"Kicks In Door!* It's FIESTA FRIDAY!!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 23 2013, 4:00pm

Post #1 of 120 (376 views)
Shortcut
"Kicks In Door!* It's FIESTA FRIDAY!! Can't Post

It's my privilege to quench your thirst and lend an ear on this Fabulous Friday! I'm taking orders for your favourite drinks while you share what you've been doing, what you're going to do, and what you REALLY want to do!

*cranks up jukebox*

Summer's winding down, so let's see if we can get some Satisfaction!

I know… its only Rock n' Roll… but I like it J

sample

5th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - August 11, 2013
1st draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - August 11, 2013

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 23 2013, 4:14pm

Post #2 of 120 (268 views)
Shortcut
Hi gramma! Any iced cappuccinos behind the bar? [In reply to] Can't Post

My youngest and her best friend arrived late last night from Chicago (it takes a 24-hour train trip to get here), so we're going to be hitting the local sites this weekend - wherever they'd like to go! Smile

And she'll probably want to hook up with some old school chums. They're only here for a week, so we'll be getting in as much as we can! Cool

How about you? And how's that horrid rash? Tongue

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Jazmine
Tol Eressea

Aug 23 2013, 4:14pm

Post #3 of 120 (284 views)
Shortcut
Hey gramma [In reply to] Can't Post

A still lemonade would be great, just what I need to wake me up after a busy week!

It's a three day weekend here, I am out competing with the dogs everyday, hoping for some good results.

Will have to upload some photos of Scout with his winnings, he's got himself a few trophies so far this season!

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 23 2013, 4:15pm

Post #4 of 120 (272 views)
Shortcut
Howdy Gramma! [In reply to] Can't Post

Pfff, what a week it has been. First official week after the holidays. Luckily I started practicing a week earlier. So at least my first start wasn't as hectic as this week. For everybody else it was first week. A lot of stories about how the holidays have been. But also an official opening of the year with a lot of planning. And a late open evening, for late deciders if they still want to start studying this year or not.

But it is Friday!! Tomorrow I'm going on a play date with my nephew and niece. Their mum has a workshop in the afternoon and their dad maybe has to work. So I'm back up. If dad has to leave, I'm in charge (oops).

And Sunday preparation for the next week. School starts Monday evening. For now all I know is the schedule. No idea what classes will be about exactly Crazy.

But tonight.... no plans! So I'm just going to hang around at the bar. Could I have a large Ice Tea! Thanks Gramma!

Lovely weekend to all!

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 23 2013, 4:18pm

Post #5 of 120 (267 views)
Shortcut
Big Yard Sale this weekend [In reply to] Can't Post

My neighborhood is holding at giant Yard Sale, with 33 different sites and over 50 participants (some of the locations are multi-family). I'm going to keep hold of my pocket-book, because I usually buy a lot of items from my neighbors. Cool

Weather is scheduled to be perfect, mid-80s, not humid, and sunny. At great time to stroll through my historic neighborhood and pick up some treasures. I'm the chair of the committee that's running the sale, so I'll be spending my day on my bike, delivering balloons to each site, putting up signs, and generally checking on things. We're expecting a charity truck mid-afternoon, so I have to make sure that's all set up.

Speaking of my bike, I took it in to the local cycle shop for a tune-up, new tires and new brake pads. I haven't had it out in several years, and I missed riding it. I got it back on Wednesday, and I can't wait to start riding again.

My city started a bike-sharing program this summer. There are over a hundred stations scattered throughout the city, and all you do is check out a bike at one location, ride it to your destination, then check it back in. Perfect for short trips, shopping or commuting. On Thursday, I rode a bike home from work and it was just great. I hope to do it often before the snow flies around here.

I'll take a pink lemonade from the barkeep. Hope everyone has a safe and fun weekend!

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Aug 23 2013, 4:21pm

Post #6 of 120 (264 views)
Shortcut
Hey, gramma! :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Ha, I like the addition of "what you REALLY want to do!" :D

I'll have a Summer Usual, please; thanks, and I hope you have a great weekend, gramma! :) *hugs*

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website: ListenUpReviews.com - Rockin' Choices In Entertainment!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

(This post was edited by Eventides on Aug 23 2013, 4:21pm)

silneldor
Half-elven

Aug 23 2013, 4:21pm

Post #7 of 120 (273 views)
Shortcut
*scrubbing white paint off with wet rag.* [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi gramma and everyone. The assault on the camp continues, as i am between paint coats.

. As described by my realtor (through though briefing), a client is wanting to see our place 2-3pm saturday and she is described as 'hearty' which is good sign.

Mrs. sil and i were hoping also this weekend host another moot but she is having serious back problems and has started the process with a few doctors. She has been amazingly healthy all these years and this sudden happening is very unsettling. But at least it is not other calamities that would be more so.

So please send good thoughts and prayers to hers. She deserves the best being a devoted mother and wife. It is a time like now that tells us how much we love her.

So imbibe of the summers delights and the full moon. Fall is not far away, and school is even closer FrownTongueUnimpressed (general sentiment from one in this household).

''Sam put his ragged orc-cloak under his master's head, and covered them both with the grey robe of Lorien; and as he did so his thoughts went out to that fair land, and to the Elves, and he hoped that the cloth woven by their hands might have some virtue to keep them hidden beyond all hope in this wilderness of fear...But their luck held, and for the rest of that day they met no living or moving thing; and when night fell they vanished into the darkess of Mordor.'' - - -rotk, chapter III

Faerie contains many things besides elves and fays and besides dwarfs, witches, trolls, giants or dragons; it holds the seas, the sun, the moon, the sky; and the earth, and all things that are one in it: tree and bird, water and stone, wine and bread, and ourselves, mortal men, when we are enchanted."
— J.R.R. Tolkien

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 23 2013, 4:22pm

Post #8 of 120 (257 views)
Shortcut
Your babies are doing well! [In reply to] Can't Post

Doesn't it seem that some dogs are natural-born competitors? And he (and "little sis") must be loving it! Laugh

Oh yes, it's been a while since we've seen the fluffy pups, pics would be wonderful! Smile

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 23 2013, 4:24pm

Post #9 of 120 (254 views)
Shortcut
So what do you do [In reply to] Can't Post

with your niece and nephew when you have a play date? Smile

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Aug 23 2013, 4:24pm

Post #10 of 120 (276 views)
Shortcut
A quick cup of miruvor, please, gramma [In reply to] Can't Post

The Gaffer and I are back from our awesome trip to Iceland, the Faroes, and Norway. I was going to include a couple of photos in this message, but Photobucket seems to be down this morning. Maybe next time (not next week, since I'll be attending the World Science Fiction Convention in San Antonio next Friday.) (Yes, if I keep this up I'll forget what my own house looks like.)

Fun note: I saw the word "Gimli" on several buildings in Iceland and am wondering if it's the word for "guest house" or something similar. I believe in Norse mythology, "Gimli" was some hero's feasting hall.

Iceland reminded us of Scotland and New Zealand combined, but with a lot of its own dramatic character---rocky moonscapes where lava has accumulated, bubbling mud pits and steam rising from the ground, and lovely green farms. There were moments I thought I was in Rohan, we saw so many horses!

The Faroes are lovely, green and steep, with lots of character. And Norway! Water, water everywhere! We Texans were boggled at all that water out in the wild.

Not-so-fun note: The ongoing family crisis has heated up yet again, so I won't be here very often for the next couple of weeks or so. I should still be able to post the reading thread, even if I can't hang around to discuss the books.

Hope everyone is well and stays so. (Rash, gramma? Not your behavior, I take it, but a skin condition?)

Must run, trailing clouds of confusion, not glory Tongue

*stuffs tip jar with Icelandic chocolate and Norwegian woolly mittens*

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 23 2013, 4:27pm

Post #11 of 120 (254 views)
Shortcut
You have a perfect city for biking in [In reply to] Can't Post

Flat, wide roads (usually), and bike lanes! In addition to all the park areas, especially around Lake Michigan.

How do the car drivers tend to take to the bicyclists?

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 23 2013, 4:27pm

Post #12 of 120 (254 views)
Shortcut
Hah! [In reply to] Can't Post

So, Evey - what do you really want to do? Wink

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 23 2013, 4:29pm

Post #13 of 120 (256 views)
Shortcut
What fun! [In reply to] Can't Post

Now THAT sounds like a great weekend!!! Chicago better be careful!

My allergic periwinkle drama is nearly invisible now. Thank Goodness!!

I have to go to a concert/dinner tonight, Saturday off to Mom's 2 hrs away to visit my eldest sister and her, then Sunday back here to host a pizza party for my youngest daughter's 40th birthday! Mercy... I'm glad I didn't have the face this weekend that I had last weekend :)

Have a great time, m'dear!!

sample

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Jazmine
Tol Eressea

Aug 23 2013, 4:30pm

Post #14 of 120 (256 views)
Shortcut
I felt the same about Iceland [In reply to] Can't Post

Parts of it had quite a NZ feel... though parts of it looked like you could bday on Mars! We were there in the winter though, I know it greens up in the summer.

Mostly stuck to the south, so we are hoping to go back and see the North at some point. How long were you there and where did you stay?

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 23 2013, 4:31pm

Post #15 of 120 (252 views)
Shortcut
Scout Pics Please :D [In reply to] Can't Post

I love it how Scout and you guys have found this wonderful adventure in shows and training and cakes and .... it's all so great!

Stay awake... and PACE YOURSELF :D

sample

sample

TIME Google Calendar

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 23 2013, 4:33pm

Post #16 of 120 (253 views)
Shortcut
*tries to imagine sil wearing two painted coats* [In reply to] Can't Post

How do you get "between" them, one hanging down the front and the other down the back?

Wink

Best of luck with the goings-on this weekend! And is the latest batch of pain meds having a good effect with Mrs. Sil? How's her leg feeling?

When's school start for you? Hubby's already gone back today, but the kids don't come until next week.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 23 2013, 4:34pm

Post #17 of 120 (248 views)
Shortcut
Keep Breathing... that's the key! [In reply to] Can't Post

Ice Tea AND some cookies to hold you over!

Wow, Rosie... those holidays are almost negated by the craziness when they're over!

I hope you have a restful night and LOTS of rest before Monday! *hugs* Take Care!

sample

sample

TIME Google Calendar

DanielLB
Immortal

Aug 23 2013, 4:35pm

Post #18 of 120 (255 views)
Shortcut
Who thought painting would be a good idea?! [In reply to] Can't Post

That would be my partner, who convinced me we needed to paint our hallway. I don't think I'm patient enough for it, and I'm already covered in paint (I'm using the Fiesta as a break.) Wink I've always wanted to do a Mr.Bean, and explode a paint tin. I can't imagine I'd get very good coverage, mind.

My week has been rather on and off. A rather nasty family feud might be around the corner. Fingers crossed it doesn't get too serious. But since it is a 3-day weekend for us, I'm going to enjoy it.

Having looked at the forecast, we're about to get quite a big downpour. Maybe painting isn't so bad afterall.

Any nice plans for the weekend gramma? How is your reaction to the plant this week? I hope it is better. Have fun everyone. Smile

(This post was edited by DanielLB on Aug 23 2013, 4:37pm)

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 23 2013, 4:36pm

Post #19 of 120 (247 views)
Shortcut
That's curious about "Gimli". [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll ask my eldest if she knows what that's about.

It sounds like you had a lovely trip! Best of luck with the "crisis", I hope it can get worked out before too long!

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Aug 23 2013, 4:38pm

Post #20 of 120 (247 views)
Shortcut
We were only there three days [In reply to] Can't Post

We were on a cruise that spent two days in Reykjavik and one in Akureyri, in the north. The north was a bit wilder, it seemed to us, with some spectacular volcanic sites. Eventually I hope to post a photo of me standing with one foot on the North American tectonic plate and one on the Eurasian plate!

Yes, we thought of the Mars comparison, too.

We were fortunate enough to have really pretty, sunny, relatively warm weather. Our guide was griping about the heat, when I, in my cotton turtleneck, wool sweater, and long jacket, was very comfortable.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Post #21 of 120 (244 views)
Shortcut
That sounds like so much fun! [In reply to] Can't Post

A woman after me own heart!!! Pink Lemonade on the rocks!

I love flea markets and yard sales when the whole neighbourhood gets together! And you tackling your duties on your bike is perfect. Actually, I fancy you volunteer to chair the thing just so you'll have an excuse to cruise the area ;) Do the streets close down with the influx of people?

That bike sharing is really smart. I'll bet it's a hit. *hugs* have a great time!!!

sample

sample

TIME Google Calendar

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Post #22 of 120 (245 views)
Shortcut
Better put your running shoes on, gramma... [In reply to] Can't Post

...it sounds like you're going to need them, for all your activities! Laugh Give your mom an extra hug from me! Smile

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Aug 23 2013, 4:39pm

Post #23 of 120 (241 views)
Shortcut
Thanks, dernie [In reply to] Can't Post

And yes, please report in on the "Gimli".

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Post #24 of 120 (240 views)
Shortcut
Hey Evey!! [In reply to] Can't Post

You Bet! I've got to get a jug of this chilled for ya.

Next time :)

I hope you have a wonderful weekend doing exactly what you WANT TO DO!!!

hugs

sample

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Post #25 of 120 (242 views)
Shortcut
A play date is a bit too big a word [In reply to] Can't Post

My niece is 5 months old. So her idea of fun is sleeping, drinking a bottle of milk, looking a bit around and back to sleep.

My nephew is 3 and a half, so he is in for fun. We are waiting to see what the weather will be like. If it isn't raining, maybe we go to a local play ground. So he and I can run around and my niece can lay in her stroller and sleep there. But if it is raining, we will probably be inside, playing with his cars (he is a huge Cars fan) or playing with the train.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.