Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Reading Room:
I have never considered Gimli's passage to the West an oddity.

ElendilTheShort
Rohan

Sep 23 2013, 8:14am

Views: 146
Shortcut
I have never considered Gimli's passage to the West an oddity. [In reply to] Can't Post

Remember the Ring quest in the context of it's time is only equalled by Beren and Luthien's feat and in some ways surpasses it as it results in the defeat of the great evil of the time and in fact the defeat of the last incarnation of a great evil within the world.

This reward for any member of the Fellowship if they so chose it seems fitting under the right circumstances.

Subject User Time
Tolkien writes his own fan fiction? (Gimli gets the boat) noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Sep 21 2013, 2:51pm
    Dwarves: ICU saves and sailing West Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Sep 21 2013, 6:06pm
        Thorin's on Long Island? Kim Send a private message to Kim Sep 21 2013, 7:20pm
            (*hurriedly shuts bedroom door*) Nothing to see here!!!!! // Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Sep 21 2013, 7:35pm
                Back away from the door slowly Kim Send a private message to Kim Sep 21 2013, 7:44pm
    Now look what you've done NoWiz! elaen32 Send a private message to elaen32 Sep 21 2013, 7:51pm
        Good nursing is key. Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Sep 21 2013, 8:02pm
            Yes, but not in a chocolate filled hot tub! elaen32 Send a private message to elaen32 Sep 21 2013, 8:26pm
                But its very therapeutic...!!!!! (puppy dog look) // Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Sep 21 2013, 8:29pm
                    Emergency basoapical de-hauberking noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Sep 21 2013, 8:43pm
                        It'll be easy compared to some of the piercings I have had to cut free Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Sep 21 2013, 8:49pm
                            I forgot - nobody phases a nurse! noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Sep 21 2013, 9:09pm
                        Love it!// elaen32 Send a private message to elaen32 Sep 21 2013, 10:20pm
    Back to your OP... Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Sep 21 2013, 9:21pm
        Shadowfax gets to go west too, it seems noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Sep 21 2013, 9:32pm
            Debate topics Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Sep 21 2013, 9:54pm
                Easy!! elaen32 Send a private message to elaen32 Sep 21 2013, 10:19pm
                    (hahahaaahaaa!!!!!) Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Sep 21 2013, 10:48pm
                    I expect so… noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Sep 22 2013, 7:42am
                        Is that 'Canuckling' ???? Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Sep 22 2013, 4:17pm
                            Well, as long as it's not ugly canuckling! // noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Sep 22 2013, 4:36pm
    I have never considered Gimli's passage to the West an oddity. ElendilTheShort Send a private message to ElendilTheShort Sep 23 2013, 8:14am
    Definitely Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Sep 25 2013, 1:43pm
        it is said Hamfast Gamgee Send a private message to Hamfast Gamgee Sep 26 2013, 11:12pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.