Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
Help! Help! Pretty, pretty please. I need to edit

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Sep 24 2013, 5:12pm

Post #1 of 17 (152 views)
Shortcut
Help! Help! Pretty, pretty please. I need to edit Can't Post

and put in an attachment, and the directions is the FAQ's don't make sense to me. I tried to find Magpie's directions which were simple and I understood, but I can't find them, and the editing time is up (Tolkienia post on main).

Hoe do I attach a doc. from my computer? And since the time has expired, could an admin do it for me?

Oh, and my next to last link isn't working. Here is possibly a better one, if a kind Admin could replace it for me, and check if it works? https://picasaweb.google.com/notesedit/September212013?authkey=Gv1sRgCJmZkoTN88SZcw#5926240426801880242

Thanks so much!

(This post was edited by Ethel Duath on Sep 24 2013, 5:17pm)

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Sep 24 2013, 6:35pm

Post #2 of 17 (100 views)
Shortcut
Please provide a link to the post that you want edited. [In reply to] Can't Post

I can update the link for you, but it would be best if you could upload the document from your computer (in a reply to your post). I'm sure that magpie will spot your post here and can give you some more pointers on how to do it.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Sep 24 2013, 8:36pm

Post #3 of 17 (102 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! Here it is [In reply to] Can't Post

plus the link.

Shortcut to post (next to last link, right at the bottom): http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=645401#645401

The actual right link, which seems to work for me is: https://picasaweb.google.com/notesedit/September212013?authkey=Gv1sRgCJmZkoTN88SZcw#5926240426801880242

And I already did the separate post, so that should be fine. it took me awhile, but I finally found the link to Magpie's directions.

You Admins. are the cat's pajamas! You get a free week's stay at Meriadoc Manor Inn, right next to the poetry monument lawn! (Runs off to the "photo-shop" the darn thing before guests arrive!)Angelic

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 24 2013, 11:32pm

Post #4 of 17 (92 views)
Shortcut
Hmm. [In reply to] Can't Post

When I try that link, I get an error message. In fact, I get error messages for all the picasaweb links. I'm not sure what the problem is...are you still able to access all of those files?

Silverlode

"Dark is the water of Kheled-zâram, and cold are the springs of Kibil-nâla, and fair were the many-pillared halls of Khazad-dűm in Elder Days before the fall of mighty kings beneath the stone."

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Sep 24 2013, 11:49pm

Post #5 of 17 (84 views)
Shortcut
Yes, they all [In reply to] Can't Post

work, except for the next-to-last one on that post. The new one (above post) works fine. They all work, even from a different user account on my computer (only computer I have so I can't test it on a different one). I signed out of Picasa to see if that changed anything, and they still work both ways.

I'll check my Picasa settings, but this is awfully weird!

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Sep 24 2013, 11:59pm

Post #6 of 17 (103 views)
Shortcut
These may be different--maybe they'll work better? [In reply to] Can't Post

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/LcpjJXKATYMOJhBLJ9kIcBTXmMlUCbN9IE2_LQ-wU_g?feat=directlink (to replace that next-to-last link)

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/GeqWs-FFQEY1_UFWNqFwXRTXmMlUCbN9IE2_LQ-wU_g?feat=directlink (To replace the last link)

https://picasaweb.google.com/notesedit/September212013?authkey=Gv1sRgCJmZkoTN88SZcw&feat=directlink#5926966811339410034 (To replace the link under the map)

Thanks for your help!

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 25 2013, 12:22am

Post #7 of 17 (88 views)
Shortcut
This is very odd. [In reply to] Can't Post

I am getting error messages on all picasaweb images, not only yours. It comes up as an "internal server error", so maybe it's temporary? It'll be difficult to help while I can't see them, though. Frown

I'll put a call out to the other Admins to drop by and see if they can use the links and help you out.

Silverlode

"Dark is the water of Kheled-zâram, and cold are the springs of Kibil-nâla, and fair were the many-pillared halls of Khazad-dűm in Elder Days before the fall of mighty kings beneath the stone."

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Sep 25 2013, 12:36am

Post #8 of 17 (87 views)
Shortcut
Could there be a bug or a glitch on the TORn website? [In reply to] Can't Post

That is strange!

Saruman, I'm sure of it (because we pilfered Orthanc for our gift shopSly).

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 25 2013, 12:41am

Post #9 of 17 (92 views)
Shortcut
Not TORN [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm getting a Google error page.

Silverlode

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Sep 25 2013, 12:46am

Post #10 of 17 (87 views)
Shortcut
Hmm. That's beyond me! I can still [In reply to] Can't Post

make them work from here (except that one I mentioned).

Do we need Inferno for this?

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 25 2013, 12:54am

Post #11 of 17 (89 views)
Shortcut
It's possible [In reply to] Can't Post

that I'm just running into a local issue and someone from a different area wouldn't have any trouble. I've left a message on the Admin board for others to come take a look. Hopefully the problem is just me. Smile

Silverlode

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Sep 25 2013, 1:01am

Post #12 of 17 (85 views)
Shortcut
All done [In reply to] Can't Post

I can see all the links and was able to edit them into your post. I think you either had bad links to begin with (maybe a character or two was cut off), or there was a glitch on picassa that made the links bad. Either way, they work fine now, plus it seems like you're doing fine, otherwise, when you insert pictures and/or links.

Chalk it up to another glitch in the internet matrix (but not on TORn's end)!

Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Sep 25 2013, 1:05am

Post #13 of 17 (84 views)
Shortcut
Clarification [In reply to] Can't Post

I can see the new links you gave. The old ones were giving me the same error message it sounds like Silvelode was getting. I'm betting it was some glitch at picassa because otherwise you seem to be doing great with inserting pictures and links! So, nothing wrong with your abilities or TORn.

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Magpie
Immortal

Sep 25 2013, 1:12am

Post #14 of 17 (80 views)
Shortcut
did you get the attachment issue sorted out? [In reply to] Can't Post

You just choose a file from your computer, I'm betting it can't have spaces in the name (although I can't say for sure without trying it out) and it has to be under the file size limit which is somewhere around 45KB.

Below the compose window is the Attachment controls. Choose file and click 'Upload Attachment'.

That's it. You tick the inline if you want to make an image inline but if it's just an attachment, you don't need to do that. I've attached mp3 files and I think some people have attached docs and pdfs.

Links to my image posting tutorial is in my footer so you just have to find one of my posts to access it.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Sep 25 2013, 2:30am

Post #15 of 17 (92 views)
Shortcut
Thanks so much! [In reply to] Can't Post

These photo sharing sites can give people (conniption fits" as my grandma would have said!CrazyEvil)

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Sep 25 2013, 3:05am

Post #16 of 17 (73 views)
Shortcut
Yes, thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

I was in such a dither, I completely forgot it was right there in your footer!Blush

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Sep 25 2013, 3:28am

Post #17 of 17 (103 views)
Shortcut
Of course! [In reply to] Can't Post

The second set of links you provided were golden. All you needed was someone to help get them in to your post. Smile

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.