Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Reading Room:
The Kiwi-I action of Middle-earth

noWizardme
Grey Havens

Sep 11 2013, 5:10pm

Views: 73
Shortcut
The Kiwi-I action of Middle-earth [In reply to] Can't Post

Personally I think Peter Jackson et al did a great job of finding/making/enhancing suitable scenes from New Zealand. An unexpected side-effect turned up for me watching The Hunt For Gollum (http://www.thehuntforgollum.com/, an unofficial prequel shot mostly in Epping Forest, England - it seemed odd to be in a forest of recognizably North European tree species!

Disclaimers: The words of noWizardme may stand on their heads! I'm often wrong about things, and its fun to be taught more....

"nowimė I am in the West, Furincurunir to the Dwarves (or at least, to their best friend) and by other names in other lands. Mostly they just say 'Oh no it's him - look busy!' "
Or "Hold off! unhand me, grey-beard loon!"

Subject User Time
What scenery do you imagine when reading Tolkien? Specific places familiar to you? noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Sep 6 2013, 10:24am
    Mordor or Afghanistan? Meneldor Send a private message to Meneldor Sep 6 2013, 3:52pm
        Great picture! // noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Sep 6 2013, 3:58pm
    O Kheled-zaram fair and wonderful? noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Sep 6 2013, 4:18pm
        Good pic! Meneldor Send a private message to Meneldor Sep 6 2013, 6:36pm
    Mahopac, New York Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Sep 6 2013, 8:05pm
        Mahopac scenery… noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Sep 6 2013, 8:16pm
            Yeah, but.... Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Sep 6 2013, 8:23pm
    The highlands of Scotland Hamfast Gamgee Send a private message to Hamfast Gamgee Sep 6 2013, 11:11pm
        Maybe.... Rembrethil Send a private message to Rembrethil Sep 7 2013, 12:33am
    The Shire= Matamata rangerfromthenorth Send a private message to rangerfromthenorth Sep 10 2013, 11:47pm
        The Kiwi-I action of Middle-earth noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Sep 11 2013, 5:10pm
    Imagination sam90 Send a private message to sam90 Sep 11 2013, 8:21pm
        That's a really good point noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Sep 11 2013, 8:38pm
    Post Card Middle-earth wezan Send a private message to wezan Sep 22 2013, 5:23pm
        Welcome to the Reading Room , wezan! noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Sep 22 2013, 5:34pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.