Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
I know a way to celebrate banned books week for you guys...

RosieBaggins
Rivendell

Sep 23 2013, 11:31pm

Views: 306
Shortcut
I know a way to celebrate banned books week for you guys... Can't Post

It is that time of year again, the part where my library puts up a banned book display and encourages the reading of them. Many great books are on the list of banned books, so it is not surprising that Lord of the Rings is #40 on the American Library Association's list of banned books. The Hobbit is on the list as well. Anyone else going to celebrate the week and your freedom by reading by reading one of those wonderful, "shocking" books?

My progress so far on my walk to Rivendell
I have traveled 71 miles
I have passed Buckleberry Ferry.
It is 2 miles to the next landmark.
I have 387 miles until I reach Rivendell.

Subject User Time
I know a way to celebrate banned books week for you guys... RosieBaggins Send a private message to RosieBaggins Sep 23 2013, 11:31pm
    Just Curious IdrilofGondolin Send a private message to IdrilofGondolin Sep 24 2013, 12:53am
        This site explains the silly reasons RosieBaggins Send a private message to RosieBaggins Sep 24 2013, 1:34am
            Thanks // Loresilme Send a private message to Loresilme Sep 24 2013, 3:02pm
    Thanks! demnation Send a private message to demnation Sep 24 2013, 9:14am
        I know, it is crazy right! RosieBaggins Send a private message to RosieBaggins Sep 24 2013, 4:36pm
        This kind of thing sherlock Send a private message to sherlock Sep 24 2013, 5:00pm
            Those people irritate me as well. RosieBaggins Send a private message to RosieBaggins Sep 24 2013, 5:26pm
            Confuse 'em with facts Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Sep 24 2013, 5:52pm
                That's what I would have said if I was sherlock Send a private message to sherlock Sep 24 2013, 6:39pm
                    I know what you mean. RosieBaggins Send a private message to RosieBaggins Sep 24 2013, 6:49pm
                        L'esprit de l'escalier Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Sep 24 2013, 7:25pm
                            Escalator wit & sherlock Send a private message to sherlock Sep 25 2013, 12:59pm
    Donated "And Tango Makes Three" to the local library. Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Sep 24 2013, 7:39pm
        It may be the way people are, but it is still annoying RosieBaggins Send a private message to RosieBaggins Sep 24 2013, 7:50pm
        Bless your sweet heart <3 // Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Sep 24 2013, 10:23pm
        Better to be a donor than a loser, I thinků// noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Sep 25 2013, 8:46pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.