Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Can anyone else picture this kind of music in a final duel between Azog and Thorin?

boldog
Rohan

Sep 25 2013, 12:12pm

Post #1 of 14 (634 views)
Shortcut
Can anyone else picture this kind of music in a final duel between Azog and Thorin? Can't Post

sorry for yet another post on this matter, but I really love picturing this scene in the final film.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z28lwyQjuTY watch from 0:25
I can imagine something similar to this being played during the sequence. Its fast, epic, and will work well for this scene in my eyes.
Plus being Howard shore, im sure we will get something 168 times better!!
let me know your thoughts too on how you think this scene should play out music wise Wink

"fingolfin looked up in grief to see what evil morgoth had done to maedhros"

DuBekar
Rivendell

Sep 25 2013, 12:22pm

Post #2 of 14 (327 views)
Shortcut
Yes yes yes!! [In reply to] Can't Post

This was some awesome piece of Epic music :) thanks for that! Yes, i could imagine the paste of this music to be in the last EEEEEpic battle between them two, damn can't wait really. I could imagine a song like this or a more up beat and epic (i got to stop using Epic :P) Ringwraith theme. :)

" Why, O people of Noldor! Fėanor cried. Why should we longer serve the jealous Valar, who cannot keep us nor even their own realm secure from their enemy? And though he be now their foe, are not they and he of one kin? Vengence calls me hence, but even were it otherwise I would not dwell longer in the same land with the kin of my father's slayer and of the thief of treasure. Yet i am not the only valiant in this valiant people. And have ye not all lost your King? And what else have ye not lost, cooped here in a narrow land between the mountains and the sea? Here once was light, that the Valar begrudged to middle-earth, but now dark levels all. Shall we mourn here deedless forever, a shadow-folk, mist-haunting, dropping vain tears in the thankless sea? Or shall we return to our home? In cuivičnen sweet ran the waters under uncloaded stars, and wide lands lay about, where a free people might walk. There they lie still and await us who in out folly forsook them. Come away! Let the cowards keep this city!"

Peterthorn of Rohan
Rivendell

Sep 25 2013, 12:30pm

Post #3 of 14 (305 views)
Shortcut
Indeed.. [In reply to] Can't Post

It's the best music moment in auj along with the theme after that when the dwarves come to the rescue!:-)

Shagrat
Gondor

Sep 25 2013, 12:44pm

Post #4 of 14 (326 views)
Shortcut
No [In reply to] Can't Post

I want something Dwarvish, Thorin-ish and Azog-ish by turns, not generic-sounding music. Howard will nail it, just like he did 'An Ancient Enemy'. I get goosebumps when Azog starts to battle Thorin, the male choir is fantastic.

DuBekar
Rivendell

Sep 25 2013, 12:58pm

Post #5 of 14 (296 views)
Shortcut
Can't argue with you about that [In reply to] Can't Post

Damn, An ancient enemy is probably the best piece of music in AUJ soundtrack :)

" Why, O people of Noldor! Fėanor cried. Why should we longer serve the jealous Valar, who cannot keep us nor even their own realm secure from their enemy? And though he be now their foe, are not they and he of one kin? Vengence calls me hence, but even were it otherwise I would not dwell longer in the same land with the kin of my father's slayer and of the thief of treasure. Yet i am not the only valiant in this valiant people. And have ye not all lost your King? And what else have ye not lost, cooped here in a narrow land between the mountains and the sea? Here once was light, that the Valar begrudged to middle-earth, but now dark levels all. Shall we mourn here deedless forever, a shadow-folk, mist-haunting, dropping vain tears in the thankless sea? Or shall we return to our home? In cuivičnen sweet ran the waters under uncloaded stars, and wide lands lay about, where a free people might walk. There they lie still and await us who in out folly forsook them. Come away! Let the cowards keep this city!"

Otaku-sempai
Half-elven

Sep 25 2013, 2:21pm

Post #6 of 14 (272 views)
Shortcut
I just want to be a lover; Not a red-eyed screaming ghoul [In reply to] Can't Post

When I first spied the title, I thouight that Two Steps From Hell was performing a cover of the Blue Oyster Cult song (I would still like to see an animated BOC music video with Elric's Strormbringer transforming into an electric guitar).

Yes, the music is quite dramatic. I can imagine something of the sort in the films.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

Loresilme
Valinor

Sep 25 2013, 3:12pm

Post #7 of 14 (244 views)
Shortcut
It's good but sounds more sci-fi epic to me [In reply to] Can't Post

I do like it, it's got a great epic sound to it, but to me the sound or style is modern. I think it would be good in a sci-fi setting.

For Middle-earth though and particularly an Azog and Thorin showdown, I think it should be something that's more ancient-epic sounding rather, than sci-fi epic. Something that has a more gut feeling, a more physical feeling than this, which IMO has a somehow more high-tech feeling to it, to me.

Darkstone
Immortal

Sep 25 2013, 3:17pm

Post #8 of 14 (246 views)
Shortcut
"Yakety Sax" would be good. / [In reply to] Can't Post

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Sometime hours and hours hence:
In The Green Dragon two ales could buy
And drank the one less filling I
And that has made all the difference.
- The Ale Less Filling, by Robert Frostymug

KasDel
Rivendell

Sep 25 2013, 5:00pm

Post #9 of 14 (195 views)
Shortcut
Agreed! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I do like it, it's got a great epic sound to it, but to me the sound or style is modern. I think it would be good in a sci-fi setting.

For Middle-earth though and particularly an Azog and Thorin showdown, I think it should be something that's more ancient-epic sounding rather, than sci-fi epic. Something that has a more gut feeling, a more physical feeling than this, which IMO has a somehow more high-tech feeling to it, to me.

It has a great sound but I keep imagining a 'Riddick' movie.

KasDel the Last

"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger." Gildor

Brethil
Half-elven

Sep 25 2013, 5:24pm

Post #10 of 14 (185 views)
Shortcut
Priceless as always Darkstone // [In reply to] Can't Post

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply, and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in November. Happy writing!

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 25 2013, 8:47pm

Post #11 of 14 (147 views)
Shortcut
...Is it bad that I can totally picture that? [In reply to] Can't Post

And now I've got a serious case of the giggles. Darkstone, you're messing up my headspace before I even see this movie!

....And now I really want to hear this over a Hobbit gag reel or fight montage. LaughLaughLaugh

Silverlode

"Dark is the water of Kheled-zāram, and cold are the springs of Kibil-nāla, and fair were the many-pillared halls of Khazad-dūm in Elder Days before the fall of mighty kings beneath the stone."

Blkcpt
Rivendell

Sep 25 2013, 8:48pm

Post #12 of 14 (148 views)
Shortcut
Personally [In reply to] Can't Post

I see this as Smaugs intro song. At least from .25 to about the 1.00 minute mark. It's very grand sounding... which smaug is.

Darkstone
Immortal

Sep 25 2013, 8:52pm

Post #13 of 14 (144 views)
Shortcut
If it is... [In reply to] Can't Post

...then do NOT click this link:

http://mashable.com/2013/04/11/yakety-sax/

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Sometime hours and hours hence:
In The Green Dragon two ales could buy
And drank the one less filling I
And that has made all the difference.
- The Ale Less Filling, by Robert Frostymug

Otaku-sempai
Half-elven

Sep 26 2013, 2:08pm

Post #14 of 14 (110 views)
Shortcut
The other "Black Blade" [In reply to] Can't Post

Since I brought it up, here is the Blue Oyster Cult song "Black Blade" with lyrics by fantasty/s.f. writer Michael Moorcock. And, no, I can't see this being used in Jackson's The Hobbit films.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.