The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
New trailer announced !
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

-Bugi-

Sep 27 2013, 2:50pm

Post #1 of 54 (7785 views)
Shortcut
New trailer announced ! Can't Post

Hobbit, The: The Desolation of Smaug (trailer #2)

Running time : 2:23
Ratings : PG

http://www.albertafilmratings.ca/recentclasstrailers.aspx

A ty mor ho! — hoj mor ho! detvo môjho rodu,
kto kradmou rukou siahne na tvoju slobodu;
a čo i tam dušu dáš v tom boji divokom:
Mor ty len, a voľ nebyť, ako byť otrokom.
- S. Chalupka

Gimli1252
Bree

Sep 27 2013, 3:03pm

Post #2 of 54 (6242 views)
Shortcut
Yosh !!!!!!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

You beat me for seconds.... Great News....Smile

''There is one dwarf yet in Moria, who still draws breath''

Voronwë_the_Faithful
Valinor

Sep 27 2013, 3:03pm

Post #3 of 54 (6199 views)
Shortcut
Yay! // [In reply to] Can't Post

'But very bright were the stars upon the margin of the world, when at times the clouds about the West were drawn aside.'

The Hall of Fire

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Sep 27 2013, 3:20pm

Post #4 of 54 (6234 views)
Shortcut
I checked this about an hour ago [In reply to] Can't Post

You must've been refreshing like crazy to get it as soon as it popped up like that Laugh

AshNazg
Gondor

Sep 27 2013, 3:52pm

Post #5 of 54 (6224 views)
Shortcut
I've noticed a trend - We could see the trailer in days [In reply to] Can't Post

Usually Alberta ratings would be a week or so before the trailer is released. But the recent trend seems to be much shorter, with a lot of the trailers being released a day or two after being rated. So hopefully The Hobbit fits the trend

DanielLB
Immortal

Sep 27 2013, 3:56pm

Post #6 of 54 (6134 views)
Shortcut
Exciting! :-) [In reply to] Can't Post

I look forward to it. Laugh

Luinnár
Rivendell

Sep 27 2013, 4:03pm

Post #7 of 54 (6099 views)
Shortcut
Thanks Bugi! [In reply to] Can't Post

Peterthorn of Rohan
Rivendell

Sep 27 2013, 4:16pm

Post #8 of 54 (6063 views)
Shortcut
Great! [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope the trailer will be released next monday!

Buchanicus
Lorien

Sep 27 2013, 4:17pm

Post #9 of 54 (6119 views)
Shortcut
Although I think it will be mid-late next week... [In reply to] Can't Post

It could debut before that. That site lists the Frozen trailer on 9/23, and it was online yesterday.

TORn member formally known as ryan1976.

(This post was edited by Buchanicus on Sep 27 2013, 4:18pm)

Aragorn the Elfstone
Tol Eressea

Sep 27 2013, 4:18pm

Post #10 of 54 (6112 views)
Shortcut
Hoping... [In reply to] Can't Post

...that they use some Shore music this time around, but I doubt it. I've been rather underwhelmed by every trailer except for the first teaser. I rather miss the three minute pieces of art that were the Lord of the Rings Trailers. They were exquisitely done, and I just haven't been feeling that way with the Hobbit trailers. Still, I'm excited to get a look at some new footage from the film and such, so I'm still eager to it.

Hopefully it will be showing in front of Gravity as well, since I'll be going to see that. I haven't had much luck with catching the Hobbit trailers in the cinema.

"All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds awake to find that it was vanity; But the dreamers of day are dangerous men. That they may act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible."
- T.E. Lawrence

Owain
Tol Eressea

Sep 27 2013, 4:37pm

Post #11 of 54 (6024 views)
Shortcut
Huzzah!!!// [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile

Middle Earth is New Zealand!

"Question everything, embrace the bad, and hold on to the good."

cats16
Half-elven

Sep 27 2013, 5:29pm

Post #12 of 54 (5959 views)
Shortcut
Yay!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Wonder if a poster will be released on Monday?

Arandir
Gondor

Sep 27 2013, 5:46pm

Post #13 of 54 (5975 views)
Shortcut
Might it still make it for Tolkien Week? [In reply to] Can't Post

This is fantastic news!

And considering that tomorrow is the final day of Tolkien Week, they might consider posting it within the next 24 hours perhaps (in my dreams!Laugh)

Looking forward to next week ... Angelic

'A Tolkienist's Perspective' Blog
'How Peter Jackson inches closer to making 'The Silmarillion'

burgahobbit
Rohan

Sep 27 2013, 6:43pm

Post #14 of 54 (5925 views)
Shortcut
Awesome [In reply to] Can't Post

I plan to see it on December 13th or 14th, 2013. This will be difficult but its only a 2 1/2 month wait. I refuse to be spoiled. Tongue

Hope you all enjoy it greatly, its always fun when a trailer comes out. Smile

"I've found it is the small things, everyday deeds of ordinary folk, that keeps the darkness at bay. Simple acts of kindness and love. Why Bilbo Baggins? Perhaps it is because I’m afraid, and he gives me courage.” - Gandalf the Grey.

"Do not be afraid Mithrandir, if ever you should need my help, I will come." - Lady Galadriel.

adnan
Rivendell

Sep 27 2013, 8:09pm

Post #15 of 54 (5843 views)
Shortcut
Must...resisit!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I will probably not watch the trailer, but I'm definitely going to be back here to see the reactions and content!

I think the first trailer captured just enough of what I wanted to see in a trailer and just want to keep the rest fresh when I go watch the film in the 2.5 months.

Rivendell

Arannir
Valinor

Sep 27 2013, 9:19pm

Post #16 of 54 (5759 views)
Shortcut
Interesting... [In reply to] Can't Post

... what you think about the LotR trailers.

I have to say I loathed the TTT trailer... particularly because of the use of "Requiem for a Dream"... I liked the RotK one much more, although the end was poorly done imho.

I actually believe the first AUJ trailer was the only one on par with the first trilogy trailer (with the long fellowship shot) and one of the first FotR trailers.

“A dragon is no idle fancy. Whatever may be his origins, in fact or invention, the dragon in legend is a potent creation of men’s imagination, richer in significance than his barrow is in gold.” J.R.R. Tolkien

Words of wisdom that should be remembered - both by critics, purists and anyone in between.

sycorax82
Rohan

Sep 27 2013, 9:55pm

Post #17 of 54 (5731 views)
Shortcut
All the FOTR trailers were awe-inspiring! [In reply to] Can't Post

The trailer with the Fellowship walking through shot... that was a time when I knew hardly anything about the films, only that some weird NZ guy was doing it and the teenager from Deep Impact was playing Frodo and the kid from Goonies as Sam (which didn't fill me with much positivity...).

I saw that trailer and everything changed...EVERYTHING!!

Elessar
Valinor

Sep 27 2013, 10:34pm

Post #18 of 54 (5677 views)
Shortcut
Sweet! [In reply to] Can't Post

Can't wraith to see it and save it. :)

Bumblingidiot
Rohan

Sep 27 2013, 10:38pm

Post #19 of 54 (5736 views)
Shortcut
Two hours, twenty three minutes [In reply to] Can't Post

is pathetically short for a Tolkien film. By the time we've seen the second trailer, we'll have virtually seen the whole film. I feel cheated.

"Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear."

Aragorn the Elfstone
Tol Eressea

Sep 27 2013, 10:44pm

Post #20 of 54 (5706 views)
Shortcut
Huh? [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't tell if you're joking, but the 2:23 time is for the trailer. It's two minutes and 23 seconds. The runtime for the film hasn't been announced yet.

"All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds awake to find that it was vanity; But the dreamers of day are dangerous men. That they may act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible."
- T.E. Lawrence

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Sep 27 2013, 10:54pm

Post #21 of 54 (5689 views)
Shortcut
Bada Boom [In reply to] Can't Post

Bada Bing!

Hes just bumbling along...Wink

I hope it arrives next week and that it is substantially different from the last two mediocre trailers. Specially, the last "hacking, slashing, jumping and cutting" teaser.

Vous commencez ŕ m'ennuyer avec le port!!!

Ziggy Stardust
Gondor

Sep 28 2013, 12:04am

Post #22 of 54 (5600 views)
Shortcut
All right! // [In reply to] Can't Post

moonrunes
The Shire

Sep 28 2013, 12:46am

Post #23 of 54 (5590 views)
Shortcut
Yes! [In reply to] Can't Post

Maybe this is the kickoff for WB's marketing campaign. Also, please focus on Bilbo and the stuff from the book.Smile

Bumblingidiot
Rohan

Sep 28 2013, 1:00am

Post #24 of 54 (5597 views)
Shortcut
I was joking [In reply to] Can't Post

and trying to get out of Rivendell at the same time. I refuse to use smileys. Shakespeare managed without smileys, Dickens managed without smileys, Tolkien managed without smileys. Even James Herbert managed without smileys - and he was cr*p. Smileys are the crack cocaine of the internet.

------------
18 posts to go.

"Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear."

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Sep 28 2013, 1:15am

Post #25 of 54 (5583 views)
Shortcut
Based on what the Hutt has said and on the trend for them to web pre theater, my thought is Wednesday, Second of October, [In reply to] Can't Post

Tuesdays and Wednesdays are days they have released trailers and vlogs on before, and they usually release it on the internet a couple of days before it shows up for the first time attatched to a film in the theater.

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.