Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
What are the orcs doing now?
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Rembrethil
Tol Eressea

Sep 13 2013, 2:38am

Post #1 of 76 (948 views)
Shortcut
What are the orcs doing now? Can't Post

Now we all know that not all of the Orcs were killed in Mordor. Soooooooo..... Where. Are. They. Now?

My best guess.......The tax services.....

Orc-1-- Hey Look, legalized pillaging!!!

Orc mob --- COOL!!!!

Meneldor
Tol Eressea

Sep 13 2013, 3:18am

Post #2 of 76 (439 views)
Shortcut
Orcing for a living. [In reply to] Can't Post

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep.

Maciliel
Tol Eressea

Sep 13 2013, 4:26am

Post #3 of 76 (433 views)
Shortcut
i strongly suspect [In reply to] Can't Post

they are amongst the internet's finest trolls.

cheers --

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."

this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel telpemairo

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

Sep 13 2013, 4:28am

Post #4 of 76 (398 views)
Shortcut
Orchestrating hostile takeovers.// [In reply to] Can't Post

Starling
Half-elven

Sep 13 2013, 6:13am

Post #5 of 76 (419 views)
Shortcut
Gandalf knows [In reply to] Can't Post

But he's not giving too much away...

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Sep 13 2013, 6:31am

Post #6 of 76 (410 views)
Shortcut
*grins* [In reply to] Can't Post

And I was going to say hadn't they heard of "Orcland" Wink

Bag ENZ Home of the Hobbit *with thanks to cameragod ;D*

One by one they faded, and fell into shadow...

One book to rule them all
One book to find them
One book to bring them all
And in TORn bind them
In the land of TORnadoes...where the brilliant play

Otaku-sempai
Half-elven

Sep 13 2013, 12:13pm

Post #7 of 76 (380 views)
Shortcut
futball hooligans // [In reply to] Can't Post

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

noWizardme
Tol Eressea

Sep 13 2013, 12:27pm

Post #8 of 76 (373 views)
Shortcut
Some of them took to culture and formed an Orc-estra // [In reply to] Can't Post

Disclaimers: The words of noWizardme may stand on their heads! I'm often wrong about things, and its fun to be taught more....

"nowimė I am in the West, Furincurunir to the Dwarves (or at least, to their best friend) and by other names in other lands. Mostly they just say 'Oh no it's him - look busy!' "
Or "Hold off! unhand me, grey-beard loon!"

Meneldor
Tol Eressea

Sep 13 2013, 1:56pm

Post #9 of 76 (368 views)
Shortcut
It's tough to be an orcing stiff. [In reply to] Can't Post

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep.

Brethil
Half-elven

Sep 13 2013, 2:15pm

Post #10 of 76 (353 views)
Shortcut
Once they patented the Spork they cleaned up. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply, and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in November. Happy writing!

Darkstone
Immortal

Sep 13 2013, 2:17pm

Post #11 of 76 (358 views)
Shortcut
Living in New Orc City / [In reply to] Can't Post

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Sometime hours and hours hence:
In The Green Dragon two ales could buy
And drank the one less filling I
And that has made all the difference.
- The Ale Less Filling, by Robert Frostymug

noWizardme
Tol Eressea

Sep 13 2013, 2:25pm

Post #12 of 76 (358 views)
Shortcut
A cover of Run- DMC's "Orc This Way" // [In reply to] Can't Post

Disclaimers: The words of noWizardme may stand on their heads! I'm often wrong about things, and its fun to be taught more....

"nowimė I am in the West, Furincurunir to the Dwarves (or at least, to their best friend) and by other names in other lands. Mostly they just say 'Oh no it's him - look busy!' "

Darkstone
Immortal

Sep 13 2013, 2:30pm

Post #13 of 76 (360 views)
Shortcut
Orcky-Breaky Heart / [In reply to] Can't Post

noWizardme
Tol Eressea

Sep 13 2013, 3:08pm

Post #14 of 76 (376 views)
Shortcut
Studying at Uruk High // [In reply to] Can't Post

RosieLass
Valinor

Sep 13 2013, 3:58pm

Post #15 of 76 (354 views)
Shortcut
Pest control and extermination...wait for it...Orkin! // [In reply to] Can't Post

"BOTH [political] extremes are dangerous. But more dangerous are team fanboys who think all the extremists are on the OTHER side." (CNN reader comment)

It is always those with the fewest sensible things to say who make the loudest noise in saying them. --Precious Ramotswe (Alexander McCall Smith)

RosieLass
Valinor

Sep 13 2013, 3:59pm

Post #16 of 76 (626 views)
Shortcut
LOL! Awesome! // [In reply to] Can't Post

"BOTH [political] extremes are dangerous. But more dangerous are team fanboys who think all the extremists are on the OTHER side." (CNN reader comment)

It is always those with the fewest sensible things to say who make the loudest noise in saying them. --Precious Ramotswe (Alexander McCall Smith)

noWizardme
Tol Eressea

Sep 13 2013, 4:03pm

Post #17 of 76 (355 views)
Shortcut
They moved to Orc-an-saw (or Orcansas, as it is more usually spelled). [In reply to] Can't Post

There, they are subsidised, thanks to Orc barrel politics

(This post was edited by noWizardme on Sep 13 2013, 4:06pm)

Darkstone
Immortal

Sep 13 2013, 4:19pm

Post #18 of 76 (350 views)
Shortcut
Exploring orc chasms in Mordor. / [In reply to] Can't Post

(This post was edited by Darkstone on Sep 13 2013, 4:20pm)

noWizardme
Tol Eressea

Sep 13 2013, 4:54pm

Post #19 of 76 (352 views)
Shortcut
To raise such a big army… [In reply to] Can't Post

… Sauron must have had multiple Orc chasms…

noWizardme
Tol Eressea

Sep 13 2013, 4:56pm

Post #20 of 76 (338 views)
Shortcut
I met a small creature that had been legally adopted by orcs, but it was a little Orc ward // [In reply to] Can't Post

Brethil
Half-elven

Sep 13 2013, 5:02pm

Post #21 of 76 (341 views)
Shortcut
They tried growing orchids, but trampled them out of sheer habit. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply, and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in November. Happy writing!

noWizardme
Tol Eressea

Sep 13 2013, 5:11pm

Post #22 of 76 (357 views)
Shortcut
Laid up by Orc-hitis?// [In reply to] Can't Post

noWizardme
Tol Eressea

Sep 13 2013, 5:15pm

Post #23 of 76 (321 views)
Shortcut
They wrote "The Scarlet Pimpernel", as Baroness Orczy // [In reply to] Can't Post

Brethil
Half-elven

Sep 13 2013, 5:22pm

Post #24 of 76 (336 views)
Shortcut
Interesting - two words that generally do NOT go together. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

Sep 13 2013, 5:30pm

Post #25 of 76 (331 views)
Shortcut
According to an authoritative source (Wikipedia), [In reply to] Can't Post

some of them went north to live in isolation on the Orkney Islands and took up respectable occupations such as farming and fishing. Also, they no longer identify strongly with lands to the south.

Orcadians

Main article: Orcadians
An Orcadian is a native of Orkney, a term that reflects a strongly held identity with a tradition of understatement.[140] Although the annexation of the earldom by Scotland took place over five centuries ago in 1472, most Orcadians regard themselves as Orcadians first and Scots second.[141]
When an Orcadian speaks of "Scotland", they are talking about the land to the immediate south of the Pentland Firth. When an Orcadian speaks of "the mainland", they mean Mainland, Orkney.[142] Tartan, clans, bagpipes and the like are traditions of the Scottish Highlands and are not a part of the islands' indigenous culture.[143] However, at least two tartans with Orkney connections have been registered and a tartan has been designed for Sanday by one of the island's residents,[144][145][146] and there are pipe bands in Orkney.[147][148]
Native Orcadians refer to the non-native residents of the islands as "ferry loupers", a term that has been in use for nearly two centuries at least.[149][Notes 23] This designation is celebrated in the Orkney Trout Fishing Association's "Ferryloupers Trophy", suggesting that although it can be used in a derogatory manner, it is more often a light-hearted expression.[150]

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.