Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
It's FIESTA FRIDAY!!! Don't walk under the Ladder to get in!!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 13 2013, 3:59pm

Post #1 of 119 (243 views)
Shortcut
It's FIESTA FRIDAY!!! Don't walk under the Ladder to get in!! Can't Post

HOWDY FRIENDS!

Come on in and tell us how your week has been and what your plans are for the weekend!

I've just finished up the Fundraiser eBay Auction, and I'm DEFINITELY in the mood for a cold lemonade :)

So what will you have to drink, and tell us what's up :D

*slides quarter into jukebox* Bob Seger and his Old Time Rock n' Roll LIVE

sampleIt's Friday the 13th!

Light the Beacons: TheOneRing.net's Fellowship Fundraiser on eBay!

5th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - August 11, 2013
1st draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - August 11, 2013

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

RosieLass
Valinor

Sep 13 2013, 4:08pm

Post #2 of 119 (130 views)
Shortcut
It's a little damp here in Colorado... [In reply to] Can't Post

Here in the metro area, it's just rain. A lot of rain.

I posted a photo on Facebook yesterday of a flooded intersection in Aurora that's about a mile from our house. They still have several closed intersections and a couple of parks that are under water. There was even a sinkhole in one street.

We're in no danger where we live. We're on high ground, and in this part of town the issue is really just lack of adequate drainage for large amount of liquid water. Snow we can deal with. Rain is a problem.

The really big messes are north and east, more in Aunt Dora Baggins' neck of the woods.

So I'm here at work, drinking bad coffee. Tongue

"BOTH [political] extremes are dangerous. But more dangerous are team fanboys who think all the extremists are on the OTHER side." (CNN reader comment)

It is always those with the fewest sensible things to say who make the loudest noise in saying them. --Precious Ramotswe (Alexander McCall Smith)

Ardamírë
Valinor

Sep 13 2013, 4:09pm

Post #3 of 119 (119 views)
Shortcut
Orientation [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm currently on lunch break from my new job's orientation. It's going well, but it's a lot of information. I'm definitely looking forward to relaxing tonight and tomorrow.

To get through the rest of orientation, I'll need a pillow and a blanket. Failing that, I'll take 3 Mountain Dews, 2 Monsters, a cup of coffee, and a 5-hour energy shot. Tongue

Hope you have a lovely weekend, gramma!

'Twas in the Land of Willows that I heard th'unfathomed breath
Of the Horns of Ylmir calling - and shall hear them till my death.

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Sep 13 2013, 4:09pm

Post #4 of 119 (115 views)
Shortcut
Hey there, gramma! :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Not sure about plans for this weekend, actually, but I'll have a Summer Usual, please. :)

Thanks, and I hope you have a great weekend, gramma! *hugs*

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website: ListenUpReviews.com - Rockin' Choices In Entertainment!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 13 2013, 4:17pm

Post #5 of 119 (104 views)
Shortcut
Hey Evey!!! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

You know what... a quiet weekend sounds GREAT!! :D

Have a great one!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Sep 13 2013, 4:19pm

Post #6 of 119 (100 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 13 2013, 4:22pm

Post #7 of 119 (110 views)
Shortcut
*shuddger* Orientation!? [In reply to] Can't Post

Nahhh... you need to escape! But I'll DEW right by you, too!

HANG IN THERE!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 13 2013, 4:23pm

Post #8 of 119 (112 views)
Shortcut
Howdy Gramma! [In reply to] Can't Post

Did you get anything for yourself at the auction? They had a lot of fun stuff!

At work we decided it would be a "good" Friday. We handed out 30 graduation certificates today. A happy day for those students after working hard for 4 years.

Could I have an herbal tea with something against stress and to help me calm down. Pfew, still very busy at work. But it is fun! We have a couple of such fun projects. During the Dutch Design Week (end of October) our students (ICT) and students from the art department will collaborate on a project showing how much information you already show from your looks. They can do such fun stuff, 3D-scan, pictures. And if you know what kind of information a computer can get from your picture, wow!! And I'm going to be responsible for internal communications. Getting colleagues motivated to cooperate and come to the event. It is going to be fun!! But besides my normal job, this is a lot of work.

And now, weekend!!! Tomorrow homework. But Sunday celebrating a friends birthday, fun!

Have an amazing weekend y'all!!

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Sep 13 2013, 4:24pm

Post #9 of 119 (132 views)
Shortcut
The long-awaited (hopefully) photos [In reply to] Can't Post

Greetings, everyone, and a big hug for Gramma! Today is a good luck day for me---it's my older son's birthday. He was actually born on Friday the 13th, way back in another decade. Smile

I promised two or three weeks ago to post some photos from our August trip. Here's one of me in Iceland, with my right foot on the North American tectonic plate and my left on the Eurasian plate. The stake in the ground behind me marks the spot.

Here's what's in front of me, an apparently bottomless rift smelling, so help me, of sulfur, that widens and widens as you go south, at, they tell me, the same rate of speed at which your fingernails grow.

This is Thingvellir National Park in Iceland, where the original settlers set up a Parliament a thousand years ago. The lake is getting bigger all the time, thanks to the tectonics. With its glaciers and geysers, bubbling mud pits and amazing rocks, Iceland is one heck of a dramatic, beautiful, (and slightly unnerving) place.

And a slightly more peaceful place, Norway, with me standing in front of Briksdal Glacier. It was a good hike up there (and I do mean "up) but well worth the effort.

And this is my favorite photo from the entire trip (which is saying something, since we had lovely weather and got some amazing pictures). This is the northern tip of the Faroe Islands, between Iceland and Norway. This photo really has an "Into the West" quality, doesn't it?

It's still hot here, so I'll take a pumpkin spice Frappuccino rather than my usual fall pumpkin spice latte, please Gramma. And I'll keep telling myself that autumn is on the way.

*stuffs tip jar with Icelandic chocolate and Norwegian cheese*

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 13 2013, 4:25pm

Post #10 of 119 (108 views)
Shortcut
I'm so glad you're safe... [In reply to] Can't Post

And here's a really GREAT cup of coffee with a treat :)

I've been watching those floods and the landslides caused from the fire stripping the trees and shrubs a few years ago... and it's so terrifying!

Take care, and have a great weekend :)

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Sep 13 2013, 4:25pm

Post #11 of 119 (103 views)
Shortcut
Glad you're high and dry, RosieL [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope Aunt Dora can say the same. The photos and videos coming out of Colorado are startling and frightening! I suppose bad coffee is better than being dunked in floodwaters. Crazy

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 13 2013, 4:26pm

Post #12 of 119 (110 views)
Shortcut
Happy Friday, gramma! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hiding in my office and grabbing a quick lunch, this has been a week of almost nothing but tech problems! Crazy I will be SOOO glad when the end of the day comes...

Might I have a double-mocha triple-espresso in a to-go mug, please? I'll be off and running in a couple more mimutes!

So...when do we get the final tally of the Fundraiser? Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Sep 13 2013, 4:26pm

Post #13 of 119 (101 views)
Shortcut
Hang in there! [In reply to] Can't Post

And yes, here's to a relaxing weekend while you assimilate all the information.

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Sep 13 2013, 4:27pm

Post #14 of 119 (99 views)
Shortcut
Hey, Evey! [In reply to] Can't Post

Have a great weekend, whether you make plans in advance or not Smile

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 13 2013, 4:29pm

Post #15 of 119 (98 views)
Shortcut
Howdy Rosie! [In reply to] Can't Post

Herbal tea for calming the nerves coming right up!

That is so cool that you get to help with the certificates for graduates. After all that work and time, how fun to see their faces to realize they're really done!

I did have a friend help me get one thing from the sale, yes! But I couldn't bid myself because I was running the auction. ;}

That sounds like a GREAT project! Artistic people doing fun things is always such an adventure! HAVE FUN!!! And enjoy your weekend :D

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Sep 13 2013, 4:29pm

Post #16 of 119 (99 views)
Shortcut
I'm glad you're enjoying the extra work [In reply to] Can't Post

Although getting to rewards students for their hard work is a privilege, isn't it?

As for learning things from your pictures, hm, what could you learn from the pictures I posted above, I wonder? Other than that as soon as I seen a camera I get a goofy expression on my face. Tongue

Have a great weekend and enjoy your friends birthday!

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Sep 13 2013, 4:30pm

Post #17 of 119 (95 views)
Shortcut
Hey, Lily! :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks-- and I hope you have a great weekend, too! :)

John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Sep 13 2013, 4:31pm

Post #18 of 119 (97 views)
Shortcut
Whoa---sounds like you've had a week [In reply to] Can't Post

Tech problems will wear you down faster than just about anything else, I fear. Here's to a relaxing weekend for you! Smile

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 13 2013, 4:34pm

Post #19 of 119 (95 views)
Shortcut
Wow! Those are stunning pics!! [In reply to] Can't Post

WOW again! Now see... my weirdness would worry that the 2 plates would separate if I took my feet off of them, and the world would split in half, and it would be all my fault! (pardon the pun) BUT then maybe I could get a made-for-tv-movie out of it? hmmmm...

Oh cripes, thanks for those pics. So AMAZING!

HUGS Have a great weekend in a place SO NOT like those in the pics ;)

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Sep 13 2013, 4:37pm

Post #20 of 119 (93 views)
Shortcut
Wow! [In reply to] Can't Post

Those pictures (and their descriptions) are pretty amazing! It looks like it was a fantastic trip!

Thanks for sharing, Lily-- and (as I mentioned above in your earlier reply to me :) ) I hope you have a great weekend! :)

John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 13 2013, 4:38pm

Post #21 of 119 (99 views)
Shortcut
It's time to be Saturday! [In reply to] Can't Post

I grabbed a can for ya! Wow... you do need the weekend to be NOW!

I'm working on the Fundraiser tally this weekend if not tonight. I'm a bit numbered out for today ;) But it was much better than I expected thanks to the generosity of so many... donors and bidders!!

*hugs* Have a great rest-of-the-day!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 13 2013, 4:44pm

Post #22 of 119 (94 views)
Shortcut
Amazing pictures [In reply to] Can't Post

Looks like you had en amazing trip.

Darkstone
Immortal

Sep 13 2013, 4:47pm

Post #23 of 119 (108 views)
Shortcut
A nice cool bottle of Chang. [In reply to] Can't Post

Domestic, not that weak stuff they export.

Wifey is off to Sulfur Springs on an all-female campout this weekend. Supposedly the springs are running again. Also it's group intervention for a frustrated young newlywed. Apparently the marriage of two virgins is not always without its problems.

As for me, I've got a few old jungle movies from the 30s and 40s I've got lined up in the changer, and Papa John's owes me a free pizza. Plenty of time to change the bedding, do laundry, and vacuum.

Candy is dandy,
And liquor is quicker,
But nothing beats cleaning house,
To please your female spouse.

The only problem is that weather front in Colorado and the hurricane in the gulf are playing heck with the arthritis in my hands.

Which is where that bottle of Chang comes in.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Sometime hours and hours hence:
In The Green Dragon two ales could buy
And drank the one less filling I
And that has made all the difference.
- The Ale Less Filling, by Robert Frostymug

Darkstone
Immortal

Sep 13 2013, 4:50pm

Post #24 of 119 (91 views)
Shortcut
Glad you're okay! / [In reply to] Can't Post

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Sometime hours and hours hence:
In The Green Dragon two ales could buy
And drank the one less filling I
And that has made all the difference.
- The Ale Less Filling, by Robert Frostymug

Arandiel
Grey Havens

Sep 13 2013, 4:55pm

Post #25 of 119 (97 views)
Shortcut
Hi, gramma! Tea, please... [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow, I made it to Friday Fiesta - amazing!

As RosieLass mentioned, it's a bit... damp around here right now (Northern Colorado). As in, our city's divided in two by the river. Even the interstate highway, I-25, is closed. And the only way out of Estes Park (up the canyon from us) is over Trail Ridge Road, the highest highway in the US. My kids got out of school early yesterday and there's no school today. Our water supply is still okay, and our house is away from the flooding. So we're just weathering the weather, waiting to hear how things are when the water goes back down.

Walk to Rivendell: There and Back Again Challenge - traveling through Middle Earth with thirteen rowdy Dwarves, one grumpy Wizard, and a beleaguered Hobbit

Join us, Thursdays on Main!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.