Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
HobbitCon-2014 (Germany) - April 19-21!

TheHutt
Gondor

Aug 22 2013, 9:08am

Post #1 of 5 (259 views)
Shortcut
HobbitCon-2014 (Germany) - April 19-21! Can't Post

At the Easter weekend of 2014, there will be a second installment of HobbitCon in Bonn, Germany. This is an exclusively Hobbit-themed spinoff of the RingCon convention (which is the largest fantasy convention in Europe). The first HobbitCon took place at Easter 2013, had 8 dwarf actors as well as Sylvester McCoy as guests. It was not a great financial success; however, it really had a great atmosphere. So, for my part, it's good that there will be a sequel.

As of now, there are five guests announced so far, all of them dwarves:
- Ken Stott (Balin)
- James Nesbitt (Bofur)
- Mark Hadlow (Dori)
- John Callen (Oin)
- Dean O'Gorman (Fili).

Source: HobbitCon website.

Russian LOTR & Hobbit Site: Henneth-Annun.ru

demnation
Rohan

Aug 24 2013, 5:01am

Post #2 of 5 (228 views)
Shortcut
Good to know there will be another [In reply to] Can't Post

Would love to go, but I doubt it. As I understand it, cons focused on one fandom don't tend to do well in the modern age, leading to the bigger ones with a more broad focus like Ring con and Comic Con.

"In the beginning the Universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

TheHutt
Gondor

Aug 26 2013, 11:05am

Post #3 of 5 (200 views)
Shortcut
Might be true... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Would love to go, but I doubt it. As I understand it, cons focused on one fandom don't tend to do well in the modern age, leading to the bigger ones with a more broad focus like Ring con and Comic Con.

The way I see it, the organization has some big tentpole cross-fandom cons (like FedCon and RingCon) and sometimes they make irregular "Special" Cons which may or may not happen (depending on the number of visitors). The last HobbitCon was not a huge financial success, but I think the fact that they are doing another one shows that it was worth its while. :)

(This post was edited by TheHutt on Aug 26 2013, 11:06am)

TheHutt
Gondor

Oct 24 2013, 10:22am

Post #4 of 5 (222 views)
Shortcut
Two more guests signed up: [In reply to] Can't Post

Graham McTavish (Dwalin) and Stephen Hunter (Balin).

kiwifan
Rohan

Nov 4 2013, 6:08pm

Post #5 of 5 (165 views)
Shortcut
what do you mean? [In reply to] Can't Post

'The way I see it, the organization has some big tentpole cross-fandom cons (like FedCon and RingCon) and sometimes they make irregular "Special" Cons which may or may not happen (depending on the number of visitors). The last HobbitCon was not a huge financial success, but I think the fact that they are doing another one shows that it was worth its while. :)'

'they may or may not happen'?
we just got our tickets and are so looking forward to this event (the first one was stupendous, read my report...) and I really hope it won't be cancelled. We just have to get a lot of TORnsibs and other folks interested!

'Goodness gracious, you really are a messie!' 'Oh no, I'm not, these are all just mathoms...'

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.