Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
When I read books to elementary school kids...

Magpie
Immortal

Sep 16 2013, 3:47pm

Views: 93
Shortcut
When I read books to elementary school kids... [In reply to] Can't Post

I had a unit on Dreams where I covered all the different sorts of 'dreams': sleeping dreams, aspirations, goals, etc.

I used Calvin and Hobbes strips for 'daydreams'

I don't bother reading many comic strips in the paper these days. I wish I had an ignore button for most of them. But I miss C&H.

I used to have this strip on my refrigerator to remind myself to find the humor in mothering.

http://bythelbs.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/scan0003.jpg

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Subject User Time
Calling all Calvin and Hobbes fans RachellovesLOTR Send a private message to RachellovesLOTR Sep 16 2013, 1:00am
    *raises hand* Silverlode Send a private message to Silverlode Sep 16 2013, 1:24am
    Yep, another one here. Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Sep 16 2013, 1:30am
    Me too! Lissuin Send a private message to Lissuin Sep 16 2013, 11:47am
    Me too Lily Brambleburr Send a private message to Lily Brambleburr Sep 16 2013, 1:15pm
    Loved this as a kid. I think I still might have a book or two floating around the place. Elessar Send a private message to Elessar Sep 16 2013, 2:56pm
    Yes, Genius. Mat Send a private message to Mat Sep 16 2013, 3:07pm
    We have three or four of the books, at least. Werde Spinner Send a private message to Werde Spinner Sep 16 2013, 3:08pm
        Spaceman Spliff. Mat Send a private message to Mat Sep 16 2013, 3:09pm
    When I read books to elementary school kids... Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Sep 16 2013, 3:47pm
    C&H is one of the best! Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Sep 16 2013, 4:41pm
        YES Mat Send a private message to Mat Sep 16 2013, 4:45pm
    Loved them... Donry Send a private message to Donry Sep 16 2013, 10:25pm
    Two hands high in the air, one for Calvin, the other for The Grey Elf Send a private message to The Grey Elf Sep 17 2013, 12:20am
    I'll read C&H anywhere, anytime. squire Send a private message to squire Sep 17 2013, 1:15am
    Looooove Calvin and Hobbes! // zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Sep 17 2013, 5:07am
    Yes, yes, yes! Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Sep 17 2013, 3:31pm
    One of my favorites Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Sep 17 2013, 3:35pm
    Calvin and Hobbes is still my favorite comic strip Eldorion Send a private message to Eldorion Sep 17 2013, 4:40pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.