Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Gunless

Annael
Half-elven

Sep 2 2013, 4:15pm

Views: 102
Shortcut
Gunless [In reply to] Can't Post

This is a 2010 movie starring Paul Gross, who was the Mountie guy in "Due South." It didn't have great reviews, primarily from people who couldn't get past the idea of Gross playing a very different character, but I loved it. A gravelly-voiced American gunslinger with a bounty on his head escapes across the border & winds up in a little Canadian town where people think guns are for hunting food and are not only not combative, but friendly and interested in him as a person. Circumstances conspire to keep him in the town and he is gradually won over . . . until the bounty hunters show up too. A low-key comedy with a nice love story too. I liked it so much I watched it three times. Best scene: the locals discussing Aristotle.

The way we imagine our lives is the way we are going to go on living our lives.

- James Hillman, Healing Fiction

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

Subject User Time
What movies (et. al.) did you watch last weekend? Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Sep 2 2013, 4:57am
    Hey Magpie, have you seen Wah-Wah? And some 70's musings. Starling Send a private message to Starling Sep 2 2013, 7:40am
        I just put Wah-Wah in my Netflix queue Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Sep 2 2013, 3:05pm
            The Waltons Starling Send a private message to Starling Sep 2 2013, 6:24pm
    The Great Gatsby (2013) and Psycho (the orginal) Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Sep 2 2013, 2:59pm
        Baz Luhrmann is an interesting director Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Sep 2 2013, 3:14pm
            Fitzgerald Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Sep 2 2013, 3:22pm
    Gunless Annael Send a private message to Annael Sep 2 2013, 4:15pm
        I haven't seen Due South but... Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Sep 2 2013, 4:49pm
    Also watched Psycho, and a sort of documentary on Cinerama cats16 Send a private message to cats16 Sep 2 2013, 5:13pm
        We used to have a Cinerama theater in Minneapolis Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Sep 2 2013, 6:20pm
            Sounds--and looks--like it was incredible! // cats16 Send a private message to cats16 Sep 2 2013, 7:23pm
    Magic Mike Kim Send a private message to Kim Sep 2 2013, 5:46pm
        I have a cute, blushy crush on Matt Bomer Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Sep 2 2013, 6:21pm
            I like him too Kim Send a private message to Kim Sep 2 2013, 6:35pm
                that's not hard to do. :-) // Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Sep 2 2013, 6:47pm
                    A little something to brighten your day Kim Send a private message to Kim Oct 10 2013, 8:29pm
    Django Unchained. Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Sep 2 2013, 7:17pm
        How about that ending... cats16 Send a private message to cats16 Sep 2 2013, 7:32pm
    Blue Jasmine dubulous Send a private message to dubulous Sep 2 2013, 7:32pm
        Ditto about Cate in that movie! Tintallė Send a private message to Tintallė Sep 2 2013, 7:34pm
    The Butler Tintallė Send a private message to Tintallė Sep 2 2013, 8:16pm
    Tae Guk Gi (2004) and The Truman Show (1998) Ardamķrė Send a private message to Ardamķrė Sep 5 2013, 1:01am
    The Pirate, 1948 Meneldor Send a private message to Meneldor Sep 5 2013, 1:48am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.