Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The new Trailer - What you like to see in ?!

Sep 25 2013, 9:04am

Post #1 of 14 (805 views)
The new Trailer - What you like to see in ?! Can't Post

I personally am really hoping to have a short sequence where Thrain is talking or mumbling something to Gandalf..maybe concerning the Necromancer.

That would be great !

Sep 25 2013, 12:01pm

Post #2 of 14 (438 views)
Be cool to see Bilbo do anything... [In reply to] Can't Post

I hear he's supposed to be in this movie?

Be cool to see more Bard too.

Sep 25 2013, 12:05pm

Post #3 of 14 (417 views)
He has a brief cameo appearance I think [In reply to] Can't Post

doubt it will make it into the trailer Wink

The Mitch King

Sep 25 2013, 4:31pm

Post #4 of 14 (313 views)
No elves haha [In reply to] Can't Post

I want to see Bolg honestly. Just a little something. I wouldn't mind hearing Smaug either. Beorn too. Oh I want to see a little more of the Master of Laketown as well.

Sep 25 2013, 9:39pm

Post #5 of 14 (230 views)
Something more of the Dol Guldur plot... [In reply to] Can't Post

...since the first one was pretty much dedicated to Mirkwood.

Ziggy Stardust

Sep 26 2013, 12:01am

Post #6 of 14 (190 views)
LOL! [In reply to] Can't Post

Laugh Yeah, I think he makes a cameo, but it's probably going to be really quick, so keep a sharp eye out for him. He will be dressed like the Milky Way Mime from the "Ashes to Ashes" music video, right before Legolas appears. Sly

Sep 26 2013, 11:05pm

Post #7 of 14 (120 views)
Honestly [In reply to] Can't Post

I could do with less, because it's all out of context, including the dialogue. That's the trouble with this film, you kinda have to reveal some things. I would rather not have seen anything of Smaug, it lessens the impact, no matter whether you like the way he looks or not.

Sep 27 2013, 3:01am

Post #8 of 14 (111 views)
I'd like to see [In reply to] Can't Post

an interview with Tolkien. And nothing at all that gives away any more of what's going to be in the next film.

"Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear."

Sep 27 2013, 9:38am

Post #9 of 14 (94 views)
I think people are beginning to realise that trailers ruin movies [In reply to] Can't Post

I personally love Pixar's teaser trailers. They show the characters and give the tone of the movie with a vague concept, but none of what happens in the trailer is actually from the movie, so nothing is spoiled. I think that's a great lesson for Hollywood to learn from.

There are so many deleted scenes and alternative takes these days, it'd be easy to make a full trailer out of them!

(This post was edited by QuackingTroll on Sep 27 2013, 9:38am)

Sep 27 2013, 10:07am

Post #10 of 14 (86 views)
Just be thankful [In reply to] Can't Post

That Warner Bros. don't go as crazy with The Hobbit as:

Some fan managed to compile 25 minutes of the Amazing Spider-Man from last year.

Sep 27 2013, 12:34pm

Post #11 of 14 (71 views)
My hopes: [In reply to] Can't Post

1) More of Bard

2) no more Smaug visuals

3) maybe the voice of Smaug... not sure yet whether I really want to hear it before

4) glimpses of the soundtrack

5) the Mayor (hints at the Laketown storyline)

6) some Dol Guldur skirmish visuals

ďA dragon is no idle fancy. Whatever may be his origins, in fact or invention, the dragon in legend is a potent creation of menís imagination, richer in significance than his barrow is in gold.Ē J.R.R. Tolkien

Words of wisdom that should be remembered - both by critics, purists and anyone in between.

Sep 27 2013, 8:28pm

Post #12 of 14 (61 views)
I'd like to hear Smaug [In reply to] Can't Post

But only in the end of the trailer. He could be a good narrator, like Thranduil in the last one, but it might be better to just give him one line at the end of the trailer. No visuals, though.

More spiders would be cool, too. Maybe show Bilbo fighting them?

Sep 27 2013, 8:43pm

Post #13 of 14 (50 views)
I think... [In reply to] Can't Post

we'll have part of the Riddles with Smaug scene. So, in short, I feel that we'll hear Smaug's voice. Not saying what I want, but what we'll hear. It will differentiate Smaug from other dragons, in that 1. he speaks, and 2. Tolkien's dragons are quite sneaky, clever, and treacherous creatures.

I'm picturing sort of a montage scene, with Bilbo narrating the lines:

"I am he who buries his friends alive..." and so forth. With each 'name' Bilbo gives, we see a shot of that scene in DOS. Whether it's the Barrels, something Ring-related, spiders, etc., I can't say. But I think that some small snippet of this scene will be in the trailer.

Perhaps Bilbo's words to Smaug act as a sort of trailer voiceover, giving us a clear narrative--but still not spoiler-ific--about DOS for the general audience. Then it ends wilth either a shot of Smaug answering him, or just his voice.

Not going to lie, a very short tease of this scene could work well.

Sep 27 2013, 11:11pm

Post #14 of 14 (49 views)
A touch of the sight and sound of Smaug, and something to ease my mind about Dol Guldur [In reply to] Can't Post

I.E. Some taste of Bilbo's audience with Smaug the magnificent, and some brief glimpse of Gandalf using force (only hinted at, mind) in Dol Guldur, or of the enemies he will face there besides (hopefully) Bolg and Thrain.

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.