Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
My gut is telling me we will see a trailer with Gravity.

cats16
Valinor

Sep 11 2013, 3:54am

Post #1 of 17 (1823 views)
Shortcut
My gut is telling me we will see a trailer with Gravity. Can't Post

Gravity comes out nationwide on October 4th. That fits well within the timeline, giving it around 2 months before DOS.

Also, like Man of Steel--the film most of us caught the first trailer with in theaters--Gravity is a Warner Bros. film. They're really starting to ramp up the promotion for it, especially now that film festivals like TIFF (Toronto Int'l Film Festival) are giving it nice PR with rave reviews.

Adding to it, Gravity is being praised for its technical work, with groundbreaking cinematography and effects work being done in a space-environment. To me, here is another opportunity to show off WB's other innovative film, with DOS, like AUJ, being released in HFR (and 3D).

I'm hoping that our appetites will be satisfied here in 3 weeks. Though it could be sooner: Prisoners, another WB film, comes out the 20th of this month. Like Gravity, festivals are giving it great press and generating a lot of buzz. (Although I doubt this as possible, given the dark subject matter. My money is on Gravity.)

My guess is that the week of Bilbo and Frodo's birthdays, two weeks from now, we shall receive a vlog to commemorate them (perhaps even on the 22nd, precisely. Haven't several vlogs been released on Sundays, while I'm thinking of it?). That gives us a couple of weeks to endlessly watch that, and then the trailer will come shortly afterward Oct. 4th. Maybe one more shorter vlog on the premiere preparation, then we're ready to roll.

Any other possibilities someone notices?

Arandir
Gondor

Sep 11 2013, 7:02am

Post #2 of 17 (870 views)
Shortcut
Hope your gut is right! [In reply to] Can't Post

It would seems a fair guess (though not a certainty) that a second trailer will be coming out sometime next month.

If memory serves me well, Warner Bros. have only Gravity and then DOS as films - so it seems like a pretty good guess that the trailer will feature in Gravity.

*Keeping my fingers crossed!*Smile

'A Tolkienist's Perspective' Blog
'How Peter Jackson inches closer to making 'The Silmarillion'

Eldorion
Rohan

Sep 11 2013, 5:32pm

Post #3 of 17 (675 views)
Shortcut
That sounds reasonable to me [In reply to] Can't Post

Although I wouldn't be surprised if we get a web premiere of the trailer before it shows up in theatres. If I recall correctly that's how it worked the last few times. But yeah, I'm expecting that DOS will get a second trailer and as we're getting closer to the end of the year, it will probably be released within the month.

There's a feeling I get, when I look to the West...

cats16
Valinor

Sep 11 2013, 6:22pm

Post #4 of 17 (598 views)
Shortcut
Keeping mine crossed, too. :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

kbdiggity
Rivendell

Sep 12 2013, 1:32am

Post #5 of 17 (523 views)
Shortcut
... [In reply to] Can't Post

My gut is telling me, I won't be seeing a Sandra Bullock film in theaters.

cats16
Valinor

Sep 12 2013, 1:40am

Post #6 of 17 (515 views)
Shortcut
On one hand... [In reply to] Can't Post

after seeing The Heat, I don't blame you.

Semper Fi
Rohan

Sep 12 2013, 12:44pm

Post #7 of 17 (432 views)
Shortcut
That's OK [In reply to] Can't Post

I have a list of actors and actresses I try to avoid at all cost as well. Elijah Wood, for example. I watched LOTR because I love books and there are other stuff in the movies but they also convinced me I don't want to see Wood ever again in anything.

"RadagaStoner deserves no mercy!" Tauriel the Radagast Slayer, the Chief of Inglorious Elfguards

Tauriel saved us from Itaril. Never forget.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 12 2013, 4:12pm

Post #8 of 17 (377 views)
Shortcut
I've removed a lot of this thread [In reply to] Can't Post

due to obvious reasons: keep the discussion nice, please, folks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

JWPlatt
Grey Havens

Sep 12 2013, 4:29pm

Post #9 of 17 (360 views)
Shortcut
Anatomical Metonymy [In reply to] Can't Post

Why do emotions speak from the heart and intuition or premonitions speak from the intestines? Who decides these things? Funny thing I just read is that the stomach was associated with love in medieval times. Yeah, that gets me all warm and fuzzy.

TheCoon
Lorien

Sep 12 2013, 8:21pm

Post #10 of 17 (311 views)
Shortcut
after his ABYSMAL tretment of harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban [In reply to] Can't Post

i refuse to give alfonso cauron any more of my time

Was that 2 insanely hot girls pratically climaxing over a freakin trailer?
That, my lad, was a fandom!

(This post was edited by TheCoon on Sep 12 2013, 8:21pm)

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Sep 12 2013, 10:50pm

Post #11 of 17 (263 views)
Shortcut
That would be cool. [In reply to] Can't Post

Gravity looks pretty damn great.

Morthoron
Gondor

Sep 13 2013, 1:21am

Post #12 of 17 (260 views)
Shortcut
I don't see why the trailer would have gravity... [In reply to] Can't Post

when Peter Jackson totally ignored the laws of gravity in the chase scene in Goblin Town.

Oh, wait...that's not what you were referring to. Never mind.

Please visit my blog...The Dark Elf File...a slighty skewed journal of music and literary comment, fan-fiction and interminable essays.

Starling
Half-elven

Sep 13 2013, 6:01am

Post #13 of 17 (230 views)
Shortcut
Clearly you misunderstood [In reply to] Can't Post

It is going to be a very serious trailer. Cool

Snaga
Lorien

Sep 13 2013, 11:16pm

Post #14 of 17 (172 views)
Shortcut
Not to go too far afield but.... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
when Peter Jackson totally ignored the laws of gravity in the chase scene in Goblin Town.

Oh, wait...that's not what you were referring to. Never mind.

Whether or not you like the chase scene, try watching it at about 1/3 or 1/2 speed on a Blu-Ray with a decent Hi Def screen. It will make you appreciate just how far CGI integration into live action has come. It will also tell you something about the skill of the animators PJ got ahold of for these films.

"Alas for Boromir! It was too sore a trial!"

-Faramir

pulpfiction16
Rivendell

Sep 14 2013, 11:36pm

Post #15 of 17 (127 views)
Shortcut
What are you? [In reply to] Can't Post

Alfonso Cauron is one of the great directors out there, Gravity is supposed to be amazing, and if it matches the quality of Children of Men, then it's definitely going to be a movie worth seeing.

And besides, Azkaban is generally regarded as one of the best Harry Potter adaptations, and at the very least, it bests the pedestrian Philosopher's Stone, Chamber of Secrets and Goblet of Fire by miles.

(This post was edited by entmaiden on Sep 14 2013, 11:51pm)

StarGodziller
Bree

Sep 15 2013, 9:53pm

Post #16 of 17 (92 views)
Shortcut
I wouldn't be surprised but... [In reply to] Can't Post

Am I not mistaken or has every longer trailer for the Jackson Middle Earth movies hit in September? Pretty sure Fellowship, Two Towers, Return and Unexpected Journey all had longer trailers that hit in September. So October 4th would be a little late.

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Sep 15 2013, 10:05pm

Post #17 of 17 (116 views)
Shortcut
Disagree [In reply to] Can't Post

I think the more you look, the worse it looks.

Example - When Bombur turns around and belly-slams one of the goblins off a platform, it looks so terrible, almost as if they reversed the animation.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.