Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Flagship:
My re-edited trilogy is 99% finished!!!!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

frodolives
Able Seaman

Mar 9 2007, 4:03am

Post #26 of 44 (447 views)
Shortcut
Some images from the films [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll post a few images from the re-edits. Can you spot the changes?
Attachments: prancing pony.jpg (17.5 KB)
  anduril.jpg (23.3 KB)
  ROTK Book V.jpg (38.2 KB)

Aerin
Boatswain

Mar 9 2007, 6:12am

Post #27 of 44 (373 views)
Shortcut
What a great list! [In reply to] Can't Post

Just saying!

Idril Celebrindal
Sailing Master

Mar 9 2007, 4:44pm

Post #28 of 44 (387 views)
Shortcut
Great! [In reply to] Can't Post

A lot of these items were things I figured you might be stuck with, like Galadriel's nuclear meltdown.

I'm kind of a "less is more" person when it comes to fight scenes. I like them but think they tend to get dragged out.

In Reply To
I'm toying with getting rid of the scene where he eats his lunch while Faramir plunges into certain death. It might be more effective to see Faramir leave, and then the next time we see him he's being dragged by his horse.

I like that idea!

If you kept Denethor's infamous lunch, maybe you could substitute some of the footage from the "Frodo and Sam in Osgiliath" scene that shows Faramir and his men fighting in the ruins instead of being shot to pieces in their suicide charge.

With caffeine, all things are possible.

The pity of Bilbo will screw up the fate of many.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Ecthel
Swabbie

Mar 9 2007, 5:36pm

Post #29 of 44 (382 views)
Shortcut
re: [In reply to] Can't Post

I was wondering about a few things

-The Council of Elrond, is it possible to make all the Prologue information presented at the Council, instead of at the begining of the movie?

-Gimli wins the contest at Helms Deep instead of the whole "he twitched" line.

-The whole bit about Aragorn and Gimli fighting outside the gates of Helms Deep is fine and all, but it only holds back the Uruks for like 2 minutes. Can we have it like the books where it happens early in the battle and then they break through much later?

-I don't suppose you have any expierence in digital grading? Make the siege of gondor darker.

Really looking forward to this!

frodolives
Able Seaman

Mar 9 2007, 6:38pm

Post #30 of 44 (370 views)
Shortcut
Answers n' stuff [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I was wondering about a few things

-The Council of Elrond, is it possible to make all the Prologue information presented at the Council, instead of at the begining of the movie?

I would love to do that, but the problem is that it is narrated by Galadriel. It wouldn't make any sense to hear the voice of someone who isn't present at the council.

In Reply To
Gimli wins the contest at Helms Deep instead of the whole "he twitched" line.

I'll look into it. I don't like that comedy bit either.

In Reply To
The whole bit about Aragorn and Gimli fighting outside the gates of Helms Deep is fine and all, but it only holds back the Uruks for like 2 minutes. Can we have it like the books where it happens early in the battle and then they break through much later?

Probably not, because if you do that, you practically eliminate them from the battle altogether. You start with them at the gates, and can't use any of the non-gate footage in between.

In Reply To
I don't suppose you have any expierence in digital grading? Make the siege of gondor darker.

That would be easy. I'll look at it and see if I like it.

Ecthel
Swabbie

Mar 9 2007, 9:15pm

Post #31 of 44 (351 views)
Shortcut

I don't see why you just can't have Aragorn and Gimli go between the gate and the wall without showing them running to and fro

I never personally liked how Aragorn only suggested to ride out when he heard Gandalfs voiceover, to me it kinda takes away the courage of the riding out and takes away the surprise of Gandalf showing up

frodolives
Able Seaman

Mar 9 2007, 9:23pm

Post #32 of 44 (351 views)
Shortcut
hhmmmmm.... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I don't see why you just can't have Aragorn and Gimli go between the gate and the wall without showing them running to and fro

Still not quite sure what you mean... do you mean show them fighting in such a manner as to suggest they are still in front of the gate?

In Reply To
I never personally liked how Aragorn only suggested to ride out when he heard Gandalfs voiceover, to me it kinda takes away the courage of the riding out and takes away the surprise of Gandalf showing up

So you feel it would be more effective if we don't hear Gandalf's voice? That is an interesting idea!

Ecthel
Swabbie

Mar 9 2007, 9:41pm

Post #33 of 44 (340 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Still not quite sure what you mean... do you mean show them fighting in such a manner as to suggest they are still in front of the gate?

I guess for the first part of the battle have it like normal or however you have it, and right around when the Uruks charge the gate, Aragorn hells out to the Elves to shoot at them. So they do, but they continue on. Then Theoden yells "Brace the gate", then have him and Gamling go down and help out where he gets stabbed. And then Aragorn and Gimli show up, buy some time out in front of the gate, and Legolas shows up and brings them up on the rope. You'd also have to incorporate at least one of the giant latters coming up. Then once they're up, have them back over on the wall, and the exploding blast fire.

So you feel it would be more effective if we don't hear Gandalf's voice? That is an interesting idea!

To me, so many of the surprise of the book where spoiled in the movies. So maybe when Theoden says "What can you do againist reckless hate, take out Gimli's line about the "sun rising" and the Gandalf voiceover, just have Aragorn decisively say "Ride out with me"

And whoever suggested it, the idea of reusing Two Towers Osgiliath shots for Return of the King is great. Like this Nazgul shot. http://www.framecaplib.com/...ages/ttt/ttt1638.htm

Hell, you could even have Faramir shoot a Nazgul during the Osgiliath invasion for ROTK, build up his heroism. I could only wish you could keep Faramir asking which way Gollum will go, and the Cirith Ungol bit.

My real dream would be to have Boromir blow the horn of Gondor at the Balrog like in the books... shame thats impossible to do Tongue

Oi, I'm too over eager about this re-edit idea...Blush sorry

Ecthel
Swabbie

Mar 9 2007, 10:00pm

Post #34 of 44 (367 views)
Shortcut
Eomer [In reply to] Can't Post

maybe right after Eowyn kills the WK, have her do the goodbye speech with Theoden then, and then reincorporate Eomer finding her on the battlefield, DURING the Battle of Pelennor, instead of after.

frodolives
Able Seaman

Mar 9 2007, 10:07pm

Post #35 of 44 (382 views)
Shortcut
One idea worked, one won't [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I guess for the first part of the battle have it like normal or however you have it, and right around when the Uruks charge the gate, Aragorn hells out to the Elves to shoot at them. So they do, but they continue on. Then Theoden yells "Brace the gate", then have him and Gamling go down and help out where he gets stabbed. And then Aragorn and Gimli show up, buy some time out in front of the gate, and Legolas shows up and brings them up on the rope. You'd also have to incorporate at least one of the giant latters coming up. Then once they're up, have them back over on the wall, and the exploding blast fire.

Not a bad idea, but there is one massive problem: the soundtrack. When you rearrange scenes, you wind up with huge soundtrack/music headaches. Bluntly, it would create too much work and probably wouldn't flow well from a soundtrack standpoint. The soundtrack would suddenly change from one shot to the next. Also, there are no elves at Helm's Deep in my version.

In Reply To
To me, so many of the surprise of the book where spoiled in the movies. So maybe when Theoden says "What can you do againist reckless hate, take out Gimli's line about the "sun rising" and the Gandalf voiceover, just have Aragorn decisively say "Ride out with me"

Just did this and it worked well. Good idea!

SteveDJ
Cabin Boy

Mar 10 2007, 3:47pm

Post #36 of 44 (356 views)
Shortcut
Minor edit request [In reply to] Can't Post

Can you cut the one line that really bugs me? I'm talking about Legolas' line "...a diversion" in RotK.

Ecthel
Swabbie

Mar 10 2007, 6:00pm

Post #37 of 44 (342 views)
Shortcut
Arwen [In reply to] Can't Post

Since you have Anduril reforged in Fellowship, do you have Arwens plea to Elrond to reforge the sword in that movie? And how do you have Elrond presenting it to Aragorn since he does that in a Rohhirum tent?

frodolives
Able Seaman

Mar 10 2007, 7:30pm

Post #38 of 44 (372 views)
Shortcut
No Rohirric tent at all [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Since you have Anduril reforged in Fellowship, do you have Arwens plea to Elrond to reforge the sword in that movie? And how do you have Elrond presenting it to Aragorn since he does that in a Rohhirum tent?

No plea from Arwen anywhere. It doesn't take place in a Rohirrim tent. It takes place in Rivendell, as the attached pictures illustrate.

BTW, did anyone take a look at the other pics I uploaded, mostly concerning Anduril?
Attachments: rivendell 1.jpg (40.3 KB)
  rivendell 3.jpg (32.1 KB)
  rivendell 2.jpg (31.3 KB)

frodolives
Able Seaman

Mar 10 2007, 7:32pm

Post #39 of 44 (326 views)
Shortcut
I think so [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Can you cut the one line that really bugs me? I'm talking about Legolas' line "...a diversion" in RotK.

I don't like that either. I'll see if I can do it without disrupting the soundtrack.

Ecthel
Swabbie

Mar 10 2007, 9:10pm

Post #40 of 44 (319 views)
Shortcut

I think Arwen pleading for Anduril to be reforged and her going up to the statue with the shards would be a nice build up to the reforging scene.

And the Anduril composites look good. Are you gonna do more for scenes like this?
http://www.framecaplib.com/...es/fotr/fotr1490.htm

OH! You know how an Uruk with an axe charges at Merry and Pippin during the Breaking of the Fellowship? And then we see some slow mo shots of Boromir running to save them? Thats another surprise that could be done better. Instead of seeing Boromir run to the rescue, just have him come outta no where and grab the axe and proceed.

frodolives
Able Seaman

Mar 11 2007, 1:27am

Post #41 of 44 (312 views)
Shortcut
more answers [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I think Arwen pleading for Anduril to be reforged and her going up to the statue with the shards would be a nice build up to the reforging scene.

It might be, but that doesn't happen in the book, and my goal is to make this as close to the book as I can. Still, let me look into it.

In Reply To
And the Anduril composites look good. Are you gonna do more for scenes like this?
http://www.framecaplib.com/...es/fotr/fotr1490.htm

That's a tough one. Each time I do something like that, it takes a long time to accomplish. That scene you cited would be very hard to do, because the perspective on the sword changes through the shot. I do have an idea for it, though, so I may be able to come up with something. But, by and large, there will only be a handful of times I will replace the sword hilt. Most times you can't see it anyways.

In Reply To
OH! You know how an Uruk with an axe charges at Merry and Pippin during the Breaking of the Fellowship? And then we see some slow mo shots of Boromir running to save them? Thats another surprise that could be done better. Instead of seeing Boromir run to the rescue, just have him come outta no where and grab the axe and proceed.

That's a great idea. I just tried it and the soundtrack makes it virtually impossible, unfortunately. I might be able to come up with something, but this is a really tough one.

Daeorn Aldalómë
Powder Monkey

Mar 11 2007, 5:12pm

Post #42 of 44 (308 views)
Shortcut
I Want To See This!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow, I didn't think anybody else wanted to do this. I have neither the skill nor the equipment to do this but have thought about it a lot. How can I see it? I'm excited!

frodolives
Able Seaman

Mar 11 2007, 5:55pm

Post #43 of 44 (411 views)
Shortcut
Send me an email [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Wow, I didn't think anybody else wanted to do this. I have neither the skill nor the equipment to do this but have thought about it a lot. How can I see it? I'm excited!

Email me at excaliburvideo@adelphia.net

Cillendor
Able Seaman

Aug 28 2013, 8:04pm

Post #44 of 44 (207 views)
Shortcut
I know this is like six years old, but [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
TTT
- Frodo is manipulated by Gollum into telling Sam to go away (wildly out of character)
- Frodo enters Shelob's Lair without Sam

now with AUJ out, could you take the scenes of Sad Sméagol from the end of AUJ and use them for the "old Hobbit" scene that should've happened here instead in TTT?

(This post was edited by Cillendor on Aug 28 2013, 8:05pm)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.