my vanity speaking, but it would be nice to have some proof that I was there too.

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep.

(This post was edited by entmaiden on Sep 30 2013, 2:12pm)

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 29 2013, 12:58pm

Post #2 of 8 (185 views)
Shortcut
How absolutely awesome! [In reply to] Can't Post

The Armory is such a cool place (oh, how I wish they could keep it going!), and just perfect for this sort of thing. A thousand? Where in the world did they manage to park all those cars? Laugh

(I was in Worcester, but visiting with my ageing Dad, so was unable to drop by. Evil I hope you had no trouble getting there, the streets in that city are crazy!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Brethil
Half-elven

Sep 29 2013, 3:28pm

Post #3 of 8 (174 views)
Shortcut
These are still great Meneldor [In reply to] Can't Post

How nice but bittersweet to see such a turnout

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply, and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in November. Happy writing!

acheron
Gondor

Sep 29 2013, 9:18pm

Post #4 of 8 (148 views)
Shortcut
very cool! // [In reply to] Can't Post

For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much -- the wheel, New York, wars, and so on -- while all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man, for precisely the same reasons. -- Douglas Adams

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Sep 29 2013, 9:24pm

Post #5 of 8 (154 views)
Shortcut
Wish I could have been there! [In reply to] Can't Post

What a terrific idea by the museum. Do they do stuff like this often?

Meneldor
Tol Eressea

Sep 30 2013, 1:11am

Post #6 of 8 (143 views)
Shortcut
Earlier this year [In reply to] Can't Post

they had a Star Wars Day. The 501st and Rebel Legion were there in costume, and some fans from a local kendo dojo did a lightsaber combat demo. That was a big day for the museum too.

Edit: Just looked at their Events Schedule page; they're planning a Halloween day for Oct 26 and a gingerbread castle competition on Dec 14

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep.

(This post was edited by Meneldor on Sep 30 2013, 1:15am)

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 30 2013, 2:12pm

Post #7 of 8 (128 views)
Shortcut
Sorry - I had to remove the oversized pictures [In reply to] Can't Post

You can re-size and re-post as a reply to your main topic.

Here's the guidelines for posting pictures:

The specific guidelines for posting pictures within the message body of your post are as follows: the maximum size of any picture posted should be 525 wide x 400 pixels high (or a better measure is: 210,000 pixels squared - width x height), but no wider than 670 pixels. The maximum file size per picture should be 45k. The cumulative file size of all pictures in one post should not exceed 225k (5 pictures of the maximum filesize of 45k, 10 pictures of a filesize of 22.5k, etc.). These guidelnes apply to pictures hosted on other sites as well as to pictures posted as attachments to your post. For more detailed help on posting within a message body, check out Magpie's step-by-step TORn Image Posting Guide.

Meneldor
Tol Eressea

Oct 4 2013, 12:02am

Post #8 of 8 (192 views)
Shortcut
Here's a couple of good ones from the museum. [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.