Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Beorns screentime

DuBekar
Rivendell

Sep 15 2013, 2:16pm

Post #1 of 7 (605 views)
Shortcut
Beorns screentime Can't Post

How long will Beorns screentime be? Of course no one knows for sure, except maybe PJ himself, but what do you
think? Will it be more than in the book? I really hope we see him togheter with Gandalf and Raddy in Dol
Goldur :)

Well Mikael Persbrandt has said in a interview that Beorns adaption will be more extended than in the book :) And also, WHY oh WHY haven't he been in many interviews? Are they really keeping him so secret, or is it m ore like that he doesn't want to get interviewed? Give me some thoughts, i really can't wait for some more Beorn info :)

" Why, O people of Noldor! Fëanor cried. Why should we longer serve the jealous Valar, who cannot keep us nor even their own realm secure from their enemy? And though he be now their foe, are not they and he of one kin? Vengence calls me hence, but even were it otherwise I would not dwell longer in the same land with the kin of my father's slayer and of the thief of treasure. Yet i am not the only valiant in this valiant people. And have ye not all lost your King? And what else have ye not lost, cooped here in a narrow land between the mountains and the sea? Here once was light, that the Valar begrudged to middle-earth, but now dark levels all. Shall we mourn here deedless forever, a shadow-folk, mist-haunting, dropping vain tears in the thankless sea? Or shall we return to our home? In cuiviènen sweet ran the waters under uncloaded stars, and wide lands lay about, where a free people might walk. There they lie still and await us who in out folly forsook them. Come away! Let the cowards keep this city!"

AncalagontheBlack
Rohan

Sep 15 2013, 3:03pm

Post #2 of 7 (298 views)
Shortcut
More than the book [In reply to] Can't Post

From the little tidbits in the Hobbit Annual 2013 and the interviews with PJ, I expect it will be quite a bit more extensive than the book. It seems like there will be some dialogue between Beorn and Gandalf about Dol Guldor and the threat of the Necromancer in addition to how the book material is adapted. There may be more as it relates to Azog and the threat of Orcs/Goblins of the Misty Mountains. I would imagine TABA will have a little more than his Deus Ex arrival at the BoFA.

Fleuz
Lorien

Sep 15 2013, 3:35pm

Post #3 of 7 (272 views)
Shortcut
With that actor it must be... [In reply to] Can't Post

more of Beorn in the movies than in the book. Great screenplay whenever I see him in TV.

Also his appearance at the Bo5A must be more, deeper explained.
One of the characters I´m looking forward the most in the upcoming movies.

Arannir
Valinor

Sep 15 2013, 3:38pm

Post #4 of 7 (253 views)
Shortcut
I could see.. [In reply to] Can't Post

... him being involved in the DG subplot... it would make sense for him to be more concerned with the evil in Mirkwood than Erebor. Gandalf could persuade him then to join him on the path to the North and getting involved in the Bot5A.

“A dragon is no idle fancy. Whatever may be his origins, in fact or invention, the dragon in legend is a potent creation of men’s imagination, richer in significance than his barrow is in gold.” J.R.R. Tolkien

Words of wisdom that should be remembered - both by critics, purists and anyone in between.

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Sep 15 2013, 7:47pm

Post #5 of 7 (174 views)
Shortcut
can't wait for Beorn, i'm glad they are keeping him under wraps [In reply to] Can't Post

i wonder if he'll show up for the dol-guldur attack? that would be pretty awesome if he does.

take me down to the woodland realm where the trees are green and the elf women are pretty....Oh will you please take me home!!

sycorax82
Rohan

Sep 15 2013, 8:56pm

Post #6 of 7 (158 views)
Shortcut
We haven't seen him yet cause there's gonna be a big CGI element I feel [In reply to] Can't Post

Though I hope we don't see his look at all until December! I wish we hadn't seen Smaug's head either. Why did they want to put that in the teaser trailer, and with almost no fanfare. He should have been saved for at least the final trailer and maybe even then only the tiniest of glimpses.

Bombadil
Half-elven

Sep 16 2013, 2:01pm

Post #7 of 7 (78 views)
Shortcut
While on topic of Beorn, will we see him Transform?/// [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.