Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Losing Bilbo

Sharkey
The Shire

Aug 31 2013, 6:48pm

Views: 1333
Shortcut
Losing Bilbo Can't Post

I, much like many other fans, have begun (or, more accurately, continue) to worry about PJ+Company disregarding The Hobbit himself in favor of more elf spamming and traditional heroes such as Bard and Thorin. In fact I've been almost despondent lately because my theory is that AUJ was the most Bilbo-centric these films will ever be. And that was my #1 criticism of the first installment.
Martin Freeman is doing some fantastic work with what he's given...here's hoping he's given more! The nature of DOS in many ways could make it have the least for Bilbo to do. I really hope this doesn't happen- most likely a flimsy compromise will occur. Bilbo will be our hero through Mirkwood until the elves arrive to save the day. Perhaps more emphasis will be placed on his burglar abilities in the middle chapters and then TABA will really let him shine.
Also, on a side note, it's curious more emphasis hasn't been placed on the Sherlock connection and the brilliant casting there. I know fans love it, but I think the correct marketing could really help DOS's numbers.

Subject User Time
Losing Bilbo Sharkey Send a private message to Sharkey Aug 31 2013, 6:48pm
    Which one is the Hobbit? Bilbo who? Nira Send a private message to Nira Aug 31 2013, 7:14pm
        We're only working from the trailer and promo stories Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Aug 31 2013, 9:36pm
            My problem with that is Sinister71 Send a private message to Sinister71 Aug 31 2013, 10:11pm
            Folly morro91 Send a private message to morro91 Sep 1 2013, 2:08am
                Did you mean to reply to me? Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Sep 1 2013, 3:12am
                    Probably morro91 Send a private message to morro91 Sep 1 2013, 3:31am
                        Bilbo? Bilbo who? Yngwulff Send a private message to Yngwulff Sep 1 2013, 3:54am
                            I have to say... cats16 Send a private message to cats16 Sep 1 2013, 4:27am
                                Sauron and Rebecca are primary characters in their respective books Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Sep 1 2013, 5:02am
                                    sometimes i wonder (controvertial) boldog Send a private message to boldog Sep 1 2013, 6:40am
                                        You nailed it Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Sep 1 2013, 1:07pm
                                    I completely agree with you. cats16 Send a private message to cats16 Sep 1 2013, 7:06am
                                        Its called the Hobbit for a reason Yngwulff Send a private message to Yngwulff Sep 1 2013, 8:38am
            A bigger problem for me is her promincnce on the tie in books. And Bard's frankly. AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Sep 3 2013, 9:31pm
                I'm with you on this Ziggy Stardust Send a private message to Ziggy Stardust Sep 4 2013, 1:09am
                    I don't see why Tauriel wouldn't be more prominent than canon LOTR women Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Sep 4 2013, 12:42pm
                        Galadriel and Eowyn are important Ziggy Stardust Send a private message to Ziggy Stardust Sep 4 2013, 11:52pm
                            Eowyn is hardly a quintisential female warrior Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Sep 5 2013, 1:36pm
                                No offense Ziggy Stardust Send a private message to Ziggy Stardust Sep 7 2013, 12:31am
                                    I disagree that Tauriel is less important Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Sep 7 2013, 5:14pm
                        But this is one of the more debatable points... Eleniel Send a private message to Eleniel Sep 5 2013, 6:32am
                            because women are more sympathetic? Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Sep 5 2013, 1:40pm
    Seems a bit premature to be despondent, doesn't it? dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Aug 31 2013, 10:19pm
        Never too early to be despondent Sharkey Send a private message to Sharkey Sep 1 2013, 4:31am
            The promotional campaign tolktolk Send a private message to tolktolk Sep 1 2013, 2:11pm
                "Insane" popularity of Sherlock didn't help Star Trek Into Darkness Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Sep 2 2013, 12:41am
                    Check your facts Voronwë_the_Faithful Send a private message to Voronwë_the_Faithful Sep 2 2013, 1:40am
                        true Yngwulff Send a private message to Yngwulff Sep 2 2013, 3:21am
                            Also Yngwulff Send a private message to Yngwulff Sep 2 2013, 4:38am
                        I checked them Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Sep 2 2013, 5:48pm
                How exactly would you advertise that Sherlock and Watson are in the film? morro91 Send a private message to morro91 Sep 2 2013, 4:10am
                    Peter Jackson is already doing it! tolktolk Send a private message to tolktolk Sep 2 2013, 10:21am
                        Sherlock v Hobbit Ham_Sammy Send a private message to Ham_Sammy Sep 2 2013, 3:09pm
                            Hi Ham Sammy tolktolk Send a private message to tolktolk Sep 2 2013, 3:49pm
                                Agree totally Ham_Sammy Send a private message to Ham_Sammy Sep 2 2013, 4:13pm
                                    Have you seen tolktolk Send a private message to tolktolk Sep 2 2013, 7:41pm
                                        yup yup! Ham_Sammy Send a private message to Ham_Sammy Sep 2 2013, 9:36pm
                                        Wow... Ziggy Stardust Send a private message to Ziggy Stardust Sep 3 2013, 1:39am
                                            It is so! tolktolk Send a private message to tolktolk Sep 3 2013, 11:14am
                                                Capaldi Ham_Sammy Send a private message to Ham_Sammy Sep 3 2013, 1:39pm
                                                    The reunion tolktolk Send a private message to tolktolk Sep 3 2013, 4:44pm
                                                Sorry but what awards are we talking about? Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Sep 3 2013, 4:30pm
                                                    Not real awards ... tolktolk Send a private message to tolktolk Sep 3 2013, 4:40pm
                                                        Sour grapes Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Sep 3 2013, 4:45pm
                                                            Since I never made any of those claims tolktolk Send a private message to tolktolk Sep 3 2013, 6:40pm
                                                                I don't want to offend anyone or agrue with anyone Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Sep 3 2013, 7:31pm
                                                            Award! Award! Bumblingidiot Send a private message to Bumblingidiot Sep 3 2013, 7:43pm
                                                                British awards tolktolk Send a private message to tolktolk Sep 3 2013, 9:52pm
                                                I'm so excited! Ziggy Stardust Send a private message to Ziggy Stardust Sep 4 2013, 1:05am
                    But they don't play Sherlock and Watson in the movie Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Sep 2 2013, 5:56pm
        Like the way you think, DM. Kangi Ska Send a private message to Kangi Ska Sep 1 2013, 9:54am
    I think the Elves are gonna parallel... Legomir Send a private message to Legomir Aug 31 2013, 10:49pm
    You are onto something Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Sep 1 2013, 3:27am
    I think (minor spoilers) Skaan Send a private message to Skaan Sep 1 2013, 12:54pm
        yes and TABA may be when we get another Bilbo reveal? glor Send a private message to glor Sep 1 2013, 4:18pm
            Hopping threads to agree with glor again. cats16 Send a private message to cats16 Sep 1 2013, 4:30pm
        His role/screentime parallels his character growth joec_34 Send a private message to joec_34 Sep 1 2013, 11:38pm
    I just want to remind us of the sneak-peak! painjoiker Send a private message to painjoiker Sep 2 2013, 8:31pm
        he's already overshadowed by Thorin Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Sep 2 2013, 9:19pm
    I'm afaid of losing Bilbo too Ziggy Stardust Send a private message to Ziggy Stardust Sep 3 2013, 1:36am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.