Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
Any Western Slope Colorado Ringers out there?

RangerLady23
Lorien

Aug 7 2013, 4:51pm

Post #1 of 5 (178 views)
Shortcut
Any Western Slope Colorado Ringers out there? Can't Post

I have had a desire to meet fellow fans in my area for a long time but cannot find any. Are you out there? Holla back if you are.

Inferno
Superuser / Moderator

Aug 8 2013, 12:03am

Post #2 of 5 (193 views)
Shortcut
Not to my knowledge [In reply to] Can't Post

Although there are a LOT of folks these days who I'm not familiar with, so there may be. I know there's a relatively large group in the area between Ft Collins and Colorado Springs, and there are a couple of us (myself included) in Utah, so you're sort of in between those two groupings. So close, and yet so far away. =)

Inferno.

======================
Good night, tOR.Nados. Good work. Sleep well. I'll most likely delete you in the morning.
======================

RangerLady23
Lorien

Aug 10 2013, 4:15pm

Post #3 of 5 (169 views)
Shortcut
Well thanks anyway. [In reply to] Can't Post

You are totally right on so close and yet so far. I will just keep my eyes open. Two eyes as often as I can spare them.

Inferno
Superuser / Moderator

Aug 10 2013, 8:04pm

Post #4 of 5 (239 views)
Shortcut
If it is any consolation, [In reply to] Can't Post

The Denver-area crowd seems to get together fairly often, and I make the trip out there once or twice a year to visit with the folks there too, so it is doable, with some advance planning.

Weta will also be at Salt Lake Comic Con this year, if you feel like making the trip out here, I expect there may well be a couple of tOR.N folk kicking about there.

Inferno.

======================
Good night, tOR.Nados. Good work. Sleep well. I'll most likely delete you in the morning.
======================

CuriousG
Valinor

Aug 26 2013, 2:34pm

Post #5 of 5 (81 views)
Shortcut
Maybe improving? [In reply to] Can't Post

I grew up on the Western Slope, and finding fellow Tolkienites was unsuccessful. I found a lot of fans at college in Boulder. But there's been an increase in both fandom and in the population of Western Colorado, so maybe there are some active groups? There might be some based at Mesa State College/Colorado Mesa University. That would seem a likely base for a fan group or two, and depending on how far you are from Grand Junction you could make contact with them. (But the how far--weren't we used to driving an hour or two and not thinking much of it? Smile)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.