Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
SCOD: The choice of Arwen

Silwen_Peredhil
Rivendell

Aug 21 2013, 5:42pm

Views: 440
Shortcut
SCOD: The choice of Arwen Can't Post

Welcome to the next Screencap Of The Day.

Here are the images:

Full-sized images can be found here and here.

What I like is the way these pictures are almost mirror image to each other with the positioning of the characters, the plants being in the foreground and the house in the background.

What struck me throughout the entire trilogy (and I am even detecting it now in the Hobbit) is that in almost all the scenes that involve the elves there are moments where the camera is zoomed out and it is as though the audience is peering in like children at the elves (a little like Frodo and Sam when they see the woodelves). In other scenes with men of dwarves the audience is usually made to feel much more part of the scene. I assume this is deliberate rather than coincidence, possibly to emphasise the fact that the elves are ethereal compared to any other creature in Middle Earth.

1. Do you think this is why they have done this? Do you like the way they have done this?

2. Look at the colours in each scene. Symbolically what do think is being conveyed here?

3. A question for costume lovers. What do you think of the costumes in this scene and how they help portray the characters thoughts and emotions?

4. i) What do you think of the music in this scene?
....ii) A little bonus question. Do you prefer the OST version of the soundtrack (Twilight and Shadow) or the Complete Recordings version (The Grace of Undómiel)

5. Any other thoughts or comments about this scene?

What's this? A Ranger caught off his guard?

Subject User Time
SCOD: The choice of Arwen Silwen_Peredhil Send a private message to Silwen_Peredhil Aug 21 2013, 5:42pm
    Costumes Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Aug 21 2013, 9:04pm
    More Elves, so pretty... Werde Spinner Send a private message to Werde Spinner Aug 22 2013, 1:07am
    Love that scene! FaramirAndEowynMorningStar Send a private message to FaramirAndEowynMorningStar Aug 22 2013, 7:27pm
    "Or were you looking at the woman in the red dress?" Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Aug 26 2013, 7:20pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.