Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Middle Earth Shanty-Filking

Meneldor
Gondor

Sep 2 2013, 10:19pm

Views: 248
Shortcut
Middle Earth Shanty-Filking Can't Post

Rather than clogging the Tolkienia thread with unrelated nonsense, I'm starting a new thread for the filks I promised.

Here's one I'm calling Sailing Home to Numenor, based on Rollin' Down to Old Maui. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pla7nDYciI4

Once more we sail with the northerly gale
Through the ice and wind and rain.
But Meneltarma and Anduni-e
We soon shall see again.
Six hellish months we've passed away
On the icecold Northern Sea
But now we're bound from Arda's ground
Going home to Westerness-e.

Chorus:
Sailing home to Numenor, me boys
Sailing home to Numenor
We're homeward bound
From Arda's ground
Sailing home to Numenor

Now we cross wide seas on an easterly breeze
Towards our island home.
Our mainmast sprung, our searching done
And we've not got far to roam.
Our tops'l yard is carried away
What care we for that now?
A living gale is after us,
Thank Ulmo we're homeward bound.

Chorus

How soft the breeze through the island trees
Now the ice is far astern.
Our elv'n fair maids in grassy glades
Are awaiting our return.
E'en now their big grey eyes look out
Hoping some fine day to see
Our threadbare sails running 'fore the gales
As we steer for Westerness-e

Chorus x2

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and his wonders in the deep.

Subject User Time
Middle Earth Shanty-Filking Meneldor Send a private message to Meneldor Sep 2 2013, 10:19pm
    Impressive and creative! malickfan Send a private message to malickfan Sep 2 2013, 11:10pm
        I'm not particularly attached to "me boys" either Meneldor Send a private message to Meneldor Sep 3 2013, 7:24pm
            Hmmm ... "cirion" perhaps? Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Sep 3 2013, 7:54pm
                Sailing home to Numenor, cirion Meneldor Send a private message to Meneldor Sep 3 2013, 10:33pm
                    You are most welcome! // Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Sep 4 2013, 3:41am
                    How aristocratic are the crew? noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Sep 6 2013, 10:34am
                        I would expect captains and officers Meneldor Send a private message to Meneldor Sep 9 2013, 10:16pm
                            There lies an interesting point- noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Sep 10 2013, 7:58am
                                Remember when Denethor Meneldor Send a private message to Meneldor Sep 11 2013, 3:30am
    Pass the grog! Ruxendil_Thoorg Send a private message to Ruxendil_Thoorg Sep 3 2013, 2:23am
        Alas! The Lord has blessed me with many talents, Meneldor Send a private message to Meneldor Sep 3 2013, 7:28pm
    In the interests of thread completeness, Meneldor Send a private message to Meneldor Sep 3 2013, 7:42pm
    Woo-hooo! Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Sep 4 2013, 2:31am
        The Diamond, Meneldor Send a private message to Meneldor Sep 4 2013, 3:40am
    Samwise the Shantyman Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Sep 4 2013, 2:36pm
        Yarrr! Meneldor Send a private message to Meneldor Sep 4 2013, 2:45pm
    Note to self: Meneldor Send a private message to Meneldor Sep 5 2013, 1:21am
    This one was harder. Meneldor Send a private message to Meneldor Sep 6 2013, 12:04am
        That worked out very well! dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Sep 6 2013, 1:49am
            Thank you, Dernwyn. Meneldor Send a private message to Meneldor Sep 6 2013, 1:58am
    This one took a while Meneldor Send a private message to Meneldor Sep 17 2013, 3:42pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.