Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Bard the Father of three children now?

boldog
Rohan

Sep 1 2013, 1:28am

Views: 1149
Shortcut
Bard the Father of three children now? Can't Post

I found this very interesting to hear. I thought it was cool enough to see Bain with his Dad, but now to hear that there are another two children, this is almost amazing! It would be very nice to see some family life in Middle earth, and in particular, children having a bit of a role. it seems to me that there are two boys (Bain, Sigrid) and one girl (Tilda) Perhaps, as was mentioned, this is the girl that Tauriel heals. either way what do you all think of this, and could there be even deeper development of this family. what about their mother?? Btw were these characters officially cast anywhere?

"fingolfin looked up in grief to see what evil morgoth had done to maedhros"

Subject User Time
Bard the Father of three children now? boldog Send a private message to boldog Sep 1 2013, 1:28am
    I hope there's no deeper development Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Sep 1 2013, 1:44am
    Age morro91 Send a private message to morro91 Sep 1 2013, 2:10am
    Broken families... Avner Send a private message to Avner Sep 1 2013, 2:51am
        30 seconds Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Sep 1 2013, 3:01am
    ... kbdiggity Send a private message to kbdiggity Sep 1 2013, 4:02am
        It's like I forgot about some kids in TTT Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Sep 1 2013, 4:54am
            yeah but.... boldog Send a private message to boldog Sep 1 2013, 5:03am
                Majority of scenes? Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Sep 1 2013, 5:12am
                    for some reason..... boldog Send a private message to boldog Sep 1 2013, 6:34am
                    Faces to recognise when Smaug attacks.... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Sep 1 2013, 8:28am
                        Town with people and wasting time on filler scenes Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Sep 1 2013, 12:39pm
                        Emotional Drivers Michelle Johnston Sep 1 2013, 5:56pm
                            Yes dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Sep 1 2013, 6:20pm
                                Michelle and Dormouse, I agree Noria Send a private message to Noria Sep 1 2013, 7:33pm
                            Not necessarily... Salmacis81 Send a private message to Salmacis81 Sep 1 2013, 8:54pm
                                Well, to be fair, note the wording.... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Sep 1 2013, 10:11pm
                                    I certainly did note the wording... Salmacis81 Send a private message to Salmacis81 Sep 2 2013, 12:44am
                                        Correction... Salmacis81 Send a private message to Salmacis81 Sep 2 2013, 1:01am
                                        Knee-jerk.... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Sep 2 2013, 7:33am
                                            Rational positions... Salmacis81 Send a private message to Salmacis81 Sep 2 2013, 9:40am
                                                Yes ... tolktolk Send a private message to tolktolk Sep 2 2013, 10:42am
                                            Discussion of the film Noria Send a private message to Noria Sep 2 2013, 12:14pm
                                                Oh dear ... tolktolk Send a private message to tolktolk Sep 2 2013, 12:40pm
                                                    Sorry Noria Send a private message to Noria Sep 2 2013, 12:59pm
                                                        May be they did, but... Eleniel Send a private message to Eleniel Sep 2 2013, 1:36pm
                                                            Depends on how they are expressed Voronwë_the_Faithful Send a private message to Voronwë_the_Faithful Sep 2 2013, 1:59pm
                                                        That's OK... tolktolk Send a private message to tolktolk Sep 2 2013, 1:53pm
                                Textual Analysis of my observations Michelle Johnston Sep 2 2013, 4:00pm
                                    It did seem a bit mocking... Salmacis81 Send a private message to Salmacis81 Sep 2 2013, 5:44pm
                                        Strong Views strongly stated Michelle Johnston Sep 3 2013, 8:20pm
                            Funny you should mention them marillaraina Send a private message to marillaraina Sep 1 2013, 11:05pm
                                Yeah, I didn't care for them either Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Sep 2 2013, 12:33am
                                    Right? marillaraina Send a private message to marillaraina Sep 2 2013, 1:01am
                                        True Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Sep 2 2013, 1:32am
                                            I'm coming back to this point about Eowyn.... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Sep 2 2013, 7:10pm
                                                Hear, hear!!!! // The Grey Wanderer Send a private message to The Grey Wanderer Sep 2 2013, 9:41pm
                                                Well put. Noria Send a private message to Noria Sep 3 2013, 1:07pm
                                                    Women and children at Helm's Deep Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Sep 3 2013, 2:03pm
                                                        You're right, of course. Noria Send a private message to Noria Sep 3 2013, 2:14pm
                                                            women are not children marillaraina Send a private message to marillaraina Sep 3 2013, 11:22pm
                                    Can't see any reason at all why it wouldn't happen // dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Sep 2 2013, 7:39am
                                society Cirashala Send a private message to Cirashala Sep 2 2013, 3:57am
                                    it's been a while for me too marillaraina Send a private message to marillaraina Sep 2 2013, 6:36am
                            .... kbdiggity Send a private message to kbdiggity Sep 1 2013, 11:50pm
                            Nicely put! Defiant Send a private message to Defiant Sep 2 2013, 3:51am
    Actually, Sigrid is a Scandinavian girls name... DeadRabbits Send a private message to DeadRabbits Sep 1 2013, 4:31am
    Could not care less sauget.diblosio Send a private message to sauget.diblosio Sep 1 2013, 6:58am
        Ditto tolktolk Send a private message to tolktolk Sep 1 2013, 7:37am
    Tolkkien never indicated that Bain was an only child Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Sep 1 2013, 2:45pm
    Having kids in a tale for kids makes sense, but Nira Send a private message to Nira Sep 1 2013, 5:46pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.