The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: The Arena:
Gandalf VS Magneto and Saruman VS Count Dooku

Elskidor
Rohan

Sep 21 2013, 11:32pm

Post #1 of 3 (1117 views)
Shortcut
Gandalf VS Magneto and Saruman VS Count Dooku Can't Post

Okies, this may be more of a challenge. I'll let you all decide.

Ziggy Stardust
Gondor

Sep 22 2013, 11:47pm

Post #2 of 3 (1152 views)
Shortcut
Gandalf and Saruman [In reply to] Can't Post

They're both wizards, and have powers beyond both Magneto and (as far as I know) Count Dooku. Even if Magneto has the power to bend metal, I'm sure Gandalf would be able to repel it with his wizardly, angelic powers.

Fredeghar Wayfarer
Lorien

Oct 1 2013, 5:15am

Post #3 of 3 (1028 views)
Shortcut
Gandalf and Saruman (maybe) [In reply to] Can't Post

It's hard to say for certain, as the Wizards' powers were vague and ill-defined. But as angelic beings, I imagine they would be more powerful than a mutant and a Sith Lord. Magneto could disarm Gandalf of Glamdring and Narya (both made of metal). And he would target the iron in Gandalf's blood. A meat-rich Middle-earth diet would likely have a decent amount. But Gandalf would still have an array of power without his weapons and could fight through the pain. If the Secret Fire can pierce the Balrog's shadow and flame, I think it can pierce electromagnetic energy. Magneto, you shall not pass!

Saruman vs. Dooku would be a bit tougher, due to the Count's Force powers. I envision this going much like Saruman and Gandalf's fight in Fellowship -- a lot of gesturing and grunting and lines of invisible force smacking them both around. Also, since they're essentially the same character, Saruman would try to convince Dooku to join with Sauron and Dooku would try to convince Saruman to join with Darth Sidious. It comes down to what's stronger -- the persuasive power of Saruman's voice or Jedi mind tricks. Saruman's mind is not as weak as those who fall for that stuff so I think he could resist. Could Dooku? He strikes me as weaker of will than Saruman but this could go either way.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.