Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
'My Dear Frodo': one giant music tease of things to come?

Skaan
Lorien

Sep 3 2013, 11:12pm

Views: 588
Shortcut
'My Dear Frodo': one giant music tease of things to come? Can't Post

I've recently been listening to My Dear Frodo again. Does anyone feel like that song is basically a big tease of music we'll get to hear in the upcoming movies? At 3:02 you have the Arkenstone(?) theme, at 3:20 you have what appears to be Thranduil's theme and right after that you hear what i think will be the dragon sickness theme (3:32). And last but certainly not least, Smaug's theme at 4:14. It's like Howard Shore is basically telling us: "This is what's in store for you soon, but first you're going to have to join us on this little trip (AUJ)"

On a somewhat related note; i love how smoothly all the themes in this song transition into eachother (especially how it goes from Thorin's theme to Erebor's theme at 5:33)

Feel free to correct/add anything if i was wrong about something

Subject User Time
'My Dear Frodo': one giant music tease of things to come? Skaan Send a private message to Skaan Sep 3 2013, 11:12pm
    Are all those things integrated into the song flameofudun Send a private message to flameofudun Sep 3 2013, 11:16pm
    Doug Adams and the opening theme mx6789 Send a private message to mx6789 Sep 3 2013, 11:49pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.