Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
Thoughts on an organized Hobbit movie discussion
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

cats16
Valinor

Sep 5 2013, 4:29am

Post #26 of 30 (135 views)
Shortcut
Definitely hoping for the change in pace. [In reply to] Can't Post

That's definitely a goal. We're hoping for a discussion that's really diverse and engaging. Hopefully no camps form. I'm also looking forward to actually sitting down to talk about specific images and things like that.

That's about how I remember you feeling about AUJ the last time I'd seen your thoughts. That's too bad that your desire to see it isn't there (I hate saying "too bad" as I'm not looking down on you or anything; ah, the limitations of the internet Wink). But it is what it is. I'm glad you're still up for the AUJ SCOD, though!

Yep, SCOD (still not sure if acronym will remain the same, though it'll be similar, regardless) will be on the Hobbit board. We'll be posting details about it very soon.

Great to hear it, and awesome chatting with you across the boards tonight!!

Smile

(This post was edited by cats16 on Sep 5 2013, 4:30am)

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 5 2013, 6:50am

Post #27 of 30 (173 views)
Shortcut
If we're doing chapters instead of screencaps [In reply to] Can't Post

then a different name is probably good so it won't be confused with the regular SCOD. Hmm, options...

You could go with "Chapter Of the Day" = COD
Or "Chapter Of the Week" = COW or CHOW

I'm so helpful, I know... Angelic

Whatever we call it, I'm looking forward to it. Smile

Silverlode

"Dark is the water of Kheled-zram, and cold are the springs of Kibil-nla, and fair were the many-pillared halls of Khazad-dm in Elder Days before the fall of mighty kings beneath the stone."

cats16
Valinor

Sep 5 2013, 1:51pm

Post #28 of 30 (114 views)
Shortcut
Your suggestion is great! [In reply to] Can't Post

You'll be happy to see one of those in the final name. Smile

Happy to hear you will join us!

Ardamr
Valinor

Sep 5 2013, 5:34pm

Post #29 of 30 (122 views)
Shortcut
Oh, I like the name CHOW [In reply to] Can't Post

I feel like I could be eating during that discussion Wink

'Twas in the Land of Willows that I heard th'unfathomed breath
Of the Horns of Ylmir calling - and shall hear them till my death.

cats16
Valinor

Sep 5 2013, 8:31pm

Post #30 of 30 (109 views)
Shortcut
For those still interested in being part of this discussion... [In reply to] Can't Post

You can head on over to the Hobbit board now, as we've put up (mostly Daniel) an introduction thread for this discussion.

I thought I would put this message here, in case members who do not frequent the Hobbit board often would be interested in joining us.

Thank you everyone for your immediate feedback when I was first thinking about starting this discussion! It couldn't have come together so quickly without your positivity. Smile

I do hope you all decide to take part, as our primary goal is to have some fun before/during/after DOS comes to theaters.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.