Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Hello, TORn! (cute kitten pictures inside)

Laerasėa
Tol Eressea

Sep 27 2013, 12:24am

Post #1 of 14 (194 views)
Shortcut
Hello, TORn! (cute kitten pictures inside) Can't Post

I just wanted to pop in and say hello, and see how everyone's been doing! I've been trying to come by Fiesta, but I have class every Friday at that time-- I've been going to grad school in the evening and teaching during the day, so it's been pretty busy! I love it, though-- I'm teaching English III AP and English II Pre-Ap, and I actually get to pick out some of the books in the curriculum! I'm currently deciding between The Sound and the Fury and King Lear for English III (it's supposed to be American Lit, but we're allowed to include one Shakespeare book if we want in the year).

I have a wonderful other half who has been an amazing support for me, an apartment, and two roommates: one has a turtle and the other has two snakes. I have a cat. So we've got a little menagerie going at the moment. To relax, a friend and I have started to get together each weekend to play some video game music, and we've started uploading our music to my youtube channel here (he plays viola, and I play piano).

I thought I would post a few pictures of my cat, just for fun (she's very cute). Her name is Lydia (a character in Skyrim), and she's a little goofy-- she can fetch toys and bring them back for me to throw again, she can "sit," and she jumps up on me when I get home from school every day.

When she's very excited, she sometimes forgets to put her tongue back in her mouth:

She can fetch the mail:

And she LOVES to play

And sleep in weird positions.

I'll try and stop by occasionally, but if it doesn't happen, I just wanted to let you know that I'm still thinking about you guys! It was really fun to catch up on everyone's posts! Smile

‎"When we can take green from grass, blue from heaven, and red from blood, we have already an enchanter's power—upon one plane; and the desire to wield that power in the world
external to our minds awakes."
--J. R. R. Tolkien

Mozart and Chocolate

(This post was edited by Laerasėa on Sep 27 2013, 12:33am)

Aunt Dora Baggins
Half-elven

Sep 27 2013, 1:28am

Post #2 of 14 (120 views)
Shortcut
Lydia is sooo cute! [In reply to] Can't Post

And so clever! She must think she's a doggy, doing all those tricks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Alassėa Eruvande
Valinor

Sep 27 2013, 1:43am

Post #3 of 14 (119 views)
Shortcut
Hi, Laerasėa! [In reply to] Can't Post

It sounds like you've been busy!

That mail-fetching cat is something else! Thanks for the pictures. And the music is beautiful, although I'm not familiar with any of the games. Smile

I am SMAUG! I kill when I wish! I am strong, strong, STRONG!
My armor is like tenfold shields! My teeth like swords! My claws, spears!
The shock of my tail, a thunderbolt! My wings, a hurricane! And my breath, death!

Kimi
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 27 2013, 2:50am

Post #4 of 14 (119 views)
Shortcut
Hi there, Laerasėa! [In reply to] Can't Post

Lovely to see you - and Lydia is seriously cute!

I have a niece called Lydia.:)

The Passing of Mistress Rose
My historical novels

Do we find happiness so often that we should turn it off the box when it happens to sit there?

- A Room With a View

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 27 2013, 3:22am

Post #5 of 14 (110 views)
Shortcut
Laera! Wonderful to see you! [In reply to] Can't Post

It doesn't seem possible, you're already through the Bachelor's degree, and teaching - and obviously having a marvellous time! Cool

Isn't that little tongue adorable? A fe-mail cat! Laugh She's adorable. Wasn't there a story behind your adopting her - er, sorry, her adopting you (for we all know that cats "own" their humans)?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Sep 27 2013, 10:36am

Post #6 of 14 (95 views)
Shortcut
Laera! So good to see you :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Your Lydia looks just like my old Tiga did, though Teegs never played games like that, she was just a monumental purrer CoolHeart

*hugs ya* Heart

Bag ENZ Home of the Hobbit *with thanks to cameragod ;D*

One by one they faded, and fell into shadow...

One book to rule them all
One book to find them
One book to bring them all
And in TORn bind them
In the land of TORnadoes...where the brilliant play

sherlock
Gondor

Sep 27 2013, 11:11am

Post #7 of 14 (105 views)
Shortcut
Nice pics!// [In reply to] Can't Post

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Sep 27 2013, 1:59pm

Post #8 of 14 (103 views)
Shortcut
Good to hear from you! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm glad everything's going well for you. Lydia is a cutie, and very talented as well Smile Enjoy!

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Sep 27 2013, 3:41pm

Post #9 of 14 (85 views)
Shortcut
So good to hear from you! [In reply to] Can't Post

And what a beautiful kitten! And brilliant too, delivering the mail! I have a friend who says she has the World's Best Cat. She may have a rival.Sly

And what wonderful musicians you two are!

I don't play piano much, but if your friend ever wants to play quartets with a fellow string-player, let me know! He sounds absolutely top notch--amazing tone and both of you have such fabulous technique!

Hope you can stop in more often!SmileSmile

Old Toby
Gondor

Sep 27 2013, 4:22pm

Post #10 of 14 (80 views)
Shortcut
Evidently Lydia suffers from terminal cuteness!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I love calico cats! And I love the photos with her tongue sticking out, not to mention the one of her fetching the mail! (I'm sure she'd be happy to open it for you as well, but it would be so shredded you wouldn't be able to read it!) Smile

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

DanielLB
Immortal

Sep 27 2013, 4:36pm

Post #11 of 14 (79 views)
Shortcut
How cute! [In reply to] Can't Post

The only thing our cats bring us are dragonflies (alive, as well!)

What's your secret then, Laerasėa? How did you train her up so well. Wink

FaramirAndEowynMorningStar
Rohan

Sep 28 2013, 5:37pm

Post #12 of 14 (56 views)
Shortcut
Lydia is so adorable. [In reply to] Can't Post

If only I could train my dog to fetch the post - whenever he returns with the letter, he won't let me have it and I have to wrestle with him to claim it.

....."Loyalty, Honor,
......A Willing Heart.
I can ask no more than that."

...... ~ Thorin Oakenshield

RosieBaggins
Rivendell

Sep 28 2013, 7:22pm

Post #13 of 14 (89 views)
Shortcut
Awww... She is so adorable! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for shareing such cute photos :D

My progress so far on my walk to Rivendell
I have traveled 71 miles
I have passed Buckleberry Ferry.
It is 2 miles to the next landmark.
I have 387 miles until I reach Rivendell.

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Sep 29 2013, 5:24am

Post #14 of 14 (34 views)
Shortcut
Too cute! Love the tongue :D // [In reply to] Can't Post

"The question isn't where, Constable, but when." - Inspector Spacetime

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.