Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
where is the publicity?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

flameofudun
Lorien

Sep 22 2013, 8:27pm

Post #1 of 36 (1460 views)
Shortcut
where is the publicity? Can't Post

its hobbit day, and it doesnt look like we are even going to get a single scrap of information... sad.

''We are very dangerous over short distances''

-Gimli

cats16
Valinor

Sep 22 2013, 8:31pm

Post #2 of 36 (698 views)
Shortcut
The day isn't over yet. [In reply to] Can't Post

Don't want to sound argumentative, but it's still midday in the U.S, where WB will be posting things.

So maybe there's still hope. I have been hoping for something too.Smile

LordotRings93
Rohan

Sep 22 2013, 8:44pm

Post #3 of 36 (713 views)
Shortcut
Gotta admit [In reply to] Can't Post

Publicity/advertising for these movies has been total crap. Back when LOTR came out it was everywhere, you had the toys, books, video games, shirts, in the stores, but for The Hobbit, my local Walmart barely has any Hobbit merchandise, aside from the LEGO sets, they don't even carry the figures. You'd think today would be a great day to start up the advertising stunt, yet WB seems not to care about TH, when AUJ made a billion at the box office.

Lover of Medieval Fantasy
"I know what I must do. It's just... I'm afraid to do it."

Semper Fi
Rohan

Sep 22 2013, 8:46pm

Post #4 of 36 (669 views)
Shortcut
There are 2 other threads addressing the same question [In reply to] Can't Post

but the gist is that Hobbit is known enough (including month of release) that it doesn't require 24/7 marketing. They'll start bombarding the public closer to release and especially after other attractions (most of them from November) open.

"RadagaStoner deserves no mercy!" Tauriel the Radagast Slayer, the Chief of Inglorious Elfguards

Tauriel saved us from Itaril. Never forget.

Welsh hero
Gondor

Sep 22 2013, 8:47pm

Post #5 of 36 (713 views)
Shortcut
It may be Hobbit day but [In reply to] Can't Post

it's also a Sunday

-Irfon

Twitter: @IrfonPennant
middle earth timeline FB: https://www.facebook.com/MiddleEarth1

Semper Fi
Rohan

Sep 22 2013, 8:55pm

Post #6 of 36 (694 views)
Shortcut
LOTR's totally different case [In reply to] Can't Post

FOTR was a franchise starter so that always comes with higher marketing saturation than established franchise aka sequels.

Then TTT and ROTK were considered awards contenders on heels of FOTR nominations and wins, so the studio had to keep the buzz alive around the year.

Finally, LOTR was the only NLC tentpole. They had nothing else remotely as big so they were milking it24/7 for all its worth by releasing all sorts of merchandise and keeping the interest alive. OTOH, Hobbit is just one of several big franchises for WB. I'm sure that they are still making more money off Potter and Batman toys and tie-ins than off Bilbo&co toys,etc.

Also, it isn't that WB doesn't care, but when your sequel/prequel makes a billion, you don't have to hype its sequel as much as a sequel to a movie that didn't make a billion. Such as MoS. That didn't come close to it hence Batman vs Superman hype machine having started already although the movie's coming out in 2015. Things that sell easily don't need marketing overkill. And WB obviously deems Hobbit to be such sell.

"RadagaStoner deserves no mercy!" Tauriel the Radagast Slayer, the Chief of Inglorious Elfguards

Semper Fi
Rohan

Sep 22 2013, 8:56pm

Post #7 of 36 (680 views)
Shortcut
Voice of reason [In reply to] Can't Post

hits the nail on the head. Smile

Alex Maglor
Bree

Sep 22 2013, 9:02pm

Post #8 of 36 (689 views)
Shortcut
Well... [In reply to] Can't Post

You have this!

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Sep 22 2013, 11:32pm)

Semper Fi
Rohan

Sep 22 2013, 9:21pm

Post #9 of 36 (646 views)
Shortcut
I think OP meant DoS promo not more AUJ promo [In reply to] Can't Post

even though it is related.

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Sep 22 2013, 11:33pm

Post #10 of 36 (570 views)
Shortcut
Alex, [In reply to] Can't Post

I had to remove those images as they are massively oversized. Feel free to resize them as per our FAQs (the relevant part is below) and repost them within this thread.

The specific guidelines for posting pictures within the message body of your post are as follows: the maximum size of any picture posted should be 525 wide x 400 pixels high (or a better measure is: 210,000 pixels squared - width x height), but no wider than 670 pixels. The maximum file size per picture should be 45k. The cumulative file size of all pictures in one post should not exceed 225k (5 pictures of the maximum filesize of 45k, 10 pictures of a filesize of 22.5k, etc.). These guidelnes apply to pictures hosted on other sites as well as to pictures posted as attachments to your post. For more detailed help on posting within a message body, check out Magpie's step-by-step TORn Image Posting Guide.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Sep 23 2013, 12:12pm

Post #11 of 36 (450 views)
Shortcut
Right?!!! I have been keeping my powder dry, my voice low and my wandlight dim. . . but [In reply to] Can't Post

now it really does look like they are doing a poor job. The only place THe Hobbit is being marketed is on HBO, because they mean to capitalize on their viewers with every blockbuster movie they get.

I almost cannot belive no Vlog was released yesterday. I don't expect a trailer until October, but no Vlog either? Autumn is upon us. There are only two complete months left between now and Smaug. Two months from this day would mark the 23rd of November, a mere three weeks from December 13. Its time to get off their butts and start promoting this film if they want another 300 million dollar mega-blockbuster. There are still lots of people who don't even know there is going to BE another Hobbit movie. Not everyone has spent the past two or three years of their lives mulling over Ring related news. They need to start advertising. Its October. The way things movie, Halloween will be her in what will seem like the day after Tomorrow, and after that, Hobbit Time, unless the general public has in no way been primed to register that a Big Holiday event Hobbit movie is coming out.

With nothing aside from a Medea movie to provide any real competition (and that only to a select comedy seeking audience), Smaug should be THE go to movie of the early Winter Holiday/Chirstmas season. I don't expect 47 Ronin to provide major competition, despite being a movie of similar genre. Forbidden Kingdom's profits probably are in line with what Ronin will do. The dinosaur movie is a speculative documentary, not a singing and dancing animated bonanza, so, again, I don't expect a super challenge their. Unless WB allows their all but gaurunteed juggernaut to be out marketed by other companies that take promotion more seriously.

In Reply To
its hobbit day, and it doesnt look like we are even going to get a single scrap of information... sad.

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

easterlingchief1
Rivendell

Sep 23 2013, 8:00pm

Post #12 of 36 (350 views)
Shortcut
For once I agree with you AO [In reply to] Can't Post

The almost non-existant marketing for DOS (here in the States anyways) is mind boggling. Warners has been making a lot of noise here in LA about shoring up their brands, and yet so far only the DC Universe and Harry Potter (which is getting a sorta prequel series now) are getting all the attention while the MIddle Earth franchise is going untouted.

If I were Jeff Robinov, I would seriously consider a shake up in the maketing team overseeing the Hobbit. Even if they are waiting for materials to arrive from PJ, that's no reason why the marketing people can't put something to remind people the film is coming out in less than three months.

I wonder, is the lack of marketing due to the fact that the first film didn't perform as well as expected? It can't be the reviews since, once all is said and done, studios dont care an ounce about reviews. Is The Hobbit being punished because it failed to do Avatar/Avenger's-style business? After all it only really recouped double its budget, which in Hollywood terms is a write-off?

If that's the case, then someone has to examine the heads of Robinov and the rest of the Warner's brass. If anything, they should be promoting this thing as THE early winter movie event.

Just because the film's only real competition is the latest Medea romp doesn't mean you can skimp on marketing. Tyler Perry would KILL to have his film open #1 in front of Desolation of Smaug. More importantly, if Warners wants to avoid that embarrassment, they better get the ball rolling ASAP.

Dipling
Rivendell

Sep 23 2013, 8:24pm

Post #13 of 36 (346 views)
Shortcut
Soon [In reply to] Can't Post

As stated from our user TheHutt, something will come soon:
http://www.henneth-annun.ru/
(google translate) Wink

(This post was edited by Dipling on Sep 23 2013, 8:25pm)

Noria
Rohan

Sep 23 2013, 8:48pm

Post #14 of 36 (326 views)
Shortcut
I'm still not worried. [In reply to] Can't Post

Though I am a bit disappointed that Hobbit Day went completely unmarked.

I think that anyone who is interested and saw AUJ knows that there will be a sequel. All that the PR people have to do is make it known that that sequel is coming, it's coming, it's here!

I exaggerate. I think there should be another trailer,TV spots, interview and articles etc. to get people excited maybe closer to the release date. I still trust that will happen.

Semper Fi
Rohan

Sep 23 2013, 9:02pm

Post #15 of 36 (309 views)
Shortcut
I get you are sarcastic but Tyler Perry could never open over DoS [In reply to] Can't Post

Its audience is limited. Even if DoS received ZERO marketing it would open much higher then TP because fanbase is bigger (and they know when it's coming out).

There's no reason to panic because, as stated before, established franchise doesn't need around the year hype. They'll dial it up most likely from next month onwards.

As for Hobbit being punished for not reaching numbers that no one expected it to reach anyway (Avatar? seriously? Someone actually expected that? Lol, who? Not Jeff Robinov?), that just doesn't make any sense. It's a big money maker for the studio on more levels than just boxoffice (tie-ins, merchandise, TV rights,etc). No punishment. Just doesn't need overmarketing like sequels to movies that made lesser numbers (MoS for example, which is why WB is hyping Batman vs Superman already, and why they shoe-horned Batman so early into Superman franchise).

easterlingchief1
Rivendell

Sep 23 2013, 11:02pm

Post #16 of 36 (272 views)
Shortcut
RE: I might have been hasty in my post, but... [In reply to] Can't Post

Of course I'm exaggerating about Madea beating Frodo, but I'm not being sarcastic when I say mainstream Hollywood is always wary of a Tyler Perry release. With the exception of his last couple films (I'm excluding Alex Cross), he extremely bankable. This is especially true for the Madea projects. Also, say what you will about him (I've got complaints about his films but this forum's not the place to discus them) he's found a way to stay very visible in the public eye, even beyond the confines of his predominantly black, female audience.

Also, while I admit I might have been a little hasty when I said Robinov and Co were punishing the Hobbit for not being a mega-blockbuster, I still feel there's a bit of trepidation this time around because of the lower than projected BO receipts. 1 billion is nothing to sniff that, but the fact is the WB invested $500 million in the project, which did not include marketing mind you. They were probably hoping every one of the films would give them a 4X return on their overall investment. These are the rewards New Line reaped with the Rings films after all. But, even setting aside my own opinion on the last film, that simply wasn't the case here.

Are PJ and Co being punished for not making more money for Warners? Not necessarily. But I wouldn't be surprised if the reason Warners was being very wishy washy about the marketing for DOS was because they wanted to reduce their overhead.

Also, you can't tell me that sequels aren't hyped up in equal measure to their predecessors. Using your Man of Steel 2 example, I guarantee you the public will be inundated with a ton of promo material when we're 10-12 months out from release.

LordotRings93
Rohan

Sep 23 2013, 11:33pm

Post #17 of 36 (274 views)
Shortcut
Wow [In reply to] Can't Post

That's some great news, and surprised no one else has responded to this. In about 2 weeks, then, I say we'll get a new trailer.

Lover of Medieval Fantasy
"I know what I must do. It's just... I'm afraid to do it."

cats16
Valinor

Sep 24 2013, 12:03am

Post #18 of 36 (265 views)
Shortcut
Looks like... [In reply to] Can't Post

It will indeed play alongside Gravity, then.

JWPlatt
Grey Havens

Sep 24 2013, 3:14am

Post #19 of 36 (231 views)
Shortcut
Ripenessosity [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
For once I agree with you AO..

Oddly, AO is always agreeable to me, but for once I don't agree. I think it's simple impatience of rabid fans who want themselves spoiled (or are already too spoiled to put up with waiting). Whatever time period WB Marketing thinks is right, I suspect about 80 days and five hours (in Helsinki, according to a TDOS page on Countdown.org) is too much. WB is waiting for the time to be ripe so that too much time does not go by after their Marketing orgy such that people forget, making it a wasted investment. They might want a build-up to a climax of Marketing to hit just as the film is being released to your local theaters. Eighty days of tease is just too long. Most people (we're not most people) will either forget or get so annoyed of being promised "opening soon" dragging on for nearly three months that they'll refuse to go just because they don't like all the noise going on for too darned long. WB is great at cynical behavior, so I suspect its Marketing department is doing something genius to manipulate us in just the right way to do anything, spend anything, to see the movie when it comes out. Not that any of you need convincing.

(This post was edited by JWPlatt on Sep 24 2013, 3:19am)

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Sep 24 2013, 4:28am

Post #20 of 36 (205 views)
Shortcut
Do we disagree often? Eh, well, no matter. We strongly agree here. lol [In reply to] Can't Post

And I don't doubt Perry would do in an entire dinner party with hemlock to beat DOS in opening, as it would gauruntee a 100 million dollar plus blockbuster status for his movie, probably in the first two weeks, guarunteeing the largest single film profit he has ever seen.

I don't think that will happen.

Nevertheless, WB should be building DOS up to be THE CINEMA EVENT of the Winter Holiday season. It is borderline criminal neglegince for them not to do so. And to do that properly requires build up. That means they should be increasingly ramping things up throughout the Autumn, starting now, not pilling everything at once at the last minute.

I can understand dissapointment about a Rings followup not making 500 million in the states, though it did meet the Billion dollar global mark. Alot of that was their own fault (and partly Peter's to) via all the last minute changes, back and forth, the alterations etc. etc. etc. and general confusion, the HFR enforcement that made for reviews that were more mixed than they otherwise would have been and so on. Yet, this was their second most lucrative film last year, and Desolation SHOULD be their MOST lucrative film this year, if properly marketed. Most audiences also lloved the first film, which bodes well. THey should be trying to capitalize on the profit this movie makes, not hamstringing it because the first film did extraordinaily well as opposed to record shattering. You don't throw one of your top profit yielding franchises, and one of the most lucrative in history, under the bus just because it wasn't quite as astoundingly successful as the top draw of another company, whose profits you will see exactly zero percent of.

This should be being hyped as THE Movie of The Winter Holiday, as I said. Thor and Hunger Games will duel for Thanksgiving, but Christmas/New Year is the BIG Frigid Seasons event time, when extended breaks etc. are pervasive and lots of people head back out to the cinema. A movie marketed well and tied to The Holidays can be phenomenally sucessful. They need to take full advantage of this. At the moment, they don't seem to be doing so.

In Reply To
The almost non-existant marketing for DOS (here in the States anyways) is mind boggling. Warners has been making a lot of noise here in LA about shoring up their brands, and yet so far only the DC Universe and Harry Potter (which is getting a sorta prequel series now) are getting all the attention while the MIddle Earth franchise is going untouted.

If I were Jeff Robinov, I would seriously consider a shake up in the maketing team overseeing the Hobbit. Even if they are waiting for materials to arrive from PJ, that's no reason why the marketing people can't put something to remind people the film is coming out in less than three months.

I wonder, is the lack of marketing due to the fact that the first film didn't perform as well as expected? It can't be the reviews since, once all is said and done, studios dont care an ounce about reviews. Is The Hobbit being punished because it failed to do Avatar/Avenger's-style business? After all it only really recouped double its budget, which in Hollywood terms is a write-off?

If that's the case, then someone has to examine the heads of Robinov and the rest of the Warner's brass. If anything, they should be promoting this thing as THE early winter movie event.

Just because the film's only real competition is the latest Medea romp doesn't mean you can skimp on marketing. Tyler Perry would KILL to have his film open #1 in front of Desolation of Smaug. More importantly, if Warners wants to avoid that embarrassment, they better get the ball rolling ASAP.

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Sep 24 2013, 4:34am

Post #21 of 36 (225 views)
Shortcut
Not so. I have been stunned, but I have encountered people who do NOT know there is a second movie. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Though I am a bit disappointed that Hobbit Day went completely unmarked.

I think that anyone who is interested and saw AUJ knows that there will be a sequel. All that the PR people have to do is make it known that that sequel is coming, it's coming, it's here!

I exaggerate. I think there should be another trailer,TV spots, interview and articles etc. to get people excited maybe closer to the release date. I still trust that will happen.

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Sep 24 2013, 4:54am

Post #22 of 36 (204 views)
Shortcut
Oh, definitely not on par with Hobbit flux, However, as you say [In reply to] Can't Post

very bankable. He hit paydirt by creating an iconic character like Madea, who relays the image of the comic, no nonsense, larger than life black, sassy female matron that is very familiar as a figure in American culture and has been for decades. I really would preffer it if his movie didn't open on the same weekend as DOS, not because I remotely fear it beating Smaug in the box office, but because there is, believe it or not, a section of crossover audience which falls into the "will see Madea" and "will see Hobbit movies" fraction of the Venn Diagram, and there may be as much as ten million dollars or so that might be lost FROM Smaug to Medea in that much touted opening weekend. I.E. Medea's 25 to 35 million dollar opening could include up to 10 million that would have taken, say, a 90million dollar Smaug opening to 100 million had the films opened on different weekends.

I do think Hobbit could have made more. I think graphically showing the head of Thror combined with having one or two excessively silly moments with Radagast (I really think if they had toned him down in just a few places, he would have been just fine, and I actually enjoyed much of his screentime EXCEPT when he went from eccentric in a moderately comic, charming way to obtrusively clownish). It was too much dichotomy in two small a face. They straddled the fence,and as some have said, "when you try to straddle the fence, you are apt to bust your. . . behind." I think the combination made the film simultaneously just a notch too mature for one audience demographic, and too childish for another. More tight editing of just a couple scenes, paricularly the ones mentioned, might have resulted in a different reaction. The forcing of HFR on critics who were not ready was another problem. Hopeful projections were of a perfect storm, where every still living member of the Rings Audicence showed up for THe Hobbit, added to by all the people who came to Hobbit through dvd and cable, including those too young to have seen it in its theatrical run, and further boosted by families just wanting to take the kids to a magical Winter movie. They received some of all of that, but not the maximum capacity which might have, with inflation, resulted in a 530 plus million dollar film for them, IF it had all come together just right. Nevertheless, An Unexpected made a TON of money, and they should be working hard to ensure that Desolation makes just as much, sense from this point it is all net. If they spend 100 million in advertising and this movie makes another 300 plus million, it is a solid win, since there are no more production costs to bother with.

In Reply To
Of course I'm exaggerating about Madea beating Frodo, but I'm not being sarcastic when I say mainstream Hollywood is always wary of a Tyler Perry release. With the exception of his last couple films (I'm excluding Alex Cross), he extremely bankable. This is especially true for the Madea projects. Also, say what you will about him (I've got complaints about his films but this forum's not the place to discus them) he's found a way to stay very visible in the public eye, even beyond the confines of his predominantly black, female audience.

Also, while I admit I might have been a little hasty when I said Robinov and Co were punishing the Hobbit for not being a mega-blockbuster, I still feel there's a bit of trepidation this time around because of the lower than projected BO receipts. 1 billion is nothing to sniff that, but the fact is the WB invested $500 million in the project, which did not include marketing mind you. They were probably hoping every one of the films would give them a 4X return on their overall investment. These are the rewards New Line reaped with the Rings films after all. But, even setting aside my own opinion on the last film, that simply wasn't the case here.

Are PJ and Co being punished for not making more money for Warners? Not necessarily. But I wouldn't be surprised if the reason Warners was being very wishy washy about the marketing for DOS was because they wanted to reduce their overhead.

Also, you can't tell me that sequels aren't hyped up in equal measure to their predecessors. Using your Man of Steel 2 example, I guarantee you the public will be inundated with a ton of promo material when we're 10-12 months out from release.

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Sep 24 2013, 5:02am

Post #23 of 36 (193 views)
Shortcut
Aww, you know I love ya Platt, and your disagreement on this minor matter won't change that. [In reply to] Can't Post

Still hugging you for the support in that thread on the Third Age Powers, Galadriel=/=Glinda, Gandalf =/= Huckster Oz etc. etc. Can't believe its had over 19,000 views! I either said something very right or very wrong. . . both, I suppose, depending on who is asked. lol

I haven't been over concerned about the marketing, but it did startle me that nothing came on or about Hobbit Day. I felt the Trailer in April and the Vlog in June were, more or less, good enough, but this is the time during which posters should be filling Theatres and promotion should be ramping up. There should have been a vlog this month, to stoke the fans, and to get the free promo of rabid fans sharing it to all their more casual fan friends. I still expect an October trailer, which is about right. Hopefully lots of theater chains will opt to run it before Thror for high publicity in November as well (by that time, theaters decide what trailers run with what movie, so it seems probable that they will do so to maximize butts in seats at their establishments). "There is still time," but it is fast slipping away. If you are going to market a film as THE Cinema event of The Winter, you have to have already started doing so ere and at least around the time Halloween rolls around.

In Reply To

In Reply To
For once I agree with you AO..

Oddly, AO is always agreeable to me, but for once I don't agree. I think it's simple impatience of rabid fans who want themselves spoiled (or are already too spoiled to put up with waiting). Whatever time period WB Marketing thinks is right, I suspect about 80 days and five hours (in Helsinki, according to a TDOS page on Countdown.org) is too much. WB is waiting for the time to be ripe so that too much time does not go by after their Marketing orgy such that people forget, making it a wasted investment. They might want a build-up to a climax of Marketing to hit just as the film is being released to your local theaters. Eighty days of tease is just too long. Most people (we're not most people) will either forget or get so annoyed of being promised "opening soon" dragging on for nearly three months that they'll refuse to go just because they don't like all the noise going on for too darned long. WB is great at cynical behavior, so I suspect its Marketing department is doing something genius to manipulate us in just the right way to do anything, spend anything, to see the movie when it comes out. Not that any of you need convincing.

Semper Fi
Rohan

Sep 24 2013, 1:03pm

Post #24 of 36 (159 views)
Shortcut
Sorry I'm not following "lower than projected receipts" [In reply to] Can't Post

was there ever any real studio projection or fans went "if The Avengers could make _______ than prequel to LOTR will certainly make more"? For on latter case, it isn't a projection but a typical fandom war where bad biased calls are made all the time.

AUJ made slightly over a billion which has to be in range of expectations, not below. Granted, when you take out 3D and inflation, well even before that, it's obivous that portion of fandom didn't return but that's typical of any franchise. People move on to other things, new franchises become favorites, so each loses some fans. And AUJ isn't exactly about the same characters from LOTR either.

IMO, more than ramping up 24-7 marketing, the content of it is far more important than quantity. Take Thor 2 for example. They don't reveal too much but what they do is what people want to see in the first place - Thor and Loki. All trailers and spots are about them, not about possible new characters. I never understood the idea to try to introduce a new character in trailers and warm the public for him/her. That's stupid. Beloved characters sell the movie and new characters become favorites when a movie is seen, not in 2-3 minutes snippets. So no wonder Thor 2 is rnaked #2 in social media mentions and DoS #8 (accoridng to Variety). I'd say that focus on Elves and new characters confuses causal fans. It's like marketing a totally different movie. TTT trailers and spots never did that. They had a fare share of new faces but they weren't the focus over characters we loved from FOTR.

Rembrethil
Tol Eressea

Sep 24 2013, 1:33pm

Post #25 of 36 (166 views)
Shortcut
I had a person come into the shop... [In reply to] Can't Post

Where I work, the day after AUJ was released on DVD/Blu-ray. They bought another copy of AUJ, came back 15 minutes later, returned it, and complained because they thought that it was DOS, all the while reviling us for not stocking it!!!

There are quite a few casual viewers,(In talking to them, I tried to explain that it worked like LotR, but they had never seen it) who will be/are excited to follow the adventures of Bilbo.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.