Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming & Collecting:
Bridge Direct Wave 2 cancelled?

demnation
Rohan

Aug 24 2013, 1:40am

Post #1 of 7 (420 views)
Shortcut
Bridge Direct Wave 2 cancelled? Can't Post

Wave 2 was up for pre-order, but now I can't seem to find them anywhere. Has The Hobbit line been cancelled, or will they be back up closer to their release?

"In the beginning the Universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

stormcrow20
Gondor

Sep 12 2013, 5:04am

Post #2 of 7 (273 views)
Shortcut
Re: Bridge Direct Wave 2 cancelled? [In reply to] Can't Post

According to internet rumors, online retailers canceled their pre-orders and informed customers that the Hobbit toy line was to become exclusive to Toys R Us. As far as I know, The Bridge Direct has not addressed these rumors. They seem to be rather quiet regarding the Hobbit line.

The switch to TRU exclusives would make sense, as TBD related to fans earlier this year that they were having trouble getting retailers to carry the Hobbit line. Release date for the toys is October 15th, so hopefully we will hear something official soon!

demnation
Rohan

Sep 12 2013, 7:32am

Post #3 of 7 (342 views)
Shortcut
Wow! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the info. I'd given up hope of getting info from anywhere. It's a shame that the line doesn't seem to be doing well, but hopefully they will be able to get Wave 2 out at least.

"In the beginning the Universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 15 2013, 7:05pm

Post #4 of 7 (248 views)
Shortcut
I wonder if that goes for Lego, too [In reply to] Can't Post

They seem to be sitting on the shelves for a long time in my local stores.

5th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - August 11, 2013
1st draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - August 11, 2013

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

LordotRings93
Rohan

Sep 17 2013, 3:01am

Post #5 of 7 (398 views)
Shortcut
My Walmart never got them in [In reply to] Can't Post

They got the LEGOs in, but not the figures, so I ordered them online. Sucks that they'll only be Toys R Us exclusives.... I wish a bigger company had the license and actually USED it more, like making more figures not just from TH, but from LOTR as well. I like the 3 3/4 figures, and wish that TBD would get their stuff together to make an epic line of figures.

Lover of Medieval Fantasy
"I know what I must do. It's just... I'm afraid to do it."

stormcrow20
Gondor

Sep 22 2013, 9:59pm

Post #6 of 7 (212 views)
Shortcut
Hobbit Legos [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not quite as familiar with Legos. At least they have the consistent brand recognition of Lego, which is a major consideration for retailers. New LOTR sets seem to be coming out, as last I checked the Gandalf with cart sets at my local store were gone and replaced with a Palantir set with Gandalf and Saruman. And I think there was an upcoming Hobbit: DOS set of Laketown revealed at Comic-con. So maybe those are good signs. Just keep your fingers crossed that we get plenty of goodies from both Lego and The Bridge Direct!

That giant Bag End Lego set is so tempting everytime I see it...

stormcrow20
Gondor

Sep 22 2013, 10:29pm

Post #7 of 7 (353 views)
Shortcut
TBD LOTR [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, only select Walmart stores received the Hobbit figures, and those that did tossed them out wherever they had an empty spot, rather than having a dedicated shelf space.

I would like to stress that the Toys R Us thing is just a rumor at this point. Still no official word from The Bridge Direct.

TBD has said that their license includes LOTR, but they want to focus on The Hobbit at this time.

I think TBD is honestly trying. The switch from two films to three most certainly caused a ton of problems for what they had planned, since they have to work on their product way ahead of time. And they also had plans for a summer wave of Hobbit figures, but apparently that's where some of the problems with retailers factored in.

They have made some fantastic figures, and I agree that this line has so much potential. I can't wait to hear some official news.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.