Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Bilbo Looking At Narsil

Barrow-Wight
Lorien

Sep 3 2013, 11:42pm

Views: 1038
Shortcut
Bilbo Looking At Narsil Can't Post

I was thinking about The Extended Edition of An Unexpected Journey and I started thinking about the scene of Bilbo with the Shards Of Narsil and how it ties into the scene with Elrond and Bilbo on the balcony and also I was hoping that maybe they could add a verse or two from the Riddle of Strider in there any additional Tolkien quotes the better lol, but it's just wishful thinking but still here's what I was thinking

INT: RIVENDELL- ELROND'S LIBRARY - SUNSET
The light of days is failing in the room Bilbo Baggins slowly walks across the quiet room and up a flight of stairs, he is drawn to an object being held in the arms of a statue: a broken sword lying in 5 peices un a cloth covered shield. Elrond notices Bilbo solemnly looking at the sword and silently follows up the stairs and stands by his side

ELROND
it waits for the one whose destiny it is to wield it.

BILBO
what name was it given?

Elrond picks up the sword and admires it

ELROND
Narsil which means white light and fire

BILBO
and uh- who is destined to weild it?

ELROND
A great king of man One of the Dunadain a ranger from the North but I fear in all his wanderings he has lost his true path

Elrond sets the sword back in place

BILBO
Not all those who wander are lost

Elrond looks down at the little hobbit amused

ELROND
how poetic did you come up with that?

Bilbo blushes and becomes more nervous

BILBO
No no, my father used to say such things like that you know like Not all that glitters is gold, not all those who wander are lost, The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost such simple sayings really, I always thought he was talking about me

Elrond smiles at the young hobbit but Bilbo becomes too nervous and awekward and chooses to leave

BILBO
Well I must really get back to my companions lord Elrond

he quickly hurries down the stairs but Elrond notices that he goes through a side door that leads to a balcony, taking one last look at Narsil he quietly says

ELROND
The crownless again shall be king....

something like that it would work since PJ tinkered with the timeline and Aragorn should be around 20 in this film instead of 10 like he should be in the book but I doubt it happens that way most likely Elrond spots him looking at Narsil and Bilbo sees him and leaves to the balcony and Elrond follows him. what do you think about this scene for the EE?

Subject User Time
Bilbo Looking At Narsil Barrow-Wight Send a private message to Barrow-Wight Sep 3 2013, 11:42pm
    Beautiful Elessar Send a private message to Elessar Sep 3 2013, 11:46pm
    That sounds awesome!!!!! thorinoakenshield Send a private message to thorinoakenshield Sep 3 2013, 11:52pm
    Lovely! Nira Send a private message to Nira Sep 4 2013, 12:46am
    Estel IdrilofGondolin Send a private message to IdrilofGondolin Sep 4 2013, 12:49am
    that would be awesome! Cirashala Send a private message to Cirashala Sep 4 2013, 2:39am
    Wonderful! Arthael Send a private message to Arthael Sep 4 2013, 6:42am
    Really Beautiful! Silwen_Peredhil Send a private message to Silwen_Peredhil Sep 4 2013, 2:33pm
    That is great Barrow-white burgahobbit Send a private message to burgahobbit Sep 4 2013, 5:34pm
        yeah Faleel Send a private message to Faleel Sep 4 2013, 5:45pm
            Perhaps, but burgahobbit Send a private message to burgahobbit Sep 5 2013, 4:58pm
    The painting/mural of Sauron and Isildur features in some way in this scene QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Sep 4 2013, 7:33pm
    They may as well Thranderz Send a private message to Thranderz Sep 4 2013, 8:58pm
    When I saw that brief glimpse... Snaga Send a private message to Snaga Sep 4 2013, 10:01pm
    Thank You All So Much!! Barrow-Wight Send a private message to Barrow-Wight Sep 4 2013, 10:23pm
    Cool idea! Rembrethil Send a private message to Rembrethil Sep 5 2013, 1:52am
        Yeah I had problems with that Barrow-Wight Send a private message to Barrow-Wight Sep 5 2013, 1:55am
            Ideas Rembrethil Send a private message to Rembrethil Sep 5 2013, 2:07am
    This is really lovely. Lissuin Send a private message to Lissuin Sep 5 2013, 10:09pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.