Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
Funny glitch with P. Messages

Ethel Duath

Sep 25 2013, 5:47pm

Post #1 of 10 (170 views)
Funny glitch with P. Messages Can't Post

Not at all a big deal, but for the last 2 days it says "1 new mesgs" (the red thing below the lifted "Your Messages" ring) whether I have any new messages or not. I've read them all and clicked on the newest several times, refreshed and re-started.

Still that lifted ring. Must get Spray 'n' Wash or Oxyclean or something. :D

Sep 25 2013, 6:20pm

Post #2 of 10 (108 views)
Sounds like one of your PMs is a Ranger or wearing a Ring. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply, and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in November. Happy writing!

Superuser / Moderator

Sep 25 2013, 7:15pm

Post #3 of 10 (115 views)
Two things I would try: [In reply to] Can't Post

Log off from TORN then log back in. If the notification is still there, try clearing your cache to get rid of the ghost. Good luck!

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Ethel Duath

Sep 25 2013, 7:38pm

Post #4 of 10 (110 views)
Well, I've already done all that several times. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll check my Palantir for unread messages.Crazy

Very strange!!

Superuser / Moderator

Sep 26 2013, 3:25am

Post #5 of 10 (96 views)
Did you look in your sent messages? [In reply to] Can't Post

Not sure why, and just guessing, but maybe it ended up in there.

Good night, tOR.Nados. Good work. Sleep well. I'll most likely delete you in the morning.

Ethel Duath

Sep 26 2013, 3:37am

Post #6 of 10 (97 views)
Well, I can see all my messages , incuding all new ones. [In reply to] Can't Post

But even after I've read them, it stills says "1 new mesgs" in red under the lifted ring, even when I read the most recent several times. It's like it's stuck.

There's nothing unusual in the sent or send folders--just what's supposed to be there.

It's just weird; not hurting anything really.

Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 26 2013, 5:45am

Post #7 of 10 (98 views)
I just sent you a PM. [In reply to] Can't Post

Sometimes I get a stuck "new post" notice on the main forum screen and it stays despite being read until new posts are added and it changes the notice from within the system. Let's see if having a new PM to read reboots your PM notices.

"Dark is the water of Kheled-zâram, and cold are the springs of Kibil-nâla, and fair were the many-pillared halls of Khazad-dűm in Elder Days before the fall of mighty kings beneath the stone."

Ethel Duath

Sep 26 2013, 1:36pm

Post #8 of 10 (96 views)
Ha! Still there! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sauron is spying on me, I just know it! (I'm not at all paranoid. Ever.Wink)

I'm jus going to ignore it. I'm sure it'll unstick itself eventually!

Superuser / Moderator

Sep 26 2013, 3:31pm

Post #9 of 10 (168 views)
I had this problem years ago [In reply to] Can't Post

And, for the life of me, I can't remember how I got rid of it, but it did go away eventually. If I remember what I did, or what happened to make it go away, I'll let you know. I'll also ask B.G. when I get home from work.

One more thing you could try is to download another internet browser, such as Chrome, or Firefox, or whatever you're not using now to log in or, better yet, use someones else's computer to log in and see if it's still there.

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Ethel Duath

Sep 27 2013, 10:06pm

Post #10 of 10 (83 views)
I've actually tried not only different browsers, but [In reply to] Can't Post

the computer at school which is Windows, not a Mac like I have at home.

Still there! I know I am being spied upon by the NSP (Nazgul Secret Police).Crazy Funny, they're making it so obvious!Wink

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.