Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: The Arena:
TOS Red Shirts versus Imperial Stormtroopers.

Darkstone
Immortal

Aug 29 2013, 8:29pm

Post #1 of 11 (967 views)
Shortcut
TOS Red Shirts versus Imperial Stormtroopers. Can't Post

I know it's not Tolkien related, but I just got to know!!

“That hobbit has a pleasant face,
His private life is a disgrace.
I really could not tell to you,
The awful things that hobbits do.”

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 29 2013, 8:55pm

Post #2 of 11 (835 views)
Shortcut
The universe implodes. [In reply to] Can't Post

It's the unmissable target vs the never-accurate shooter. The paradox overloads the universe and it collapses to the size of pea.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Arandiel
Grey Havens

Aug 30 2013, 5:36am

Post #3 of 11 (804 views)
Shortcut
At which point... [In reply to] Can't Post

... in a moment of momentous crossovery... stuff... Captain Picard and Q, together with the Doctor and Harry Potter, all set the universe to rights again with a visit to King's Cross Station and a good laugh. And MacGyver's stash of paperclips, used gum wrappers and duct tape.

As Donna Noble would say, "Sorted!"

Walk to Rivendell: There and Back Again Challenge - traveling through Middle Earth with thirteen rowdy Dwarves, one grumpy Wizard, and a beleaguered Hobbit

Join us, Thursdays on Main!

Ruxendil_Thoorg
Tol Eressea

Aug 30 2013, 12:35pm

Post #4 of 11 (795 views)
Shortcut
Imperial Stormtroopers could be interchanged with [In reply to] Can't Post

...Goblin or Orc archers, to tie it into Tolkien if desired.

Is the question who would win? or who would die first? I'd say the Red Shirts die first, but probably from some convoluted sequence of bizarre circumstances wholly unrelated to any projectile weapon discharge.

"Oh my God! Some freak accident out of the Final Destination movies killed Red Shirt again!"

And then the Stormtroopers or archers end up dying as well at the hands of some lone hero who happened to be along with Red Shirt, by applying the law of inverse ninja strength (the fewer in number on a particular side of a fight, the greater chance of that side prevailing, and vice versa).

A bag is like a hole that you can carry with you.

http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_expanded;

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Aug 30 2013, 8:48pm)

Lightfoot
Rivendell

Aug 30 2013, 11:15pm

Post #5 of 11 (831 views)
Shortcut
Personally [In reply to] Can't Post

I think that they would either all die or they would never be able to kill each other and would give up and leave the battle to enjoy some tea!

Faithful servant yet master's bane,
Lightfoot's foal, swift Snowmane

Lissuin
Valinor

Aug 31 2013, 7:27pm

Post #6 of 11 (805 views)
Shortcut
Heroism knows no boundaries of time or space. [In reply to] Can't Post

Kirk: Mr. Spock, Mr. Scott, these are Imperial Stormtroopers we're talking about.

Spock: Captain, I believe you will find that these men will suit our purpose admirably.

Matthews: If by my life or death I can protect you, Sir, I will.

Rayburn: You have my laser.

Carlisle: And you have my phaser.

Grant: And my axe.

Kirk: Axe?

Mallory: Oh come on, Sir, we can take 'em!

Unidentified: I will be dead before I see the ship in the hands of the Emperor!

Scott: You may as well accept it. We're going with you, laddie.

Kirk: But Scotty, they're probably all gonna die!

2nd Unidentified: Certainty of death, small chance of success... What are we waiting for, Sir?

Spock: May I remind the Captain, Stormtroopers are not known for their marksmanship. As Dr. McCoy would say, they couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. I would estimate our chances of success as approximately 50/50.

From Star Trek Wars, Peter Jackson, Director

(This post was edited by Lissuin on Aug 31 2013, 7:32pm)

Werde Spinner
Rohan

Aug 31 2013, 8:52pm

Post #7 of 11 (759 views)
Shortcut
I love this thread and everyone participating in it!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Laugh Laugh Laugh

This is the most brilliant thing I have seen in a long time!!!

"I had forgotten that. It is hard to be sure of anything among so many marvels. The world is all grown strange. Elf and Dwarf in company walk in our daily fields; and folk speak with the Lady of the Wood and yet live; and the Sword comes back to war that was broken in the long ages ere the fathers of our fathers rode into the Mark! How shall a man judge what to do in such times?"

"As he ever has judged. Good and ill have not changed since yesteryear; nor are they one thing among Elves and Dwarves and another among Men. It is a man's part to discern them, as much in the Golden Wood as in his own house."

Werde Spinner
Rohan

Aug 31 2013, 8:53pm

Post #8 of 11 (759 views)
Shortcut
LOL! [In reply to] Can't Post

'The unmissable target vs. the never-accurate shooter.' The perfect description!

Heart Laugh Laugh

I love this thread SO much.

"I had forgotten that. It is hard to be sure of anything among so many marvels. The world is all grown strange. Elf and Dwarf in company walk in our daily fields; and folk speak with the Lady of the Wood and yet live; and the Sword comes back to war that was broken in the long ages ere the fathers of our fathers rode into the Mark! How shall a man judge what to do in such times?"

"As he ever has judged. Good and ill have not changed since yesteryear; nor are they one thing among Elves and Dwarves and another among Men. It is a man's part to discern them, as much in the Golden Wood as in his own house."

sevilodorf
Tol Eressea

Sep 1 2013, 1:07am

Post #9 of 11 (759 views)
Shortcut
How do bad guys get to be bad guys when they can't shoot straight? [In reply to] Can't Post

It's always been a mystery.

But the storm troopers are less likely to evoke an empathic response from the audience since you don't see their faces, so my belief is more of them will die.

Fourth Age Adventures at the Inn of the Burping Troll http://burpingtroll.com

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 1 2013, 5:13am

Post #10 of 11 (912 views)
Shortcut
LOL! *mods up* [In reply to] Can't Post

Excellent answer. Laugh

Silverlode

"Dark is the water of Kheled-zâram, and cold are the springs of Kibil-nâla, and fair were the many-pillared halls of Khazad-dűm in Elder Days before the fall of mighty kings beneath the stone."

noWizardme
Half-elven

Oct 6 2013, 8:37pm

Post #11 of 11 (809 views)
Shortcut
Stormtrooper misses every time, but Redshirt bangs head on boulder whilst ducking: RIP despite boulder being polystyrene really. Balance is restored// [In reply to] Can't Post

Disclaimers: The words of noWizardme may stand on their heads! I'm often wrong about things, and its fun to be taught more....

"nowimë I am in the West, Furincurunir to the Dwarves (or at least, to their best friend) and by other names in other lands. Mostly they just say 'Oh no it's him - look busy!' "
Or "Hold off! unhand me, grey-beard loon!"

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.