Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
And yet I keep thinking ... *major spoilers*

Arandir
Gondor

Sep 25 2013, 8:26am

Views: 966
Shortcut
And yet I keep thinking ... *major spoilers* Can't Post

I know that most of you are going to hate me for bringing this up one more time but I just can't help thinking about Andy Serkis' interview with TotalFilm.

The topic in question is the famous (or maybe now "infamous"?) topic of Smaug's attack on Lake-town in DOS or TABA.Crazy

In the aforementioned interview (which you can find here around 0:55, the interviewer asks the cast and Peter Jackson about their most anticipated scenes in 'The Desolation of Smaug'.

Andy Serkis' response is clearly shrouded in mystery - he himself states that he can't reveal much however (and with a smirk forming over his face), he mentioned that "the Lake-town sequences are pretty extraordinary."

It's pretty vague and general as it may include three major sequences that we know of:

-The Bard/Master general storyline
-The Legolas/Orc-fighting narrative
-The Destruction of Lake-town

Out of these three, we can eliminate the first one and be quite certain that Andy is primarily referring to a specific action sequence, because as he continues to discuss in the interview, he says that "no matter how big the canvas is ... it's always about the small things" (or something similar).

And whilst we can't be certain of how the other two sequences will play out and who it will involve, I can't help but think that Andy is referring to Smaug's attack on Lake-town.

There, you certainly have a big action sequence where a lot of characters come into play and who, by then, the audience will be strongly rooting for: Bard, Bain, the general population, etc ...

I'm not saying it's a definite, because I myself am still torn between the DOS and TABA debate ...

I know, I know - "just wait for the film to be released", I agree. But I'm just getting this off my chest!Smile

Apologies! Blush

'A Tolkienist's Perspective' Blog
'How Peter Jackson inches closer to making 'The Silmarillion'

Subject User Time
And yet I keep thinking ... *major spoilers* Arandir Send a private message to Arandir Sep 25 2013, 8:26am
    I'm so sure 'it' will happen in DOS..... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Sep 25 2013, 8:37am
        I've been saying it Silverlode Send a private message to Silverlode Sep 25 2013, 8:50am
            Hah! Thanks for the support my fellow Ringer! Arandir Send a private message to Arandir Sep 25 2013, 9:00am
    I fully expect Smaug's attack on Laketown will be epic. Noria Send a private message to Noria Sep 25 2013, 2:20pm
    A part for Bain? Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Sep 25 2013, 2:27pm
    I'm content to wait and see Werde Spinner Send a private message to Werde Spinner Sep 25 2013, 2:47pm
    Well *spoilers* The Mitch King Send a private message to The Mitch King Sep 25 2013, 4:28pm
    There won't be a massive cliffhanger Elskidor Send a private message to Elskidor Sep 25 2013, 4:39pm
    but.. DjU Send a private message to DjU Sep 25 2013, 5:14pm
        Very true ... however Arandir Send a private message to Arandir Sep 25 2013, 5:19pm
    They need to get rid of Smaug in the second film Bumblingidiot Send a private message to Bumblingidiot Sep 27 2013, 2:54am
    Until the last minute... Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Sep 27 2013, 12:38pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.