Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
Request for a new post (pretty please?) :)

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Aug 24 2013, 3:49pm

Post #1 of 13 (134 views)
Shortcut
Request for a new post (pretty please?) :) Can't Post

I would very much like to do a wrap-up post called Launching Tolkenia: Final Contributions and a Celebration. No one is posting on the present thread anymore, and I'm afraid Daniel's flag, and some of the later poetry contributions for the Anthem may never see the light of day, really--not to mention the swimming pool and the National Seal!Laugh

Is there any chance I could just post this one more? That would be it, as far as anything related started by me. I shall retire, and live out my days at the Eyott. Smile

Inferno
Superuser / Moderator

Aug 24 2013, 6:29pm

Post #2 of 13 (80 views)
Shortcut
As the first post is on page 2 [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't see a problem with it. Go ahead. =)

Inferno.

======================
Good night, tOR.Nados. Good work. Sleep well. I'll most likely delete you in the morning.
======================

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Aug 24 2013, 6:32pm

Post #3 of 13 (91 views)
Shortcut
Why, thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm thinking of waiting until late Sunday or early Monday to give it more of a chance of being noticed.

By the way, would you like a govt. post as Chief Technology Expert?Cool

Brethil
Half-elven

Aug 24 2013, 6:49pm

Post #4 of 13 (73 views)
Shortcut
Do you need us to repost things Ethel? // [In reply to] Can't Post

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply, and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in November. Happy writing!

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Aug 24 2013, 7:45pm

Post #5 of 13 (91 views)
Shortcut
Well, not exactly--or [In reply to] Can't Post

maybe sort of, but not yet! Anyway, my plan is for a thread is to do basically 3 things:

1) finish things up we already started, like the Poetry Monument and the Flag and Seal.

2) give opportunities for our very creative community to have a chance to choose National Officials, like park managers, or the head of the Tree Protection Service, and to invent a library and parks and pools and shops and new kinds of trees or edible lamp-posts: anything else people have always wished they could do in the real world. Either descriptions in writing, or drawings, or something photo-shopped or on YouTube, or any way anyone wants to get their ideas on the thread. And maybe design some "travel vouchers" for any of us who want to go there in hopes of purchasing a plot of land, or just to visit.

3) Then have a rousing celebration after that has somewhat "wound down" still on the same thread, a bit like a Fiesta Friday, only more "event-ish" (or Entish?Sly) with Silly or Serious Speeches, a few small mathoms and suggested favorite books to be filed in our Library (which someone hopefully would want to design) and hopefully with a performance of the Anthem, if Rux and Q.T. or maybe several different people--anyone who feels like it--had the time to record something.

So, for the Poetry Monument, I'd want to have yours and all the submitted poems re-copied all in one post, or on a picture of the "monument," which wouldn't necessarily need you to re-post, but just give your permision to have it copied in somewhere. But these things take off and have a life of their own, so you might need to re-post at some point. I think it'll all come clear as we proceed. Or if you or anyone wants to write a new or additional poem, we'll just make it a 6 or 8 or 10-sided monument!Smile

And I'd want to make mention of the new Hall of Poetry, and maybe pretend it's on some street or corner of Tolkenia somewhere.

Just a bunch of ideas. I plan to clean it up and post something Sunday night.

Thanks for asking!SmileSmileSmile

Brethil
Half-elven

Aug 24 2013, 9:34pm

Post #6 of 13 (102 views)
Shortcut
All awesome sounding Ethel! [In reply to] Can't Post

Will keep watch, and pitch in however needed! (Be careful or I shall deluge you with poetry. Crazy )

The Hall of Poetry would fit nicely next to the coffee shop I think. (Gimli's Grinds, home of the exclusive Hair On Your Chest blend.) (?) Wink

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply, and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in November. Happy writing!

Inferno
Superuser / Moderator

Aug 26 2013, 3:09am

Post #7 of 13 (74 views)
Shortcut
Personally, [In reply to] Can't Post

I've always wanted to get a position as "Chief of Secret Projects and Shiny Things".

;)

Inferno.

======================
Good night, tOR.Nados. Good work. Sleep well. I'll most likely delete you in the morning.
======================

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Aug 26 2013, 4:02am

Post #8 of 13 (65 views)
Shortcut
You'd probably have to arm wrestle [In reply to] Can't Post

Magpie for the "Shiny Things" part WinkLaugh

Bag ENZ Home of the Hobbit *with thanks to cameragod ;D*

One by one they faded, and fell into shadow...

One book to rule them all
One book to find them
One book to bring them all
And in TORn bind them
In the land of TORnadoes...where the brilliant play

Magpie
Immortal

Aug 26 2013, 4:23am

Post #9 of 13 (67 views)
Shortcut
I was just going to say something .... // [In reply to] Can't Post

: D

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Aug 26 2013, 2:31pm

Post #10 of 13 (64 views)
Shortcut
Okay, okay you two. Since I'm handing out political favors, [In reply to] Can't Post

Magpie can be the head of the Shiny Things Repository, and Inferno gets the "Chief of Inner Workings of City Hall" spot--both plum jobs.

Here are the plums, for whenever you both want to get started sorting:

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Aug 26 2013, 5:46pm

Post #11 of 13 (47 views)
Shortcut
P.S. Would you like a Mathom House Plaza [In reply to] Can't Post

somewhere near the Poetry Monument or the Library?Smile Might get it back in the public eye, with weaver unavoidably detained right now. I'd be happy to get back into some editing too, if you anticipate the need for any.Smile

The Grey Elf
Gondor

Aug 26 2013, 11:32pm

Post #12 of 13 (33 views)
Shortcut
So many great ideas, Ethel! As usual. [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry to see Tolkienia's creative founding wane. The best way that I can contribute is with another poem, but given that these are to appear on a monument, are you looking for ones that embrace a particular theme or style? I ask because the only one I have ready at the moment is, how shall I put this, a bit creepy. And I'm not certain that's appropriate.

Let me know your thoughts. It would be great to have this rolling again. The challenge is making sure the right eyes see it. It's a shame you can't re-post on two boards at once, Main and Fan Art? Admins, would you consider this?

Welcome more children to Middle Earth. Support The S.H.I.R.E. Project!

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Aug 26 2013, 11:50pm

Post #13 of 13 (48 views)
Shortcut
Well, the first one took some time [In reply to] Can't Post

to get rolling. But either way, we managed to get some wonderful poetry, a national anthem, and flag and a coat of arms! Not bad at all.

And, spooky isn't necessarily out of place. Let's see what comes about over the next few days. And in the meantime we already have your Fallow Land poem and Brethil's alliterative one, so we're at least half-way there!Smile

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.